Midyear Transfers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Midyear Transfers

let's suppose we had a kid on the squad that hurt us with recruits? If we had kids that visited who had run ins with the kid. Would you think we would be better with that kid or better if he left. the sooner the better.

Makes sense.

let's suppose we had a kid on the squad that hurt us with recruits? If we had kids that visited who had run ins with the kid. Would you think we would be better with that kid or better if he left. the sooner the better.

Is that kid worried about losing PT? Or just piece of work?

Is that kid worried about losing PT? Or just piece of work?

Both.

I'm biting my tongue here, because some information was shared with me in confidence. All I'll say is that if some details came out outlining what Dasher describes above, posters would be grabbing torches and pitchforks.

So based on this thread we can come to the conclusion that Frank is gone?

Let me change a few words in your statement and just think about it.
let's suppose we had a coach or coaches on the squad that hurt us with recruits? If we had kids that visited who had run ins with the coach or coaches. Would you think we would be better with that coach or coaches or better if he left. the sooner the better. ( Remember, our team is really bad and can't play together, and out recruiting is the worst in years.) Now that I ticked everyone off...jmo ;)

Makes sense. Something is really up with this program. Not just in how they're playing this year, but in their recruiting.

Both.

I'm biting my tongue here, because some information was shared with me in confidence. All I'll say is that if some details came out outlining what Dasher describes above, posters would be grabbing torches and pitchforks.

Sounds pretty ugly. I can't say its shocking since the more I watch this team the more evident it becomes that there are some major issues that aren't simply basketball related. Not to mention the very strange recruiting cycle we just went through.

This makes sense. I'm fine with getting rid of bad apples.

I confess that I am feeling a bit desperate about having players, particularly guards. At this point I would be OK accepting a lower rated player who can dribble and pass, because we'll need some of those next year.

This makes sense. I'm fine with getting rid of bad apples.

I confess that I am feeling a bit desperate about having players, particularly guards. At this point I would be OK accepting a lower rated player who can dribble and pass, because we'll need some of those next year.

Its funny we finally have a plethora of shooters and now we have a shortage of playmakers.

Based on talent alone, there is no way this team's backups should lose to BC.

Hypothetically, would a kid like this have hurt us with, let's say, a 5 start recruit called Kwade Cyan, for example?..... Hypothetically.

This thread is simultaneously super interesting and super depressing, cannot spin it any other way

Yes, its one of those ugly sites you can't seem to look away from.

Hypothetically, would a kid like this have hurt us with, let's say, a 5 start recruit called Kwade Cyan, for example?... Hypothetically.

Sure to some extent but I think this Kwade Cyan kid (whoever he is) was playing his own game right to the end. That doesn't mean having a currant player cause problems wouldn't still be a turn off on some level.

Hypothetically, would a kid like this have hurt us with, let's say, a 5 start recruit called Kwade Cyan, for example?... Hypothetically.
Not really him. Hypothetically, of course.

Let me change a few words in your statement and just think about it.
let's suppose we had a coach or coaches on the squad that hurt us with recruits? If we had kids that visited who had run ins with the coach or coaches. Would you think we would be better with that coach or coaches or better if he left. the sooner the better. ( Remember, our team is really bad and can't play together, and out recruiting is the worst in years.) Now that I ticked everyone off...jmo ;)
Okay, let's play that out. Let's suppose that coach was a Hall of fame coach that had won a NC and gone to 5 final fours. And let's suppose that while that team is really bad and can't play together, the coach had led his team to two final fours in the previous 4 years. Looking at it that way, it would be easy to see just how stupid that opinion would be.

Okay, let's play that out. Let's suppose that coach was a Hall of fame coach that had won a NC and gone to 5 final fours. And let's suppose that while that team is really bad and can't play together, the coach had led his team to two final fours in the previous 4 years. Looking at it that way, it would be easy to see just how stupid that opinion would be.
remember what we learned in grade school: there are no stupid opinons . . . just stupid people who voice their opinions!

So, is this thread to mean that some folks are hinting that we have a bad apple on the current team that may been poisoning the on court performance/chemistry while also being detrimental to the recruiting game as well?

• I hear you and yes what you have said about HCJB is correct, but I am looking at it as he is heading out of town into RETIREMENT land, and what he has done will be or has been matched or exceeded by very few. I am speaking about his replacement and assistants. But you can see as many here do that HCJB has been slowly but surely turning the reins over to Mike Hopkins and staff and that has shown mainly the last couple years and in those couple years you can see things are not going the way it was, mainly in recruiting, but now you are seeing by the play on the court. Sorry but my point is to hang on, and this is "jmo" just my opinion , hold on, we are in for a long bumpy ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom