Mike Schmidt hired by Mississippi State | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Schmidt hired by Mississippi State

See, I think this is clearly a situation where Zach Arnett called a friend and asked him if he wants to coach an OL in the SEC. My 'theory' is that us having a replacement lined up is because Arnett's phone call took place weeks ago after he was named head coach and between Arnett, Schmidt and Long/Babers all being friends they made some gentlemen's agreements. None of this was leaked and was made public the day after portal closed. Those things don't happen by accident.
I agree with this 100%

See, I think this is clearly a situation where Zach Arnett called a friend and asked him if he wants to coach an OL in the SEC. My 'theory' is that us having a replacement lined up is because Arnett's phone call took place weeks ago after he was named head coach and between Arnett, Schmidt and Long/Babers all being friends they made some gentlemen's agreements. None of this was leaked and was made public the day after portal closed. Those things don't happen by accident.

Yeah, put me on this train too. Seems odd that Dino would say you should look elsewhere, I'm not satisfied with your performance, and Schmidt's first thought was I guess I'll just have to go to the SEC and make way more money.

Zach Arnett - the gift that keeps on giving :confused:

Untitled_design_kufn5q_300x300.jpg

Whatever. How will we replace the leader of a perpetually underperforming unit?

Whatever. How will we replace the leader of a perpetually underperforming unit?

yeah if I could have picked one coach to be replaced it would be Schmidt, obviously didn't want to lose 4-5 of them but it happens. Lost 3 to probably better offers too

I would bet on this being the case. And quite frankly, this is what coaches who respect/like each other do. Both sides took care of each other and the favor will be paid down the road in the fraternity.

I wonder if Arnett will grab Rocky as well.
Nah, they have their guy. However, knowing the luck of this program, he will pick up a HC job in February and MSU will suddenly need a DC.

The SEC doesn't think so.
I think Schmidt leaving has more to do with his relationship with Arnett that anything else. That’s how a lot of the position coach moves work.

Schm
Everything is fine nothing to see here. I am sure this is part of the deal with Rocky he is going to be bring his own people over
schmidt was Rocky’s guy at San Diego st.

Coaches don't play, players do. The coach isn't out on the field with a leash holding the line from moving early and the QB coach isn't the one barking out the signals......whoof. Coaches don't run routes or take handoffs. They work with the physical and mental talent that they have. You can blame them for poor recruiting but I am sure that if other staffs had this bunch of players the same would be happening. We got what we got.

I wonder if Arnett will grab Rocky as well.
No, he announced their new DC a week or two after Rocky was announced,