Minnesota game travelers... | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota game travelers...

RF2044

Living Legend
...first of all, welcome to the Twin Cities in advance! Looking forward to being able to watch Syracuse trounce the Gophers in person.

For those of you who are coming into town, what are people planning for pre-game festivities? The weather forecast isn't particularly good--looks like it will be in the low 50s / high 40s before and during the game.

Given the [relative] cold weather, I'm wondering if people are interested in a tailgait versus hitting any of the bars in relative proximity to the stadium. Let me know what you're thinking, and I'll formulate a gameplan for an impromptu syracusefan.com pre-game get together.

LGO!

For the record, there is a Buffalo Wild Wings right across the street from the stadium.

One thing Syracuse CAN'T beat. Minnesota's defending National Champion...Dance Team. :)

Marci >>>>>>>>>>>> any Gopher ever

One thing Syracuse CAN'T beat. Minnesota's defending National Champion...Dance Team. :)

Lol. Min-a-SOOOO-Ta. It's like the same accent as in the movie, Fargo. All kidding aside, the MinnieApple is a great city. I lived there for a short time but couldnt handle the cold...so I moved to tropical Chicago.

Edit: A useless piece of trivia -

What famous author born in St. Paul also lived in Syracuse for a short time as a child?
Answer: F. Scott Fitzgerald

Also, for those who will be at the game, bring your beer money. Minnesota just started selling beer inside the stadium for the first time this season. But be prepared, as beers are something like $7.25 each at the tents on the scoreboard end of the stadium.

I going to the game with a friend of mine who is active in the Denver Chapter of the alumni association. He emailed me that the Minnesota Chapter is having an event at Loring Pasta Bar. Anyone been to one of the events? It is $35. Anyone been to one of these tailgates or to the Loring Pasta Bar? Otherwise, we had planned on finding a good sports bar to watch the earlier games.

I going to the game with a friend of mine who is active in the Denver Chapter of the alumni association. He emailed me that the Minnesota Chapter is having an event at Loring Pasta Bar. Anyone been to one of the events? It is $35. Anyone been to one of these tailgates or to the Loring Pasta Bar? Otherwise, we had planned on finding a good sports bar to watch the earlier games.

Loring Pasta Bar is cool, but that's quite a hike from the stadium [I'd guess easily a mile].

Edit: A useless piece of trivia -

What famous author born in St. Paul also lived in Syracuse for a short time as a child?
Answer: F. Scott Fitzgerald

"F" was a great guy.

They have a lot of...um...synchronicity.

You're right, TexanMark. That video was put together by the amateurs in the ticket office, and I kind of thought the same thing about the final 10 seconds...like Atari 2600ish.

Here's Minnesota's Official Intro Video that plays right before they run onto the field for the Anthem.

So what is the plan?

A buddy and I have been at Blarney Pub & Grill in Dinkytown (yeah, I had to get used to saying it) for the past few hours after touring the campus and stadium. It's about 3/4 mile from the stadium. Big place, good suds, lots of TVs. Could be a good place to set up shop? That Buffalo Wild Wings obviously is ideally located next to the stadium but does it get mobbed early?

To be honest, the Buffalo Wild Wings usually seems like it has plenty of space for people. Now, keep in mind that this is Minnesota's first and only night game this year. When I walk by BWW a couple hours before the game, it's usually pretty empty, but thr Gophers' first two home games have been at 11:00 a.m. So tomorrow afternoon's crowd at BWW will probably be much different than it has been for morning games. It's definitely the best located bar/restaurant with lots of TVs to watch afternoon games. Other places within reasonable walking distance are Sally's and the bar at the Radisson. Or there's The Library, which is in Dinkytown, too. Have a fun day tomorrow!

Oh, by the way, what'd you think of the stadium? I'm guessing you were only able to have a look from outside the gates, but curious what you think...

So what is the plan?

A buddy and I have been at Blarney Pub & Grill in Dinkytown (yeah, I had to get used to saying it) for the past few hours after touring the campus and stadium. It's about 3/4 mile from the stadium. Big place, good suds, lots of TVs. Could be a good place to set up shop? That Buffalo Wild Wings obviously is ideally located next to the stadium but does it get mobbed early?

Hey Otisco--my dad and I are anticipating that BWW is going to be mobbed, so we're going to try Stub and Herbs, which is about 1 block away from the stadium:
http://www.stubandherbsbar.com/Stubs/Welcome.html

We should be there around 4, decked out in SU gear--if you [or any other posters] are in town, swing by and try to find us!

Let's Go Orange!!!

I'd at least walk by BWW first. Probably better scenery there, if you know what I mean. And, if you get there early enough today to stake out a table and set up shop, you'd be fine. Just make sure you don't overdo it at wherever you go before the game and then fail to make it to the game tonight...lol.

I'd at least walk by BWW first. Probably better scenery there, if you know what I mean. And, if you get there early enough today to stake out a table and set up shop, you'd be fine. Just make sure you don't overdo it at wherever you go before the game and then fail to make it to the game tonight...lol.

I won't be at the game, but can I say that you've been one of the better visitors to this board. Well done. Hopefully an SU fan buys you a beer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I won't be at the game, but can I say that you've been one of the better visitors to this board. Well done. Hopefully an SU fan buys you a beer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Couldn't agree with you more, Bees. This guy's been great.

for what its worth...i love Minnesota's new stadium. If Syracuse was ever to build an outdoor stadium i wouldn't mind a close replica with a few changes. Their locker rooms are amazing. Perfect amount of seats as well. Well done.

Thanks. I hate it when people come onto another school's site and talk smack before a game, so I avoid doing that. Plus, I'm superstitious as hell, and it seems like any time in the past where I might have written something that even came close to being considered smack, the team I'm writing about falls flat on its face. I expect a very competitive game tonight, and it could go either way. I think Syracuse's 1-2 mark is very deceptive, so any Gopher fans thinking this is a mediocre team will be in for a long night.

Hope everyone's able to find a place to watch the game tonight. Again, no matter where you are, you can enter your zip and cable or satellite provider at the following link and it'll tell you what channel it might be on: http://btn.com/about/btn-gamefinder

Good luck today, Orange fans, and more than anything, have fun. It's a great stadium!

Agree, thanks Sid.

RF, we are making our way to Dinkytown now and will try to get to your bar.