Minnesota… | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota…

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
So what are we looking at with this years Gophers?

Their fans would have you think they’re the Packers, but whats the real scoop?

Something something row the boat
I believe they had a really good RB and their QB has been their for a ton of years

They’re going to run the ball a million times

this is a weird one for me. my son is a soph at minnesota and he's a volunteer intern with the football team, working with the special teams. Ive been out there to several games and watched them now for 2 years. they have a very good running back who has been carrying the ball a ton (mo Ibraham). their veteran QB hasnt played the last several weeks and prob wont play in this game , a Rfr kaliakmanis has played last 4 games and is getting better and better he can run and has a strong arm. They are good defensively as well.

They’re going to run the ball a million times
This is my thought too as Mohamed Ibrahim ran for almost 1,600 yards this year. Average is about like Tucker per attempt.

Gophers fan coming in peace. As I said in the "Minnesota fans" thread, I'll post this here and then go away unless anyone has questions. Congrats on your season, and I look forward to what I think will be a good game. Here's a few very random tidbits about my favorite team if anyone is interested.
  1. For the 3rd time in 4 years, Minnesota missed out on winning the B1G West by one horrible loss that many fans think should've been a win -- this year against PU on homecoming. Miserable game played without our #1 WR and #1 RB. K missed a 27 yard FG and a WR with the dropsies let one bounce off his chest in the endzone when the game was tied, and it was then picked by PU. They scored a late TD after a breakaway run to make it 10.
  2. For the second year in a row, MN has a top 10 defense in the country by most metrics. The secondary is really good and includes a sure fire NFL safety and a CB who was freshman All-American last year. Not much of a pass rush, but it came on a bit at the end of the year. Didn't play many dynamic offenses this year, but I do believe they're really good. Only two teams scored more than 20 on them this year.
  3. Offense was super inconsistent and mostly unimpressive. As somebody already mentioned, for most of the year MN ran it more than anyone except the service academies. Lots of reasons for that, but #1 is MN has one of the top 5 backs in the country in Mo Ibrahim and #2 is PJ Fleck loves to play what we call "Tressel ball": totally risk averse, take no chances on O or STs, possess the ball as long as possible, keep doing something if it's working. Our 6th year QB suffered 2 concussions and was replaced midway through the season by a RSFrosh who's much more physically gifted, but obviously way less experienced. He had great showings against Nebraska and Wisconsin...and especially in that last game the offense opened up a TON. It'll be interesting to see what approach they use against Syracuse.
  4. I promise Gophers fans aren't delusional, lol. We know we're not OSU, but Fleck has the program in a good place and expectations have been raised to the point that 8-4 was VERY disappointing both this year and last year. I agree the resume wasn't super impressive this year when you look behind the curtain, but I still believe MN is a really good team. Fleck is 3-0 in bowl games at MN, including a pretty impressive win against Auburn in 2019 a few weeks after they beat Alabama, so I do expect him to do everything he can to win this game -- including trying to convince players to participate who might othewise opt out.
I look forward to learning more about Syracuse and watching our teams play one more time this season. CFB always goes by WAY too fast for me!

So what are we looking at with this years Gophers?

Their fans would have you think they’re the Packers, but whats the real scoop?
Lol the Packers thing literally almost made me spit out my non alcoholic beer.. it’s getting crazy over here.

Appreciate the efforts of Indy Gopher but Minnesota is basically Pittsburgh. That’s the way I see it. Pittsburgh is slightly better than them though.

Oh man...I finally had time to go through their Pinstripe thread over there...and wow.

I feel like I totally rock the Orange colored glasses, but in a realistic way...like by no means do I think that we garner a lot of respect from other fan bases...and I understand why. I also live in BIGX country and have to deal with that nonsense.

But wow...I literally just read some guy saying that he wont ever go and visit his daughter in NYC...and that no one cares about Syracuse. I dont disagree that people dont care about us...not one bit. But does that individual think that people actually care about Minny? What have they ever done? Weird fan base.

Super funny to read them continue to NOT understand that the Pinstripe is better than the Dukes Mayo bowl...even when some on their own site have pointed it out. Yowzers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom