Mike Schmidt hired by Mississippi State | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Schmidt hired by Mississippi State

I like Dino but am beginning to think that everyone is jumping ship for the same reason, though I don’t know what the reason is. Something other than money, like they think he will be fired or something.
Ya think? Lol. I'll be very surpised if he's back after next year.

Coaches don't play, players do. The coach isn't out on the field with a leash holding the line from moving early and the QB coach isn't the one barking out the signals...whoof. Coaches don't run routes or take handoffs. They work with the physical and mental talent that they have. You can blame them for poor recruiting but I am sure that if other staffs had this bunch of players the same would be happening. We got what we got.
Coaches teach technique and then hold players responsible when it isn’t applied. No one on the offensive line,outside of Bergeron, was so good that the penalties should have been allowed. And they were allowed because playing time wasn’t taken away. I for one and happy to see a change in coaching at this position.

Coaches teach technique and then hold players responsible when it isn’t applied. No one on the offensive line,outside of Bergeron, was so good that the penalties should have been allowed. And they were allowed because playing time wasn’t taken away. I for one and happy to see a change in coaching at this position.
Yes, but I think that's a Dino "thing." Because that consistently happens across the board.

FWIW, Football Scoop reported that Will Friend is still the OL coach at Miss St. Schmidt will coach tackles and TEs.

FWIW, Football Scoop reported that Will Friend is still the OL coach at Miss St. Schmidt will coach tackles and TEs.

Hmmm. Not sure that’s as good as an OL coach. Maybe it was a friend doing a favor?

Not a big loss here at all. Schmidt often looked unhappy on the sideline. I could see from seats in Section 304. Also I played CYO basketball.
"Also I played CYO basketball." is hilarious. I too played CYO and I barely made the tram when we only had 7 total players. So there.

What the hell?! Will these teams leave our guys alone. This is BS! I understand a guy or two but they are pilfering our entire staff.
Is our assistant salary budget really that lousy?
Dinos in a weak position. Its easy to poach employees who are eager to leave.

Coaches don't play, players do. The coach isn't out on the field with a leash holding the line from moving early and the QB coach isn't the one barking out the signals...whoof. Coaches don't run routes or take handoffs. They work with the physical and mental talent that they have. You can blame them for poor recruiting but I am sure that if other staffs had this bunch of players the same would be happening. We got what we got.

By that reasoning coaching doesn’t matter at all so why does anyone care who’s on the sidelines?

By that reasoning coaching doesn’t matter at all so why does anyone care who’s on the sidelines?
Uh, it's called everything leading up to, and preparing for the game. Once the clock starts, it's predominantly up to the players. Coaching matters more in the aspects leading up to the event. Most games are won or lost long before game day.

How about a physics teacher teaching a class of smart kids the theory of relativity which they all get and then goes into a class of mentally challenged kids and teaches and they don't get. Onus is always on the players. Talent and quality of the players is not only physical but mental...

That always seems weird and disjointed when you have two guys coaching the OL.

If it works for them, fine, but having one guy in charge has got to lead to a higher probability of success.

How about a physics teacher teaching a class of smart kids the theory of relativity which they all get and then goes into a class of mentally challenged kids and teaches and they don't get. Onus is always on the players. Talent and quality of the players is not only physical but mental...

So instead the blame should be on the recruiting staff for bringing in players who can’t learn to not commit penalties?

Does anyone know where SU placed regarding offensive procedure penalties in the ACC and country?

This list doesn't break down offensive vs. defensive penalties. But we've led the country in most flags for the last 2 years.

7D2ADEC9-77D7-410F-9CF4-2BD8C6C795A2.jpeg

Dinos in a weak position. Its easy to poach employees who are eager to leave.
Pretty sure he was eager to leave because he was told he wasn’t going to have a job here next year. The new OL coach was already in town arranging dinner plans with the OL and QB for the weekend.

That’s a pretty good indication that this has been in the works for a while…and everyone kept quiet until all had a seat at someone’s table.

Pretty sure he was eager to leave because he was told he wasn’t going to have a job here next year. The new OL coach was already in town arranging dinner plans with the OL and QB for the weekend.

That’s a pretty good indication that this has been in the works for a while…and everyone kept quiet until all had a seat at someone’s table.

Sounds like Mrs. Beck had seen enough

The publicly available information tends to suggest that

If Schmidt was being let go color me shocked, especially because of all the turnover . There is no doubt Schmidt's OLine last season was a strength in a run heavy offense, and took a big time step back this season in a pass heavy offense. Considering we're keeping the same offense it makes some sense to go in a different direction. I'm still surprised by it but I get it.