Mike Sullivan- OL Coach | Syracusefan.com

Mike Sullivan- OL Coach

RoofBeam

2nd String
Sullivan was only recently hired by the Titans as an Assistant Offensive Line Coach. I would bet that given their history together at WMU Shafer and Sullivan at least talked about the opening at SU. Is being an assistant OL coach in the NFL better than being an OL coach in college with a group of guys whom you have enjoyed working with in the past? Does anyone know what kind of money an assistant OL coach in the NFL would make?

Sullivan was only recently hired by the Titans as an Assistant Offensive Line Coach. I would bet that given their history together at WMU Shafer and Sullivan at least talked about the opening at SU. Is being an assistant OL coach in the NFL better than being an OL coach in college with a group of guys whom you have enjoyed working with in the past? Does anyone know what kind of money an assistant OL coach in the NFL would make?

I'm pretty sure it's U.S. currency either cash or check.

Depends on whether you want to recruit or not.

Looked him up the other day. He turned down a chance to go to Illinois with Cubit last year for the Browns OL job. I would assume that if he said no to his old boss, he'd probably say no to Shafer. Hard to compete with the NFL. But in looking for him, I also checked up on Illinois' former OL coach, Joe Gilbert. He's with Indy now, but he really ticks all our boxes. Lots of experience, well-regarded, Upstate NYer, Hamilton grad, and claims his favorite place in the world is Watkins Glen/Seneca Lake. But that's neither here nor there. Adam appears to be our guy.

I can dig this hire. To me, a good coach can coach anyone and anywhere. I always think of Vince Lombardi when he coached the basketball team and knew nothing of hoops...and then they did pretty darn well.

The offensive line coach with the Dolphins Jim Turner will be out of work soon. After reading the WELLS REPORT on the Martin-Incognito thing it sounds like Jim Turner is a "hard nosed" type of guy! lol

But not a kicker unless he has completely healed. Jim Turner was a heck of a kicker back in his day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom