Might cut the cord | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Might cut the cord

I get everything free on the Amazon Fire TV stick. ACC Network, every game, fights & movies.

I get everything free on the Amazon Fire TV stick. ACC Network, every game, fights & movies.
This doesn’t add up. Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, Apple TV, etc… are just portals. You need to subscribe to the underlying service somehow.

This doesn’t add up. Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, Apple TV, etc… are just portals. You need to subscribe to the underlying service somehow.

I was thinking the same thing. Even though I have smart tv's with roku appa, I still use roku streaming sticks. There's lots of free stuff on roku but I still have to pay for accn etc.

I will be signing up for a streaming service tomorrow. I've had Hulu, sling and YouTube in the past. Not going back to sling.
Any recommendations or deals that look good?
We've been using YouTubeTV for years.
It works great for us.

Your YouTubeTV account also give you access to ESPN/ACCNX, Fox Sports, etc..

The 3 streams worked fine for us (we used 2 and one of our sons was allowed to use the other) until our son got an extra TV which on occasion caused us to get kicked out and then had to re-join and kick him out. We then upgraded to YouTubeTV HD which removed the 3 stream limit.

We typically have 3 or 4 TVs on the deck and at least one indoors for college football days.
We have 2 Roku sticks and 4+ FireTV sticks. The FireTV stick is my favorite as it is more open to letting you install additional applications, including my VPN service (NordVPN). The latter lets us watch some out of market NFL games that our friends may want to see, in addition to letting me watch some Dutch sports programs (and others) which I like to watch (Dutch national soccer team games, Olympics, etc.).

We've been using YouTubeTV for years.
It works great for us.

Your YouTubeTV account also give you access to ESPN/ACCNX, Fox Sports, etc..

The 3 streams worked fine for us (we used 2 and one of our sons was allowed to use the other) until our son got an extra TV which on occasion caused us to get kicked out and then had to re-join and kick him out. We then upgraded to YouTubeTV HD which removed the 3 stream limit.

We typically have 3 or 4 TVs on the deck and at least one indoors for college football days.
We have 2 Roku sticks and 4+ FireTV sticks. The FireTV stick is my favorite as it is more open to letting you install additional applications, including my VPN service (NordVPN). The latter lets us watch some out of market NFL games that our friends may want to see, in addition to letting me watch some Dutch sports programs (and others) which I like to watch (Dutch national soccer team games, Olympics, etc.).

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. I install third party apps and I am able to stream the content for free.

I was thinking the same thing. Even though I have smart tv's with roku appa, I still use roku streaming sticks. There's lots of free stuff on roku but I still have to pay for accn etc.
I pay zero. I know where to find the free content. FYI

I think what people are saying it that you still have to pay for access to the Internet. It might be Spectrum (internet only). It might be Verizon. Or Comcast or one of the many other Internet providers out there. Or you could be accessing it through your phone and casting it from there.

Though I believe there are some areas in the city of Syracuse where people can access the Internet wirelessly for free, provided they meet certain low income requirements.

I think what people are saying it that you still have to pay for access to the Internet. It might be Spectrum (internet only). It might be Verizon. Or Comcast or one of the many other Internet providers out there. Or you could be accessing it through your phone and casting it from there.

Though I believe there are some areas in the city of Syracuse where people can access the Internet wirelessly for free, provided they meet certain low income requirements.
I definitely have to pay for internet. Good point. Thank you.

That does not sound legal.
Super Troopers Police GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors