Mike Hart to Indiana | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hart to Indiana

Just saw this on Twitter and all I can think is 'Why?'
Did he not fit with the offensive plan somehow?
Indiana isn't exactly a promotion.

upload_2017-3-2_11-13-22.png

Yeah good luck to him this seems strange at first glance. Did he not pick up the system as fast as Babers wanted, did his personality not fit in with the rest of the coaches? Just odd seems he was set up for success he's from the area, with an innovative head coach, ACC football is a great conference. Good luck to him though. Now excited to see who replaces him.

Last edited:
Really liked him here. We'll upgrade though no doubt.

Man I'm disappointed to hear this. I thought he was a great fit for the staff and kids on the recruiting trail really liked him. HS coaches respected him also.

I'm guessing Indiana pays their RB Coach much more than we do otherwise why would he make this move?

Sometimes, its just a matter of guys wanting to coach with people they know and schemes they know. He could be setting himself up for a future gig. He is a up in coming recruiter but he is not a big loss. Just have to find another recruiter. From a coaching standpoint, the RB position is the easiest to coach. Not alot to it.

so one person says maybe the Rbs didnt learn the system so we pushed him out and another says its the easiest to coach..

I think it was more he didnt mesh and Dino said if you can find a place to land it might be a good time to look and leap..

I dont know how we know how good a recruiter he was based on where he has been, if he wasn't a local kid done good most would have been pretty blah on the hire in the first place.

Just sayin':

William & Mary (FCS – VA): Offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers has announced his resignation. Rogers has been coaching college football since the late 70’s at places like Ohio State, Navy, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Boston College, and Temple, and also served as Brett Favre’s quarterbacks coach with the Vikings, where he spent six seasons (2006-2011).

If it has anything to do with money, Syracuse needs to start cutting bigger checks or they risk more coaches leaving.

I think this is all about the lack of development from our RBs last season. They looked lost all year.

Glad Mike was able to land on his feet and I wish him the best of luck coaching with his UM friends at IU.

I wondered if this had something to do with it. I liked having an East Coast guy on the staff from a recruiting perspective. But we really need more production out of the running game and maybe a new coach is the answer.

At a glance no crossover between Hart and any of the IU coaches. Dino moving onto his 3rd RB coach.

Just sayin':

William & Mary (FCS – VA): Offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers has announced his resignation. Rogers has been coaching college football since the late 70’s at places like Ohio State, Navy, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Boston College, and Temple, and also served as Brett Favre’s quarterbacks coach with the Vikings, where he spent six seasons (2006-2011).

He is 65 years old.

Maybe he had issues teaching RBs (JF?) how to read and call out line assignments. Pure speculation.

But he looks 59. And he feels 50. And Dino Babers' offense is so exciting that it will put years back on his life, making it like he's 47. So there you go.

Maybe that's why Hart is leaving. Too young to be employed by SU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom