Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe

Play it like Cincy and take it in stride while looking for the next great hire. Seven years is a long time for someone to be at the same school... I think Boeheim may have given a huge chunk of this fanbase an unrealistic perception of loyalty and longevity in college sports.

Not to be that guy but the fanbase should understand where the program is at this point.

The current $$ race puts the B10 with a major advantage over most ACC schools save for maybe Clemson or Miami. It's why the ACC will eventually break up, schools cant compete when other conferences are getting 30 mill+ more a year.

Secondly people are acting like Brent Venables just bolted. I know people liked the whole Swag Daddy schtick but Monroe was vastly overrated by the board. People were acting like he was a recruiter on the level of Ed Orgeron or something. He did a nice job with the secondary the last few years but we had good secondary's long before he got here.

Third, Dino is at best 50/50 to be here beyond this season, coaches are going to bolt for security its a fact of the profession.

Good for him, he wanted to be a DC and Syracuse hired a seasoned veteran with tons of success over him. Good things don’t come free.

Am I the only one that gets excited about this stuff, in a weird way? I'm excited to see who Dino hires to fill the vacancies. His hires the last few years have been fun and interesting. Rocky Long, Anae, Beck, White, Schmidt, excited to see where he goes from here.

Third, Dino is at best 50/50 to be here beyond this season, coaches are going to bolt for security its a fact of the profession.

I do think this point has a lot of merit. If we don't make a bowl next year I imagine Dino will be relieved of his duties and the assistants will be let go so it is better to ca$h in now than be left with so much uncertainty next off season.

OK. 1. Grob 2. not taking care of Monroe when you could have. If he still leaves, then at least you did what you could have. 3. Shaffer

Shafer being hired was far greater.

This guy was here for seven years. Coaches are nomads.

I think SU fans are generally spoiled by JB, the lax program, and even P and D and their long run here.

Clark Lea, Brian White, etc etc etc it's a miserable life, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom