Mike hart new rbs coach | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mike hart new rbs coach

"Well kid, I gotta tell ya, I was all gung ho about Michigan and even though I went to the league I've always had an empty feeling inside like I turned my back on NY football. I made a mistake and by the time I realized it was too late. To this day I wish I repped my home team, my friends, my family... and that's why I'm here now. To right that wrong and not let you make the same mistake"
- Hart to the next 4 star NY recruit

Doesn't matter if it's true - it's recruiting

Hart wasn't their 4 star recruit though. He was a 3. Some guy named Max Martin was their 4.
http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/02/hidden_gems_alan_branch_mike_h.html

Between he and Latavius I would say we should be all over the next back out of Onondaga that's a D1 prospect.

My first reaction was, "Cool!". After I thought about it some more I thought about him recruiting kids to Syracuse. "Hey Coach Hart, why didn't you stay home and play at Syracuse?" We shall see. #TrustInDinoIWill

"If Dino was coaching SU back then, I wouldn't have given UM the time of day." Solved.

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that we didn't recruit him.
Does anyone know the real story?
Mike never really considered Syracuse, he took visits to notre dame michigan state and Michigan before settling on Michigan which was always his school of choice

Mike Hart and Tshimanga "Tim" Biakabutuka were two of the backs most fun to watch in the UM/OSU games.
Hart is a winner and can coach on my team any time.

Mike Hart and Tshimanga "Tim" Biakabutuka were two of the backs most fun to watch in the UM/OSU games.
Hart is a winner and can coach on my team any time.

Absolutely, most thought he wouldn't do much at Michigan either, most thought he would never make the NFL, etc. Really like the hire and what Mike brings to the table.

Now just bring in Macky as inside Wr coach and we are all set..:)

Last edited:
To any kid outside of the Syracuse area, he simply tells them that he wanted to get away from home.

As long as SU can recruit the east coast effectively I'm fine with this but I see a lot of guys from the MAC. Wasn't this a complaint from those that thought Shafer went to the MAC for his staff too much as well? I trust HCDB and have always liked Hart plus he has had camps in NY as well but this ain't looking like a spirograph, more like a zeppelin left to right. I hope I'm wrong.

As long as SU can recruit the east coast effectively I'm fine with this but I see a lot of guys from the MAC. Wasn't this a complaint from those that thought Shafer went to the MAC for his staff too much as well? I trust HCDB and have always liked Hart plus he has had camps in NY as well but this ain't looking like a spirograph, more like a zeppelin left to right. I hope I'm wrong.
Just looked over Bowling Greens roster. 12 kids form FL, we will be fine with where these recruit.

Just looked over Bowling Greens roster. 12 kids form FL, we will be fine with where these recruit.

I was just hoping for NJ, PA, VA, NC, DC, and GA as well but as you wrote they seem to do well in FL. Wins on the field will help any recruiting. If Hart can teach these guys their reads and assignments I'm happy.

Last edited:
Mike Hart has always been an over achiever and IMO we are fortunate to have him as an assistant here.
So what if he is not a Syracuse grad; is Dino? The MAC has been a stopping point for many who turned out to be excellent coaches. The issue is not the MAC; it's who you select from the MAC. Both of these new position coaches seem like good ercruiters and quality coaches. Welcome aboard, Mike!

dinosaur 2 giphy.gif

Mike Hart has always been an over achiever and IMO we are fortunate to have him as an assistant here.
So what if he is not a Syracuse grad; is Dino? The MAC has been a stopping point for many who turned out to be excellent coaches. The issue is not the MAC; it's who you select from the MAC. Both of these new position coaches seem like good ercruiters and quality coaches. Welcome aboard, Mike!

View attachment 54640
He was Coached by David Walker/Colts http://horseshoeheroes.com/2015/01/26/colts-part-ways-running-backs-coach-david-walker/

Last edited:
To any kid outside of the Syracuse area, he simply tells them that he wanted to get away from home.

Doesn't his family still live in Nedrow? It's not as if he/they don't like the area. Not worried about any questions asked about his college choice.

What’s interesting to me is that Bowling Green rolled Western Michigan twice and Babers still wanted to hire these guys.

They are arguably their best two positions coaches and recruiters (so says MLive.com) and Western Michigan has had far and away the MAC’s best recruiting class two years running.

good article on Hart at WM

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2014/04/wmu_football_assistant_blendin.html

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that we didn't recruit him.
Does anyone know the real story?
We didn't recruit him because he made it clear he was going to Michigan from day 1.

View attachment 54640

i believe you may have missed the sarcasm in his comment

Toga said:
Exactly so, except that instead of being able to see Russia, you can see Nedrow.
I was thinking more Urban Dictionary than actual proper nouns.

I have met and know Mike Hart first hand - awesome kid. Mike knows many of the upstate NY high school coaches due to all the work he does here in the off season and they know him. He may not know coaches in NYC/NJ as well as upstate coaches know him but the upstate coaches know the downstate coaches. They will open doors for Mike Hart - period. He!!, Mike Hart will open doors based upon Mike Hart alone in the NE.

All high school coaches really care about is getting as many eligible kids college scholarships wherever - SU, MI and yes even Rutgers. It's about getting kids, especially those that cannot afford it, into college. Period. We as fans want them at SU but that is not the end all be all - it's about getting, especially those less fortunate, into college.

My opinion - absolutely outstanding hire by Dino Babers. Simply fantastic knowing Mike is on staff. His pedigree alone should stop all the nonsense going on in this thread.

Welcome back Mike!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom