Mike Williams TRADED to Bills | Syracusefan.com

Mike Williams TRADED to Bills

Will be interesting to see the dynamic with him and Dougie. Also, hopefully being back around all his boys from Buffalo doesn't have a negative influence on him. Although his off the field drama really can't get much worse, right?

I'd have to think Mike Willams and DM talked about this move. If so, I love it.
I doubt they talked about it, its against the rules and is tampering. It's a 6th round pick. If it doesn't work out Williams will be gone ASAP!

Super. Now trade Stevie.
Why does this always come up every time Buffalo is rumored to trade/sign/draft a WR? Listen, dude is frustrating as all hell and I was ready to be done with him after the Atlanta game last year but if we can move him to the slot thats WAY better than a late round camp fodder pick we can get and his cap hit is pennies.

I doubt they talked about it, its against the rules and is tampering. It's a 6th round pick. If it doesn't work out Williams will be gone ASAP!
True, hes proven hes got the talent to be a #2 WR in the NFL and I think he knows this might be his last chance with all the off field stuff. Hoepfully it works out because he's a great fit and very good player.

Only worry is Williams is from Buffalo - could create some dynamics that you wouldn't necessarily want.

Talentwise, and needwise, this is a home-run type move. You get a 1st round talent for a 6th round pick. Give up nothing - and if he has any issues, get rid of him. Teams cut 6th rounders all the time.

Why does this always come up every time Buffalo is rumored to trade/sign/draft a WR? Listen, dude is frustrating as all hell and I was ready to be done with him after the Atlanta game last year but if we can move him to the slot thats WAY better than a late round camp fodder pick we can get and his cap hit is pennies.
He dropped that game winner at Pittsburg 4 years ago , he dropped that game winner at the jets 2 years ago , he dropped what would have been a first down against the pats last year opening game which would have almost killed the clock and he fumbled the ball in Toronto which cost the win and knocked them out of playoff contention.

I joked about this possibility a couple weeks ago. I think Marrone knows Mike's talent level and must believe he can harness it and avoid the off field drama.

A WR Unit of Mike Williams and Robert Woods on the outside with Stevie Johnson in the slot and Marquise Goodwin as the deep threat is pretty legit.

Buffalo lost Jairus Byrd but brought in an upgrade at WR, an upgrade at LB, an upgrade in LB depth, an upgrade at CB depth and an offensive lineman they seem to see something in. Aside from Chris Williams, this offseason has been very good imo.

Mike Williams, Brandon Spikes, Keith Rivers and Cory Graham outweighs the loss of Byrd.

Love this move, for a 6th round pick it basically costs the Bills nothing to get a first round talent (assuming he cleans up the off field issues). I am estatic about this move.

budweiser should do one of those "im coming home" commercials for mike williams. thatd be sweet.

Love this move, for a 6th round pick it basically costs the Bills nothing to get a first round talent (assuming he cleans up the off field issues). I am estatic about this move.
That's a big assumption considering he'll be back near his old crew.

If he doesn't make the most of this second chance, he is an idiot. And as JeremyCuse pointed out, a 6th round pick is a minor risk.

It cant get any worse then this past offseason can it? Either way it only costs you a 6th round pick and a 1.8 Million Salary cap hit this year. For once a great move by the Bills