Might cut the cord | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Might cut the cord

20 year DirecTV customer pulling the plug here...tried Fubo but wasn't thrilled with the interface or some occasional lag. Trying out YouTubeTV right now and so far pretty happy with it. Some say it's expensive, but relative to DirecTV seems quite reasonable. Just wish they had NHL Network.

20 year DirecTV customer pulling the plug here...tried Fubo but wasn't thrilled with the interface or some occasional lag. Trying out YouTubeTV right now and so far pretty happy with it. Some say it's expensive, but relative to DirecTV seems quite reasonable. Just wish they had NHL Network.
ESPN broadcasts the NHL now. I have YTTV as well. Once they start broadcasting games in the fall, just download the ESPN app and click on a game you want to watch. Takes you right to their log in to pay for their hockey package. I had it last year and it was great

This was the only thing I felt that YouTube tv was missing. This just made my summer. Take that back, this is number 2 behind my first born son in July. But I love this.

It's still missing national distribution of WPIX and my regular Yankee broadcasts :(

It's still missing national distribution of WPIX and my regular Yankee broadcasts :(
Regional sports channels are not available on YouTube tv or any streaming service I believe except for directv stream. Thankfully I’m not a fan of most of the teams where I live

ESPN broadcasts the NHL now. I have YTTV as well. Once they start broadcasting games in the fall, just download the ESPN app and click on a game you want to watch. Takes you right to their log in to pay for their hockey package. I had it last year and it was great
NHL network has exclusive games you cannot see anywhere else .. and alot of my teams games end up on it .. (go leafs go .)

The other issue with the espn plus service is you know exactly how Long the game is if you’ve avoided knowing the score and watching later .. total spoiler for close games where you can sort of tell by game length if it went OT or not

Regional sports channels are not available on YouTube tv or any streaming service I believe except for directv stream. Thankfully I’m not a fan of most of the teams where I live

I could understand if the Yankees had a regional following, but the Yankees were America’s team before the Cowboys thought to call themselves that.

There are some but not all. For my area, YouTube TV carries the main NBCSports Washington and Philadelphia (the Caps, Wizards, Flyers, and 76ers) channels and their alternates. Unfortunately, the ACC RSN games are on MASN (the channel owned by the Orioles). I'm sometimes able to get those games on the ESPN app on my Roku device, especially those that are branded as ACCN+.

I could understand if the Yankees had a regional following, but the Yankees were America’s team before the Cowboys thought to call themselves that.
The Cowboys didn't call themselves that. NFL Films called them that because the crews found Cowboys paraphernalia all over the country when they would travel. The Cowboys management (way before Jerrah) was fairly embarrassed by it all.

The Yankees are "America's Team to Hate".

download.jpg

Is anyone using FUBO or HULU?

I have Hulu. What would you like to know? I've got the version with commercials, because it came bundled with some other services that I get.

I have Hulu. What would you like to know? I've got the version with commercials, because it came bundled with some other services that I get.

Thanks, I signed up for Hulu the other day. It seemed like most on here were signed up for YouTube TV.

I looked at the channels and it seems like it will work.

Last year I used sling orange with the sports package but it didn't have Fs1 and 2.

Been reading this thread. Cutting the cord when I move next. Sounds like Fubo or YTTV are the best options.

I can't say about your area, but in Virginia Sling TV Orange + Sports is a better option for ACC basketball. Among other things, it has ACCNX which YouTube TV does not. Also, a VPN service which allows you to select a variety of servers around the country is helpful when the games are only being shown on ESPN3 (or, whatever the folks at Disney are calling it these days). That allows you to circumvent that pesky "game not available in your area" message.

I can't say about your area, but in Virginia Sling TV Orange + Sports is a better option for ACC basketball. Among other things, it has ACCNX which YouTube TV does not. Also, a VPN service which allows you to select a variety of servers around the country is helpful when the games are only being shown on ESPN3 (or, whatever the folks at Disney are calling it these days). That allows you to circumvent that pesky "game not available in your area" message.
When you say ACCNX are you talking about the streaming channels tied through WatchESPN or is there an overflow channel for the ACCN like the BTN and others have with Sling? I have YTTV and can access all the streamable ACC stuff with my credentials.

When you say ACCNX are you talking about the streaming channels tied through WatchESPN or is there an overflow channel for the ACCN like the BTN and others have with Sling? I have YTTV and can access all the streamable ACC stuff with my credentials.
Last year, I tried switching from Sling TV Orange + Sports to YouTube TV. I really missed ACCNX which I had had in previous years. ACCNX provides a lot more content including previously shown games. In as much as I only subscribe to these services during basketball season, I can't recall all of the specifics now. YYTV offers more overall content, but Sling TV covers the ACC better, IMO, and it's a tad less expensive ($46 vs $65/month). YYTV also provides an unlimited DVR where Sling TV limits you to 50 hours with the basic packages. Personally, I think both interfaces leave a lot to be desired.

I’m cutting the cord on the Post Standard. The price just keeps going up. It’s gone up nearly $20 for 13 weeks. $68 for 13 weeks for only the online edition is not worth it anymore. I like their SU beat writers, but in my opinion it’s completely out of hand.

I’m cutting the cord on the Post Standard. The price just keeps going up. It’s gone up nearly $20 for 13 weeks. $68 for 13 weeks for only the online edition is not worth it anymore. I like their SU beat writers, but in my opinion it’s completely out of hand.
I've never seen a price that high. I started getting online only for $10 per month and then got an email to refer a friend for $60 for one year. So I signed up for that using my other email address and cancelled the $10 per month subscription.

If you cancel, watch your email. They will send you better offers to get you back.

with spectrum raising there prices again, looking at youtube tv and hulu live. pros and cons of each

with spectrum raising there prices again, looking at youtube tv and hulu live. pros and cons of each
Can't speak to Hulu Live but YouTubeTV is great. The recording is awesome. Strong channel lineup. Easily authenticates to the ESPN app. Mobile app works great. I don't have a personal point of comparison but I've heard the Hulu interface is not the easiest to navigate.

Can't speak to Hulu Live but YouTubeTV is great. The recording is awesome. Strong channel lineup. Easily authenticates to the ESPN app. Mobile app works great. I don't have a personal point of comparison but I've heard the Hulu interface is not the easiest to navigate.
I had Hulu live for a little while and honestly can’t remember….but I believe it was similar but just a little “clunkier” to use at that time.

Agreed on YouTubeTV, I’ve always thought it was great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom