Might cut the cord | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Might cut the cord

If there is anyone out there that is looking at cutting the cord but their significant other is concerned about the Hallmark channels, you may want to look at this streaming service as a cheaper option for Hallmark. Of course this doesn't have any sports channels so you'll still need something for that.

"Significant other" is concerned. Sure...

My 3 year promotional period with Spectrum has ended. SU sports has always been my main entertainment so I've never minded paying whatever I needed to to see every game. For the first time in my life, with the way college sports is trending and the question about SU's future in it, I'm considering switching to YouTube TV and just deailng with whatever RSN games I'll miss.

My 3 year promotional period with Spectrum has ended. SU sports has always been my main entertainment so I've never minded paying whatever I needed to to see every game. For the first time in my life, with the way college sports is trending and the question about SU's future in it, I'm considering switching to YouTube TV and just deailng with whatever RSN games I'll miss.
I still like YouTubeTV fwiw.

I still like YouTubeTV fwiw.
Good to know. Thanks for the feedback. I knew my promotion was ending. It was very clear on my bill so I wasn’t caught by surprise. But the thing that made me mad was the Spectrum website was not clear on what channels were in each tier. It used to be, but not anymore.

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback. I knew my promotion was ending. It was very clear on my bill so I wasn’t caught by surprise. But the thing that made me mad was the Spectrum website was not clear on what channels were in each tier. It used to be, but not anymore.

Love YTTV but shoutout to my grandmother who uses spectrum still so I use her login if 'Cuse is on YES network.

So if you know anyone with spectrum, just use their log in if it's YES.

Love YTTV but shoutout to my grandmother who uses spectrum still so I use her login if 'Cuse is on YES network.

So if you know anyone with spectrum, just use their log in if it's YES.
Good to know. Pretty sure my parents are keeping Spectrum, but I was thinking it was able to tell if you weren’t logging in from the home network and only let you view a limited number of channels. Maybe not though, if it works for you.

My Hulu is up to $96 a month. Might go to YouTube tv. Is YouTube tv easy to watch on the go through the app ? Hulu I watch everywhere which is my only reservation for not dropping it

Honestly I have YTTV and with that the ESPN app linked with my YTTV. Don’t think I have ever missed a game. Maybe 1-2 times but I have a VPN which are very cheap so you can lie to espn and say you are in Kansas and then can stream the game on ESPN app because it isn’t blacked out. But I think that was only for like 2 basketball games. Very rare occurrence.

Good to know. Pretty sure my parents are keeping Spectrum, but I was thinking it was able to tell if you weren’t logging in from the home network and only let you view a limited number of channels. Maybe not though, if it works for you.

So you're right in what you're thinking. You cannot log into the 'spectrum' app to watch live TV. So many channels use some kind of streaming though and require a "cable log in" -- that is where I use it.

My Hulu is up to $96 a month. Might go to YouTube tv. Is YouTube tv easy to watch on the go through the app ? Hulu I watch everywhere which is my only reservation for not dropping it

Couldn't love YTTV more for this. I have it on my phone and my ipad. When I travel for work, I pull it up (in say Dallas) and can watch SNY for the mets. A prompt comes up when the app opens saying "did you move or here temporarily"

I just got rid of Spectrum , switched to YouTube tv. It depends on where you live but in Albany I get ACC network plus the New York channels - Yes and MSG - that sometimes carry SU games. So far all is good. And I am saving $90 per month. As far as ESPN + I got that for $5 per month. I’ll never miss a game.
I also live in Albany. Who’s your internet provider, if you don’t mind me asking?

I pay

Base price 65, I pay 10 for sports and then 20 for 4k channels. The benefit of the 4k channels is that it also includes up to 20 streams in the same house. Sounds excessive but when I have people over I usually get up to 5 TV’s going at the same time. I enjoy that I don’t need to pay 5-10 dollars extra per box (7 total), every tv just has a fire stick or something more to stream YTTV. No wires and no hassle. Extremely condiment.

We have FuboTV and it's not bad. Quality good, startup times good, channel guide good, unlimited devices great.
However, Bally Sports isn't part of it, nor is some other stuff. And I still can't figure out where my Fubo ESPN subscription ends and ESPN+ subscription starts.

I take my roku everywhere and watch YTTV. On my iPad app as well. Very user friendly

Until about 3 years ago, my only internet option was by satellite which was no option at all. Then a father & son team, sitting atop a large fiber cable a few miles away, set up their own wifi network, with repeaters to help reach more of this remote area. It costs $75 per month but I can stream now. I subscribed to Sling during football and basketball but dropped it after the season.

I'm good with youtube most of the time and will look at youtubetv, but sling seems cheaper for what I'm willing to pay for. There's a lot of free content available, much of which helps me maintain my vehicles and home utility systems. I've really enjoyed coursera, too. There's way too much available content out there as it is and I don’t want to support fox news in any way if I can avoid it. There seems to be an endless market for new content and don't think that will change anytime soon, but my willingness to spend money on it is very limited.

YouTube seems to keep raising their prices, every time you turn around.

I have a fabulous package with Verizon FIOS - Gigabyte Internet, all of their channels. And I still pay for about 5 streaming services.

So I clearly spend too much on my entertainment. But I have everything available everywhere. Computers linked to every TV in the house, too.

I changed a couple times in the last 10 years, but I'm never changing again. The Verizon fiber optic service and picture quality is just superb.

I have a fabulous package with Verizon FIOS - Gigabyte Internet, all of their channels. And I still pay for about 5 streaming services.

So I clearly spend too much on my entertainment. But I have everything available everywhere. Computers linked to every TV in the house, too.

I changed a couple times in the last 10 years, but I'm never changing again. The Verizon fiber optic service and picture quality is just superb.
YouTubeTV price has held steady for a while tbh.

If you call into spectrum to cancel the tv they will likely offer you something to stay

Do you really expect us to believe you were watching Better Call Saul and not Dawson's Creek?
Sassy James Van Der Beek GIF by The Ringer

Are you able to watch all the SU games with that combo (fios + verizon fios TV)?

What is the breakdown of the Internet price for the cord cutters and then the streaming services?

Reason I ask - my contract is up in two months and I’m considering going no TV too. Right now, spending about $160/mo., which includes 300 mbps Internet plus a pretty basic TV package that includes RSN (Philly).

I’m currently using Xfinity but found an Internet deal that is around $50/mo. We have access to ESPN & HBO through parents, Hulu through work, plus Disney+, and pay for Paramount+ which is $5/mo. Probably not interested in a YTTV or live streaming service.

Looking at saving right around $100/mo., and could add on an Apple TV for $5/mo. and still save substantial amounts.

What is the breakdown of the Internet price for the cord cutters and then the streaming services?

Reason I ask - my contract is up in two months and I’m considering going no TV too. Right now, spending about $160/mo., which includes 300 mbps Internet plus a pretty basic TV package that includes RSN (Philly).

I’m currently using Xfinity but found an Internet deal that is around $50/mo. We have access to ESPN & HBO through parents, Hulu through work, plus Disney+, and pay for Paramount+ which is $5/mo. Probably not interested in a YTTV or live streaming service.

Looking at saving right around $100/mo., and could add on an Apple TV for $5/mo. and still save substantial amounts.
For spectrum (only option where I am and 400mbps I pay 75 (just increased from 60). I also pay 84 for YTTV. But that includes sports package for 10 dollars and 4k channels which is another 10 dollars. All in I pay 159 for 7 connected TV’s and every channel I could possibly want. I have never missed out on anything. It would be great if Fios came around. Better internet and better price I would think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom