MikeG? somethin up or what | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

MikeG? somethin up or what

I'm just seeing this post but couldn't agree more. He has seemed to have an attitude all year and the opposite of a team player. I started noticing it at MSG and then forgot about it until this past game. The end of the game was just bizarre. When walk ons get on the court, players generally love getting them the ball. Everyone wants to see them score, but it looked as if he was doing everything in his power to keep the ball away from white. Just guesses and i really have no idea but I wonder if G was suspended in the beginning of the year for something team related because it currently looks like he is an outsider that isn't "in" with the team.

Sorry if I'm reviving a dead post here but I want to say a few things about this situation.

1) No problem at all with the dunk
2) Him jacking up threes was very odd to me, I think tacos may very well be the answer I hadn't thought of that, but still felt odd.

One thing that has struck me from watching every game so far this year has been what seems to me to be some friction between Kaleb Joseph and Silent G and also Rak from time to time. Before everyone shouts me down let me list my reasons while acknowledging that I am totally speculating and could be/probably am wrong.

During the 2k classic specifically I noticed several thing that lead me to believe there is at least some animosity toward KJ
There were a few miscommunication issues on passes between KJ and Silent G. I felt at the time - before the garbage time/Silent G incident(s) - that Silent G was sort of carrying on too much or that he was a little too animated and it felt a little to me like he was showing KJ up. It wasn't serious enough for me to even think about making a post at the time but in light of the garbage time incident I think it has become relevant.
I also noticed at a certain point after a foul, I believe Rak committed it, during a huddle in the free throw area like they do, I noticed KJ was being vocal in the huddle, standard stuff like "ok guys, lets go, no more fouls" type stuff. I noticed Rak rolling his eye as he broke the huddle and muttering to himself. Could very well have been because he didn't agree with the call - but, maybe because of the KJ/Silent G thing earlier - I felt at the time that he was rolling his eyes at KJ like saying "ok Freshman thanks for the pep talk".

None of these thing in and of themselves suggest a problem with the team or players and to be clear I don't think there isa problem - just a young team not playing great trying to figure things out. I just think its funny that while watching the 2k I felt this way, then proceeded to forget about it and now after the garbage time incident it was the first thing I remembered.

Feel free to call me an idiot

KJ seems like the kind of "in-ur-face", vocal, "take charge" PG that is the opposite of the subdued vibe that Ennis had. I don't remember ever seeing Tyler barking at his teammates, encouraging or otherwise.
Not saying there's anything wrong w/ it, but maybe the changes in PG personalities is a little grating for some guys.

I think G wants to be at the 1 or 2 spot as that is where his pro aspirations would need him to be. He seems to get frustrated when JB asks him to play the 3 imho.

Maybe looking to much into it, but after a great hustle play by G on the turnover no one went over to help him up after he went out of bounds. It was like a total after thought, Same thing happened after a driving bucket where he went to the ground. Coooney falls and people are immediately there to assist him up.

Mike, for the most part, played a really good game last night and was fully engaged and assertive.
Enough with the "cancer" talk

sometimes emotional disruption can lead to good things. like the album rumors. ain't that right lindsey buckingham ?

tumblr_kyf5tjGwza1qahwjh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom