Mike's Mailbox: Who are the greatest leapers in Syracuse basketball history? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Mike's Mailbox: Who are the greatest leapers in Syracuse basketball history?

wish we could have seen more of mike jones. kid had some hops and was a great dunker in his brief time.

mike jones was (imo) most exciting finisher on the break since stevie t . got hurt and transfered.

mike jones was (imo) most exciting finisher on the break since stevie t . got hurt and transfered.
The Mike Jones who played 68 minutes in 11 games and scored a total of 21 points on .333 shooting?

OttoMets I hear you. I wouldn’t use a guy’s vertical as THE measurement though to determine a great leaper. IMO what made Hakim so special as a leaper is that he could literally take off from anywhere, even flat footed, and do stuff like this:

That’s from the box! Who else have we had that could do something like that. Perhaps he’s not the best leaper from a metric, physical standpoint, but I’ll argue all day he’s the best leaper we’ve ever had, if not certainly the best dunker.
That never gets old. 14 years later and I just watched that 3 times in a row with a smile on my face. That guy was amazing.