Mike hart new rbs coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mike hart new rbs coach

I don't doubt anything about his ability to coach, I worry about the recruiting aspect.

Well, he is certainly well known in NYS.

I would think many NYSHS coaches know of him and would be intrigued to at least meet him and get to know him.

And, my sense is that he is a bright and personable guy.

atcar said:
AND he knows the position...;)
Would have preferred someone with more experience coaching and recruiting the Northeast but he certainly knows the position.

This is a great move for him. Experience coaching in this scheme is going to really help him get another job.

Welcome to Syracuse Mike.

Would have preferred someone with more experience coaching and recruiting the Northeast but he certainly knows the position.

This is a great move for him. Experience coaching in this scheme is going to really help him get another job.

Welcome to Syracuse Mike.

I guess I look at it like this - he seemed to play smart. He seems to be a bright guy. He knows NYS and CNY. He has coached at the MAC level for four years. And, Rob Moore hadn't coached at all when he came back to Syracuse under Doug Marrone. I'm good with it.

We had a Mike Hart type running back in the 90's; David Walker who was slightly bigger maybe not as shifty but ran over people. And he has a ton of experience coaching RB's.

My first reaction was, "Cool!". After I thought about it some more I thought about him recruiting kids to Syracuse. "Hey Coach Hart, why didn't you stay home and play at Syracuse?" We shall see. #TrustInDinoIWill
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that we didn't recruit him.
Does anyone know the real story?

We had a Mike Hart type running back in the 90's; David Walker who was slightly bigger maybe not as shifty but ran over people. And he has a ton of experience coaching RB's.
And can't recruit a lick.

And can't recruit a lick.
Thank you Ithaca Barrel......Pitt had a stable of very good stable of backs...thanks to David... Richardson Mcintosh.....off the top of my head at SU

From what I understand, Mike was going to Michigan and we were more interested in a guy named Rice.

I don't know anything about him as a coach.he was a great player and he's from the area. Those are both big pluses. However, he went to Michigan, which is a minus. Ultimately, it's a bet, but it's probably a good bet, and the rest of our offensive coaches are good enough to over for him if he flops. I think it's probably a good move.

I'm WAY more concerned with who we have coaching defense, and who our key non-NE recruiters are going to be.

My first reaction was, "Cool!". After I thought about it some more I thought about him recruiting kids to Syracuse. "Hey Coach Hart, why didn't you stay home and play at Syracuse?" We shall see. #TrustInDinoIWill

"Well kid, I gotta tell ya, I was all gung ho about Michigan and even though I went to the league I've always had an empty feeling inside like I turned my back on NY football. I made a mistake and by the time I realized it was too late. To this day I wish I repped my home team, my friends, my family... and that's why I'm here now. To right that wrong and not let you make the same mistake"
- Hart to the next 4 star NY recruit

Doesn't matter if it's true - it's recruiting

He always wanted to go to Michigan. It was his dream school. We never had a chance.

"Look man, I went to Michigan because the old staff at SU wanted me to be a cb. Like you, I knew I was a rb, and we won't make that mistake again." Welcome to the family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom