Mike Hart to Indiana | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hart to Indiana

At a glance no crossover between Hart and any of the IU coaches. Dino moving onto his 3rd RB coach.
Lynch was his RB coach for one year at BGSU. Does he move back to that spot?

Harts OC at michigan is the OC at indiana, QB coach is a former teammate for hart. Have to assume the offense they run (power FB) is something Hart likes
aaah, good point. Was looking at coaching history not player/coach history.

I think this is great news. I'm seriously ecstatic about it. I've never publicly said it but I wasn't enamored with Mike as a RB coach or as a recruiter. I recently alluded to it in another post that RB coach is the one position we should go out and get a dynamic recruiter; a Stan Drayton type.

Mike didn't strike me as a strong recruiter and there's always the elephant in the room about him shunning his hometown team for Michigan. That's a tuff sell in imho.

The RB's were less than spectacular and our best one is transferring.

This is a huge opportunity to really go out and get an ace recruiter who can coach RBs.

I think this is great news. I'm seriously ecstatic about it. I've never publicly said it but I wasn't enamored with Mike as a RB coach or as a recruiter. I recently alluded to it in another post that RB coach is the one position we should go out and get a dynamic recruiter; a Stan Drayton type.

Mike didn't strike me as a strong recruiter and there's always the elephant in the room about him shunning his hometown team for Michigan. That's a tuff sell in imho.

The RB's were less than spectacular and our best one is transferring.

This is a huge opportunity to really go out and get an ace recruiter who can coach RBs.
Makes me wonder what effect, if any, this will have on SSIII.

I really hope we can get a good recruiter that sticks around for a few years. Best of luck Mr. Hart.

You should come to Syracuse! It's awesome here!

Why didn't you?

Um...

Not attacking Mike but just because he was a great running back doesn't make him a great coach or recruiter. Sucks losing a local guy but it's a good opportunity for the staff.

I heard he left to make more money and it's a considerable pay hike. Also heard the offensive style and Indiana is more in tune with what he is comfortable with.

I heard he left to make more money and it's a considerable pay hike. Also heard the offensive style and Indiana is more in tune with what he is comfortable with.
That doesn't make a lot of sense. The assistant coach salaries tend to fall in line with the salary of the HC.

Babers makes 2.5 million. Allen, the new IU coach, makes around 2.

I agree that the offensive style at IU (dull) is right up Hart's alley. And he gets to coach with old UM cronies.

The right fit – Tom Allen embraces IU football challenge - Indiana University - News-Sentinel.com

That doesn't make a lot of sense. The assistant coach salaries tend to fall in line with the salary of the HC.

I agree that the offensive style at IU (dull) is right up Hart's alley. And he gets to coach with old UM cronies.

The right fit – Tom Allen embraces IU football challenge - Indiana University - News-Sentinel.com

I would love to get Sterlin Gilbert to come to Syracuse as a new OC and move Lynch back to RB. Gilbert was Baber's OC for his first 3 years as HC. I wonder how happy he is as an OC at USF.

Either that or bring in a top notch RB coach with ties to recruiting the NE and a reputation as a great recruiter.

Sometimes, its just a matter of guys wanting to coach with people they know and schemes they know. He could be setting himself up for a future gig. He is a up in coming recruiter but he is not a big loss. Just have to find another recruiter. From a coaching standpoint, the RB position is the easiest to coach. Not alot to it.
I can attest, last year was my 1st season as a RB Coach, by far the least stressful from a responsibility standpoint at any point in my coaching career.

I would love to get Sterlin Gilbert to come to Syracuse as a new OC and move Lynch back to RB. Gilbert was Baber's OC for his first 3 years as HC. I wonder how happy he is as an OC at USF.

Either that or bring in a top notch RB coach with ties to recruiting the NE and a reputation as a great recruiter.
\

Don't think Lynch would take too kindly to being demoted for no reason. He was great as the OC last year.

Maybe Gilbert will coach RB's. :)

I'd lean towards a RB coach with deep ties to Florida or the Mid-Atlantic. I could care less about the northeast. I'd like to see us pull in a proven southern recruiter.

To me, RB coach should be a lock down recruiter, I have no idea why Mike Hart left and wish him the best but I didn't think he was one of our best recruiter.

I doubt the money issue, I am sure he probably got a pay hike as many do when they change jobs but is IU really going to offer a RB coach with 1 year BCS level coaching some huge pay hike, to me it seems like a mutual deal. Also lets face it, Dino seems to have his guys and they seem to be a tight group, Hart was a new hire and now left for a job to coach with his guys, makes sense

I don't really get caught up in position coach changes either, they come and they go

Maybe we can hire the Dad of some 5 star.
How about Tyrone Wheatley? :):):). Oh wait, he got hired by the Jags. No longer at Michigan. Well, maybe his son would want to come back to CNY.

Blame Hart leaving on Laray Smith! Laray eventually transferred from IU to Delaware State. If Smith had originally gone to SU instead of Indiana, Hart might still be here. Smith according to many (got a few inside sources) was the reason that Wilson, Indiana's head coach lost his job. Alleged player mistreatment leading to his "resignation". Since than Wilson hired by Ohio State as OC where Urban doesn't mind mistreating his "employees" if it produces the desired results. . New IU coach Allen hired former Michigan OC DeBord who in turn hired Sheridan as QB coach and now joining the growing Michigan gang is Mike Hart. There you go! Karma is a bitch.

\

Don't think Lynch would take too kindly to being demoted for no reason. He was great as the OC last year.

Maybe Gilbert will coach RB's. :)

I'd lean towards a RB coach with deep ties to Florida or the Mid-Atlantic. I could care less about the northeast. I'd like to see us pull in a proven southern recruiter.
Lynch was co-OC with Lewis.

But the timing doesn't exactly suggest that it's Babers' decision either. If Dino wanted him gone, why not let him go earlier? Identify someone at the coaches' conference and give Hart a chance to interview there too.

But the timing doesn't exactly suggest that it's Babers' decision either. If Dino wanted him gone, why not let him go earlier? Identify someone at the coaches' conference and give Hart a chance to interview there too.
At the recruiting briefing, Hart spent much of the cocktail hour on his own. The other coaches were all close to each other, the defensive guys together and the offensive guys together. He didn't look like he was fitting in with the other coaches. The other offensive coaches are all from the 'Baylor Cult'.

Maybe Mike just wanted to be part of a staff where he was close to and had a shared background with some of the other coaches. From a career perspective, taking a pay cut and leaving the hottest scheme in college football for one of the most conservative schemes doesn't make sense but in other ways, maybe it did.

I suspect both sides didn't think it was working out great, they had a meeting after LOI Day and decided to part ways. I don't have any proof and I could be completely wrong but 2016 was the first year Dino had major problems running the ball and it didn't improve at all as the season progressed. The RBs looked really indecisive and confused and the results on the field reflected that.

I wish Mike the best at Indiana. I bet he does well there.

I know so that makes it even less likely.
Agree but Gilbert has a lot of experience in Texas and would be a big help getting into that state, which it appears we are trying to do right now...

And he is a lot more experienced OC. IMHO, the real problems are with Lynch, they are with finding the money to make this happen and convincing Gilbert to come this far north.

I suspect he will not last long at USF, and will return to a Texas school soon. Probably under Montgomery...

find a hot florida HS coach an hope that helps with recruiting down there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom