Class of 2014 - Mikale Wilbon, RB (Illinois) offered | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Mikale Wilbon, RB (Illinois) offered

Vaild points. But thats with most teams. If a team lose their top 3 backs to injury. It forces a freshman or 2 to fill in. If that was to happen Ameen Moore , Irv Phillips and Nas Howard can fill in until 1 or 2 backs get healthy again. Im still not too worried. But again valid points. 2015 is a huge need for RB's and Im hoping Mcdonald's recruiting can land a upper tier florida RB.

Thanks money, I think you understand the point I was trying to make. I am certainly not overly worried I just would have preffered we brought in a second RB based on the fact that PTG is a high injury risk guy an Erv is still 50/50 to qualify from what I heard. I still think Morris and Macfarlane are good backs just not a fan of having to put so much pressure on one classes to really kill it. Puts a ton of pressure on the staff and a late decommit can really put a team in a bind. Still think we are good at RB but if Erv doesnt qualify I think we surely need to move Nas to RB, 3rbs for Div 1A is simply not enough.

I think in a pinch someone like AB could play some RB, perhaps 2-3 of the DB's have done it, but if we are down to the 4th RB we are in trouble no matter who we recruit, but teams every year have that issue someplace.

Lots of activity in this thread. I gave up on it when I heard he was Nebraska bound, but keep peeking thinking he had a change of heart.:(

First of all I dont see much worrying, I see some concern that after taking zero rb's last year and only having 1 lined up for this year (with major qualifying issues) there could be an issues if injuries or off the field issue hit. I think that concern is extremely legitimate especially when PTG has a pretty significant injury history. You dont see many Div 1 programs bring in 1 rb in two recruiting classes, if a few players go down and Erv phillips is suddenly the #2 I think your opinion would change real quick.

Second your answer to what Mcdonald would do if we were hit with injuries at RB isnt feasible at all. This team is no where near ready to become a team that throws the ball 75% of the time. Hunt is not that type of QB first of all and second the offense is still being modified and accompanying players brought in to match the system. No matter how good KJ, Custis and Ishmael look right now there still going to be Frosh and need time to adapt to the speed and play of high end Div 1 and to learn the playbook. Syracuse still needs a potent running game to be successful, we cant become Washington State after one year.

The only concern I have is that the staff at one time would have brought in 3 backs if all would have wanted Cuse (Ollison, Ish, Erv). Sure Erv then was considered a slot, but we were still bringing in 2 backs. I do think we are taking a semi gamble with 3 key backs, but they also have 2 back up options in Erv (who will qualify), and AAM. They must feel good about some 2015 kids, plus you can't really bring in a stud RB and have him RS. Stud backs just don't RS, which would mean whoever it is would be stuck for 3 years behind 2 talented kids. I can understand the rationale.
Plus I do see a lot more passing next season. That's the way McDonald wants to play. Personally I feel Hunt could be that type of qb with a strong receiving corp and further development.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom