MikeG? somethin up or what | Syracusefan.com

MikeG? somethin up or what

I didn't get to see the game tonight, but he definitely hasn't seemed to be the confident leader that I anticipated him to be. He seemed like the kind of guy that could sit on the bench to start the game and figure out was missing and go out there and provide it. Need more rebounding, he can mix it up and grab a few rebounds. Ball not moving productively, he can go in and facilitate a bit. Need some outside shooting, he can go out and hit some jumpers. I still think he is going to be an important part of this team moving forward, I hope he can shake his funk and realize how important he is.

He is not hitting shots (He is not alone in that)

I don't know what he was out for the opener, and frankly i don't care.

He has not been the same since missing that first game. Tonight at the end was just OFF no other way to descripbe that.
I couldn't watch cause espn 3 sucked as always. What did he do?

I think the whole Mike G handling the ball, being a PG experiment has to end. Maybe that is what is getting his game thrown off. He looks completely out of sync out there.

I couldn't watch cause espn 3 sucked as always. What did he do?

He was playing in junk time with the "new" walk-on White. He sorta went a little nuts, if you can imagine "icing" the walk-on out. This was fairly egregious, including a 2-on-none break where G ignored the walk-on when he could have set him up for a dunk (more likely layup) and instead dunked it himself. I think I detected a gasp from the crowd on that one. Then G just started jacking 3 pointers every time he touched the ball after that instead of passing to the walk-on for a shot. One of the three's was of NBA distance and totally off-balance, resulting in an airball. It was absolutely odd. It was behavior so counter to everything you see when a walk-on gets in the game that you have to wonder. Half of me thinks G is worried that JB was trying out White as a possible replacement for him! (This may or may not be outlandish since White was the only walk-on inserted into the game with all scholarship players)...

He was playing in junk time with the "new" walk-on White. He sorta went a little nuts, if you can imagine "icing" the walk-on out. This was fairly egregious, including a 2-on-none break where G ignored the walk-on when he could have set him up for a dunk (more likely layup) and instead dunked it himself. I think I detected a gasp from the crowd on that one. Then G just started jacking 3 pointers every time he touched the ball after that instead of passing to the walk-on for a shot. One of the three's was of NBA distance and totally off-balance, resulting in an airball. It was absolutely odd. It was behavior so counter to everything you see when a walk-on gets in the game that you have to wonder. Half of me thinks G is worried that JB was trying out White as a possible replacement for him! (This may or may not be outlandish since White was the only walk-on inserted into the game with all scholarship players)...

I'm curious if other than the numbers on the uniforms and time on the clock, how different G's keeping the 2 on 0 was from KJo2's in the last game in the opinion of those on here.

One wasn't suspended for a game this season...I drew a conclusion. I might be wrong but I'm a pretty good judge of folks.

I had no issue, with the 2 on none break.

Christian White as a replacement. Outlandish to say the least, He was not even a key contributor player at Monmouth.

One wasn't suspended for a game this season...I drew a conclusion. I might be wrong but I'm a pretty good judge of folks.

Except, your not there and in the Locker-room and around the Team Day in and Day out.

So you don't know. And calling him a cancer, was out of line.

I think the whole Mike G handling the ball, being a PG experiment has to end. Maybe that is what is getting his game thrown off. He looks completely out of sync out there.

I agree, play him at the 2 or 3. We will sink or swim with Kaleb Joseph.

Except, your not there and in the Locker-room and around the Team Day in and Day out.

Maybe...but it is my opinion based on observation. His actions tonight were not very team oriented...yes it was garbage time but regular rotation players normally don't act like that.

I'll retract the "cancer comment"...but lets see how this plays out.

Yeah, my reaction was stronger after the game, but maybe he just played a terribly game and wanted to take-over during walk-on time. Still kind of unusual for a rotation player, but I guess it's conceivable.

Either way, he's been fairly bad of late, and today he was downright awful. That's my biggest concern going forward. He didn't even look like he belonged on the court - and that's saying something with our team this year (and Holy Cross being the opposition).

Maybe...but it is my opinion based on observation. His actions tonight were not very team oriented...yes it was garbage time but regular rotation players normally don't act like that.

I'll retract the "cancer comment"...but lets see how this plays out.

Garbage time is exactly the time when true player personality reveals itself. Its like having alot of money..it doesn't change you, it makes you more of what you already are.

Garbage time is exactly the time when true player personality reveals itself. Its like having alot of money..it doesn't change you, it makes you more of what you already are.

Hopefully just an aberration...oh to have one season without drama. :rolleyes:

What is out of line is that you feel the need to engage the individual vs simply disagreeing with their comment. No need for that. I agree with TM and having seen this kind of crap before when we had a cancer in the locker room. It shows up on the court as well.

What is out of line is that you feel the need to engage the individual vs simply disagreeing with their comment. No need for that. I agree with TM and having seen this kind of crap before when we had a cancer in the locker room. It shows up on the court as well.

It's so out of line. For you to call a "Cancer".

It's so out of line. For you to call a "Cancer".
So a player hoisting 3's at the end like that seems like a normal occurrence to you?? Might not be a cancer, but that was strange... Well except to you...all sunny and normal.

You don't know the player, you are not around the team day in and day out.

That does not equate to being out of line. It is an observation based upon previous occurrence. So while you have a different opinion which you are entitled to the statement is not out of line. You need to drop the personal nature of your disagreements. That approach is what is out of line. Cool it.

I'm curious if other than the numbers on the uniforms and time on the clock, how different G's keeping the 2 on 0 was from KJo2's in the last game in the opinion of those on here.
Very different. Tonight was weird.

Agree with those who think something is "off". But I'm not sure it is isolated to G, but he was the most obvious one tonight.

We are 6 games into the season and I'm not sure this team wants to even play with one another. Could be inexperience I suppose.

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom