Mike Hopkins and UW | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins and UW

"Seattle - meh. Syracuse in April."

Syracuse- Average high temp 60 degrees Average low temp 46 degrees

Seattle - Average high temp 54 degrees Average low temp 44 degrees

Has anyone suggested that he did this to spite JB who he knows wants to keep coaching?

Did he even ask JB if he was interested before calling Larry Brown?
There's speculation that Boeheim arranged this.
(Near the bottom)

Has anyone suggested that he did this to spite JB who he knows wants to keep coaching?

Did he even ask JB if he was interested before calling Larry Brown?
You really think Boeheim wants to move out of Syracuse and across the country at almost 80 to be an assistant?!!??

Cmon. He just bought a house on the lake, he’s not trying to move to the west coast.

You really think Boeheim wants to move out of Syracuse and across the country at almost 80 to be an assistant?!!??

Cmon. He just bought a house on the lake, he’s not trying to move to the west coast.
With technology he can coach using zoom.

so is larry brown going to be hop's assistant?
No confirmation and their website doesn’t mention him and has Will Conroy still as their associate head coach.

Love Hop and everything about him. But the current staff seems to be doing fine recruiting abc I think this ship has sailed.
Yep, Hopkins chance of being coach of SU basketball is over unless Red flames out in the next few years (which isn't going to happen).

couple of good seasons with a team he inherited and since then. well...not so hot.
rubber has met the road. he has been measured and judged. got 2 more contract years ? best start winning.

Unbelievable.

Can't believe that the PAC10, 12, or whatever is going to dissolve.

Doesn't seem right, and I have no connection whatsoever to that conference.
Yeah. The regional conferences made college sports more fun. I wish there was a national governing body and national broadcast rights that split all the money evenly so that there was no reason for all the stupidness. Tony Kornheiser said he thinks it's all great, but I completely discount the opnion of someone with no ties to a major college town that is clearly bent toward pro sports.

The next few weeks may make all the chaos of the last decade look like a warm-up. What do you do now if you are Stanford, ASU, Utah, etc...?

Unbelievable.

Can't believe that the PAC10, 12, or whatever is going to dissolve.

Doesn't seem right, and I have no connection whatsoever to that conference.
Growing up in southern California, I used to love Pac 10 basketball (2nd favorite conference behind big east basketball back in the day). Didn't root for a specific team, just enjoyed the conference as a whole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom