Midnight Madness at Carrier Dome on Oct. 14 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Midnight Madness at Carrier Dome on Oct. 14

Funny thing is that a few years back this thread was bitching about the fact that we didn't conduct a midnight madness like "everyone" else did. Now we do and maybe get a taste of why we didn't.

The MM @ Manley was fantastic... when they moved it to the Dome and turned it into something that MTV would put on for a middle school is when it turned to .

Funny thing is that a few years back this thread was bitching about the fact that we didn't conduct a midnight madness like "everyone" else did. Now we do and maybe get a taste of why we didn't.

I wonder whether Kentucky's (or name your school) midnight madness is truly better than ours, or just something we see from the other side of the fence so it appears better. What do they do that we don't do well or don't do at all that we should do to make the event SU holds better?? I agree that the Dome is too large a venue for an event like this...but there is nothing about a pep rally to get excited for the start of practice that really gets me excited. There just isn't any real excitement to build on or around.

Kentucky and Kansas (probably others too) have been doing some version of Midnight Madness for several years to the point where it's a major tradition for the program as well as the fans and is a big selling tool for recruiting. In a perfect world, I would've liked for Syracuse to keep it at Manley for a variety of reasons. If they continued to do it like in 2007, the smaller capacity would create more demand for tickets (perception) and the venue would be louder. If you want to bring a recruit to the Dome, do it for a big game, not for something where you can whisper to the person sitting next to you and still have them hear you.

Agree with most of the comments regardng lets see more of the men's team than all of the nonsense. The KISS theroy has been all but forgotten by those in charge of the event. We want to see Christmas, Carter-Williams and Cooney, not Tone Luc etc. Have the players go through the stands and shake hands with the kids anything but what we have been seeing these last few years.

And, frankly, the women's team shouldn't be involved. Just because they play the same sport doesn't mean the women's and men's basketball teams have anything in common, nor does it mean most men's basketball fans want to watch the women play (at least, not as part of the same event).

do it for a big game, not for something where you can whisper to the person sitting next to you and still have them hear you.

Sadly there are some people who wish this were true for actual home games.

and by 'some people' i mean the people that sit in front of me.

I'm pretty sure it can't be held at Manley anymore. What are the other options other than the Dome and the Melo Center (which doesnt have spectator seating)?

Not sure it'd help too much, but since the video boards are useless anyway, why not put the blue curtain back up for the event? Might help the atmosphere a little bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom