Midyear Transfers | Syracusefan.com

Midyear Transfers

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Any kid who asks for a transfer at the end of the Fall semester wouldn't be eligible at his new school until Jan 2018, right?

Asking for a friend.

Any kid who asks for a transfer at the end of the Fall semester wouldn't be eligible at his new school until Jan 2018, right?

Asking for a friend.

Correct, unless you get a waiver, which the NCAA has done away with I believe.

I think it's actually the end of the 1st semester, so it could be closer to mid-December.

I honestly cannot decipher if this thread is potentially good news, or potentially bad news...:noidea:

Asking for a friend.

Tell Cavanaugh that we need a guard not another forward.

At this point, wouldn't the kid have to sit out the entire 2017-2018 season? We're already into January and any kid that has already transferred did so 2-3 weeks ago. Can they stay up until the beginning of the 2nd semester at one school and then be eligible at a new school right after the fall semester? That doesn't seem correct.

At this point, wouldn't the kid have to sit out the entire 2017-2018 season? We're already into January and any kid that has already transferred did so 2-3 weeks ago. Can they stay up until the beginning of the 2nd semester at one school and then be eligible at a new school right after the fall semester? That doesn't seem correct.

I believe so. That doesn't mean there isn't noise about it or that the kid won't transfer. I would think Frank though not Battle. Battle and TT are getting bigger roles. No where to go for AW3, Gillon, Roberson or DC2. Even if Lydon wants out he's taking the NBA rout. That leaves Frank who has been playing like he has no idea what he is supposed to be doing on both ends of the court.

Spring semester hasn't started yet.

This is a small tangent, and doesn't effect any player here, but if a basketball player were to graduate after the first semester, could he then transfer mid-year to another school and be eligible to play immediately? I know that most coaches wouldn't do this, as it would disrupt a team, but I am just wondering if it would be allowed.

This is a small tangent, and doesn't effect any player here, but if a basketball player were to graduate after the first semester, could he then transfer mid-year to another school and be eligible to play immediately? I know that most coaches wouldn't do this, as it would disrupt a team, but I am just wondering if it would be allowed.

No idea, but good question. I would think so based on how the rule works now.

Asking for a friend.

Who's your friend? Asking for a friend.

So, we have a legitimate Center and Point Guard transferring in I take it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom