Might cut the cord | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Might cut the cord

I've been using streaming services for a couple of years and the price keeps going up while they cut channels. Hulu was 30 or $35 when I started with them. Now it may make sense to go back to Comcast cable.

When you watch cable/directv they dont really know what you are watching.. When you stream they do.. they know the value channels add and start to know when to cut/add channels on usage. its all a value game.. Value to the customer or value to the producer.

If you jumper early you got some value in price even if the product is worse and you lost functionality with the Apps.

Yes, terrible interface. I thought I might get used to it and adjust, but no. It’s just a poor setup.
And dvr is terribly glitchy, sometimes it records, sometimes it doesn’t

I've been using streaming services for a couple of years and the price keeps going up while they cut channels. Hulu was 30 or $35 when I started with them. Now it may make sense to go back to Comcast cable.
Comcast still doesn't have the ACC Network. I haven't seen any board post rumors that they're even still in negotiations w/Disney.

When you watch cable/directv they dont really know what you are watchi
ng.. When you stream they do.. they know the value channels add and start to know when to cut/add channels on usage. its all a value game.. Value to the customer or value to the producer.

If you jumper early you got some value in price even if the product is worse and you lost functionality with the Apps.

Stream with a VPN and they know you are streaming but have no idea what. They have no idea what you are downloading, either. Pick a VPN that doesn't retain history.

I have all the main devices but recently setup a raspberry pi 4 with kodi aded a vpn and I don't miss a thing.

Stream with a VPN and they know you are streaming but have no idea what. They have no idea what you are downloading, either. Pick a VPN that doesn't retain history.
no i mean the sites know. like if you are using the espn app they know what game and disney knows what movie.

but if you use a firestick and kodi and a vpn they still have the ability to know what you are watching.. And since almost all vpn illegal streaming comes from over seas your ISP could lock that down too if they wanted.

It seems like the creditors are saying to Sinclair, "Amateur Hour is over. Bring in people who know what they're doing so this can be fixed." The Due Diligence people at the creditors didn't do such a hot job in determining that Sinclair overpaid for the RSNs.

YouTube just lost NESN. RSN in New England. Tougher and tougher to find a platform that gives you everything

YouTube just lost NESN. RSN in New England. Tougher and tougher to find a platform that gives you everything
YouTube is annoying. I was happy with accn, yes, rsn, and literally did not need much more. I wish we could have the option to pick and pay for 10-15 stations

That day will come and you will get 10-15 stations for more than you are paying now. 90% of the people are paying for the stations you want and dont watch them so your cost goes down. And when they cut stations to make this work costs will go up more because so many stations will go away and people will stop supplementing them and quit altogether and then the people who think the only want sports will have to foot the entire bill.

That day will come and you will get 10-15 stations for more than you are paying now. 90% of the people are paying for the stations you want and dont watch them so your cost goes down. And when they cut stations to make this work costs will go up more because so many stations will go away and people will stop supplementing them and quit altogether and then the people who think the only want sports will have to foot the entire bill.
That's something that folks really don't understand. They're not "paying for stations I don't watch", it's really paying for a station you do watch and the others are thrown in. If a la carte does come in, TV bills are not going down enough to make a real difference.

It seems like the creditors are saying to Sinclair, "Amateur Hour is over. Bring in people who know what they're doing so this can be fixed." The Due Diligence people at the creditors didn't do such a hot job in determining that Sinclair overpaid for the RSNs.
Sinclair's poor management might be the opportunity that ACC fans (and the conference and Disney) have been looking for. Make them a low-ball offer and get those games on the air in the schools' prime viewing areas.

With NBA and MLB over, I cancelled TV entirely other than having Hulu for $6 a month.

If college b-ball actually happens, I’ll reup with one of them. Otherwise, I’m saving my money until the NBA starts back up.

Latest Update courtesy SoloHawks

From a sports fan perspective.
This does not include any temporary promotional prices

NOTE: ATSC 3.0 is here or coming to a TV market soon. If you plan to watch local channels OTA, I wouldn't go out and buy a new TV if it doesn't have a ATSC 3.0 compatible tuner. There are work arounds...but just another thing to consider.

$5/month - Peacock Premium
Premier League Pass w/ 24/7 EPL Channel, Rugby Pass, IndyCar Pass, Track and Field Pass, Figure Skating Pass, Snow Pass, Supercross and Motorcross Pass
Extra EPL matches, Figure Skating and Skiing events, Guinness Six Nations Rugby Championship, Premiership Rugby, Heineken Champions Cup

$6/month - ESPN+
select live MLB, NHL, NBA, and MLS games, as well as college sports, PGA golf, Top Rank Boxing, and Grand Slam tennis matches. You’ll also find the United Soccer League, cricket, rugby, Canadian Football League, English Football League, FA Cup, Italian/German/other European league soccer, and UEFA Nations League games, and a lot of other international leagues for Baseball, Hockey, UFC, Top Rank Boxing, Soccer, Football, Basketball, College Sports, Tennis, Rugby, Cricket, Lacrosse, and Esports
Great package for those who love college sports, UFC, and/or European soccer. Also gives you access to ESPN 30 for 30 library

$6/month - CBS All Access
Local CBS Affiliate, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Women's Champions League, Nation Women's Soccer League (NWSL), AHL, NCHC, Hockey East
Easy access to CBS content and extra soccer/hockey content

This comes included with a 24/7 membership over at the other board (Manley Zoo) with your annual/monthly dues. It is converting to Paramount+ on 3/4/21.

$8/month - Fanatiz

beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS en Español, beIN SPORTS Connect, beIN SPORTS XTRA, GolTV, GolTV en Español, TyC Sports International, LaLiga TV, NuestraTele, Real Madrid TV (in English), Real Madrid TV (in Spanish), Sevilla TV, Todo Noticias, For The Fans and XTF.
You can add on an Italian Soccer in Italian package for an additional $8/month or have it as your base stand alone package
You can add on a Brazilian soccer package for an additional $8/month or have it as your base stand alone package
An afforable soccer focused streaming service

$10/month - Sling World Sports
BEIN Sports & Extra, BEIN La Liga TV, BEIN Sports Connect, Priemere Brazilian Soccer, Outside TV, Willow TV, Willow TV Extra, Nautical Channel
Can add on other non English language channels in $5/month packages which can increase leagues available.
An easy way to add BEIN if your main provider doesnt carry it or if BEIN is all you want. Brazilian soccer now included. Willow is a cricket network too.

$10/month - B/R Live
Live matches from National Lacrosse League and World Armwrestling League, 24/7 channels from Liverpool FC, Manchester United, Tottenham, and Arsenal

$12.50/month - FloSports
Wrestling, Grappling, Racing, Marching, Track, Cycling, MileSplit? Varsity, Bowling, Softball, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Cheer, Competitive Fitness, Rodeo, Rugby, Gymnastics, Volleyball, Soccer, Lacrosse, Combat, Voice, Dance, Swimming, DirtonDirt
25 sports channels with a variety of events and properties including CAA Basketball and a wide variety of Amateur wrestling championships

$20/month - DAZN
Boxing and MMA content.

$30/month - Fubo Latino
Univision, Unimas, Galavison, TUDN & TUDN Extra Channels, BEIN Sports, BEIN Sports Espanol, ESPN Deportes, Fox Deportes, GolTv Espanol, TYC Sports, Nuestra Tele International
If soccer is a priority and English language not a requirement then this a very affordable base package so other sevices like ESPN+ and CBS All Access can be added.

$35/month - Sling Orange
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, TBS, TNT, Stadium, BEIN Sports Extra
The cheapest price point available to get ESPN/2, TBS, and TNT. Also includes easy access to Stadium and BEIN Sports Extra.

$35/month - Sling Blue
FS1, NBCSN, NFL Network, Local FOX/NBC affiliate (if owned by Fox/NBC), NBC RSN (Washington, Bay Area, California only), TBS, TNT, TruTV, Stadium, BEIN Sports Extra
The cheapest price point available to get FOX/NBC/Turner plus the NFL Network. Also includes easy access to Stadium and BEIN Sports Extra.

Sling is dropping the last 3 RSNs they do carry (NBC Sports Washington, Bay Area, and California) on 3/31/21

$40/month - TMobile TVision Live TV

ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, FS2, NBCSN, TBS, TNT, TruTV, Local ABC/NBC/FOX affiliates (if available)
New plan that allows for the most affordable package for the most popular national sports channels.

$46/month - Sling Orange & Sports Pack
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNNEWS, ESPNU, SEC Network, ACC Network, Longhorn Network, TBS, TNT, PAC 12 Network, NBA Network, NHL Network, MLB Network, MLB Strikezone, Tennis Channel, BEIN Sports & Extra, Stadium, OutsideTV
The cheapest price point available to get all ESPN Networks, TBS, and TNT with most other specialty sport networks.
MISSING: NFL Network, RSNs, CBSSN, Big 10 Network, FS1/FS2, NBCSN, Golf, and Olympic

$46/month - Sling Blue & Sports Pack
FS1, FS2, NBCSN, NFL Network, Local FOX/NBC affiliate (if owned by Fox/NBC), NBC RSN (Washington, Bay Area, California only), TBS, TNT, TruTv, NFL Redzone, NBA Network, NHL Network, MLB Network, MLB Strikezone, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, Big 10 Network, Pac 12 Network, BEIN Sports & Extra, Stadium, OutsideTV
Gets you most Non ESPN sports channels
MISSING: most RSNs, the ESPN Networks, CBSSN

Sling is dropping the last 3 RSNs they do carry (NBC Sports Washington, Bay Area, and California) on 3/31/21

$50/month - Sling Orange/Blue Combo

ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, FS1, NBCSN, NFL Network, TBS, TNT, TruTV, Local FOX/NBC affiliate (if owned by Fox/NBC), NBC RSN (Washington, Bay Area, California only)
The Cheapest way to get ESPN, NBCSN, FS1, and Turner Sports plus the NFL Network

$50/month - TMobile TVision Live TV+

ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNEWS, ESPN College Extra, FS1, FS2, NBCSN, TBS, TNT, TruTV, Local ABC/NBC/FOX affiliates (if available), ACC Network, Big 10 Network, SEC Network, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, NFL Network, NBC RSNs (if available)
New plan that allows for the most affordable package for the most popular national sports channels with most popular specialty addons

$55/month - Vidgo
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, ESPNNEWS, ESPNU, SEC Network, ACC Network, Longhorn Network, FS1, FS2, Fox Deportes, Big Ten Network, Local FOX/ABC Affiliates (if available), NFL Network, NFL Redzone Pac 12 Network and Regional PAC 12 Networks, BEIN Sports, Stadium, MAV TV
New Sevice that had added ESPN and Fox Networks plus Redzone. This package is worth a look for college sports fans.
MISSING: ESPN3 access(?), RSNs, NBC, NBCSN, CBS, CBSSN, NBA, NHL, MLB, Golf, Olympic, Tennis, TBS, TNT

$60/month - TMobile TVision Live Zone
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNEWS, ESPN College Extra, ESPN Deportes, FS1, FS2, Fox Deportes, NBCSN, TBS, TNT, TruTV, Local ABC/NBC/FOX affiliates (if available), ACC Network, Big 10 Network, SEC Network, Longhorn Network, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, NFL Network, NFL Redzone, NBC RSNs (if available), MavTv, OutsideTV
Well rounded competitively priced package that includes the full load of ESPN, Fox, and NBC sports networks

$65/month - Sling Orange/Blue Combo with Sports
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 content, ESPNNEWS, ESPNU, SEC Network, ACC Network, Longhorn Network, FS1, FS2, NBCSN, NFL Network, Local FOX/NBC affiliate (if owned by Fox/NBC), NBC RSN (Washington, Bay Area, California only), TBS, TNT, TruTv, NFL Redzone, NBA Network, NHL Network, MLB Network, MLB Strikezone, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, Big 10 Network, Pac 12 Network, BEIN Sports & Extra, Stadium, OutsideTV
Gets you pretty much all sports channels except most RSNs and CBSSN

$65/month - FuboTv Family Plan
ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, FS2, CBSSN, NBCSN, Golf, Big 10 Network, PAC 12 Network, ACC/SEC Network (IN TERRITORY ONLY), NFL Network, BEIN English/Espanol/Extra, BEIN La Liga TV, BEIN Connect Networks, TVG, Local ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX affiliate and NBC/AT&T SW/AT&T PIT/NESN/MSG RSNs (If available)
Fubo also carries the Univision networks which is what sets them apart.
No FOX RSNs, YES, or Marquee and only the 1 AT&T RSN
Turner Networks currently in dispute. ESPN3 Access is available on the ESPN app with FuboTV credentials.

Fubo had an Extra package for $6/month that includes ESPNU, ESPNNEWS, ACC Network, SEC Network, Tennis, MLB, NBA, NHL, Stadium, and the Stadium Xtra channels along with some other non sports channels.

Fubo has a sports pack available for additional $11/month which will add ESPNU, ESPNNEWS, ACC Network, SEC Network, Tennis Channel, MLB, NBA, NHL, Stadium, the Stadium Xtra channels if you dont have the Extra Package PLUS NFL Redzone, MLB Strikezone, PAC 12 regional networks, Gol TV English and Espanol, and TVG2

ACC and SEC states gets ACC/SEC Network in the base package. Hard to see how this beats YouTube TV though unless you like Bein and Univision soccer

$65/month - YouTube TV
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNNEWS, ESPNU, FS1, FS2, CBSSN, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, TBS, TNT, TruTV, Big 10 Network, SEC Network, ACC Network, NFL Network, NBA Network, MLB Network, Local ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX Affiliate & NBC RSNs (if available)
YouTube TV is a well rounded package for sports if you do not need NFL Network and pritotize a high number of streams and DVR. ESPN 3 content is available via ESPN app. No FSN RSNs, Altitude, MASN, MSG, YES, or Marquee. NESN is no longer available. Orlando & Seattle MLS are included. Tennis Channel has been dropped

YouTube TV has a sports pack available for additional $10/month which will add NFL Redzone, Fox Soccer Plus, Fox College Sports, GolTV, MavTV, Stadium, and TVG

$65/month - Hulu Live TV
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNNEWS, ESPNU, ESPN College Extra, FS1, FS2, CBSSN, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, TBS, TNT, TruTV, Big 10 Network, SEC Network, ACC Network, Local ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX Affiliate & NBC RSN (if available)
ESPN3 Content can be accessed with a Hulu Live TV login in the ESPN app.
Latest price increase greatly reduces advantage over YouTubeTV
MISSING: NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB/TENNIS/PAC 12/BEIN and most non NBC RSNs

$70/month - AT&T TV Entertainment
ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, NBCSN, TBS, TNT, TruTV, Local FOX/NBC/ABC/CBS Affiliates (if available)
Univision and Galavision also included which have Spanish language soccer.

$85/month - AT&T TV Choice
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNEWS, FS1, NBCSN, TBS, TNT, TruTV, Local FOX/NBC/ABC/CBS Affiliates (if available), RSN, ACC Network, SEC Network, Big 10 Network, MLB Network, NBA Network, Tennis Channel, TVG
All RSNs except NBC Philly and NBC Northwest. Univision, Galavision, and UniMas also included for Spanish Language soccer.

$95/month - AT&T TV Ultimate
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNEWS, FS1, FS2, NBCSN, CBS Sports Network, TBS, TNT, TruTV, Local FOX/NBC/ABC/CBS Affiliates (if available), RSN, ACC Network, SEC Network, Big 10 Network, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, MLB Network, NBA Network, NHL Network, Tennis Channel, TVG
All RSNs except NBC Philly and NBC Northwest. All Univision networks included for Spanish Language soccer.
As of now, if you want RSN's and don't want traditional cable, this is your only option. The Choice and Ultimate options include HBO Max for 1 year AND NBA League Pass for the 2020-2021 season. I would look into bundling cable/internet though, because this package is very expensive for what you get and there are better options

I just got rid of Spectrum , switched to YouTube tv. It depends on where you live but in Albany I get ACC network plus the New York channels - Yes and MSG - that sometimes carry SU games. So far all is good. And I am saving $90 per month. As far as ESPN + I got that for $5 per month. I’ll never miss a game.
You don’t still get MSG correct?

I gave Fubo a one month try - good content but find it very glitchy and frustrating to use.

That leaves AT&T as the only option to access the former Fox RSNs. Sinclair/Bally are allegedly working on their own app to provide access as well. <sigh>

Another hack - if you're just trying to watch a couple of games, you can create new gmail e-mail accounts and do 5 day free trials of YouTube TV

It seriously amazes me how cheap people sound on this board when it comes to cable TV. Just pay for Spectrum, get the channels you want and avoid all the headaches and aggravation....issues solved!

It seriously amazes me how cheap people sound on this board when it comes to cable TV. Just pay for Spectrum, get the channels you want and avoid all the headaches and aggravation...issues solved!
I had TWC for 18 years with zero problems. When they made me switch to spectrum due to me wanting to change an aspect of my plan, it all went to crap. And I mean bad. It wasn’t about the money, until I realized that spending so much just to be miserable was stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom