Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe

In my over 60 years of being an SU football fan, this is the biggest mistake we ever made. He needed to be given a new title immediately and a big bump in salary. Maybe Rocky didn't want a co, but if he was willing, this is what we needed to do and then announce it immediately to the world. Schools would have been less likely to approach him then, although he had quite the job interview for this at the Pinstripe. But we could have locked him up better the week before the Pinstripe. Yes, I hope he doesn't take the SU best players with him, but we have 6 days to hold our breath, but we all know what is going to happen. He also sat there and watched another coach get promoted within. That is not a good feeling when it is your time. Don't say he wasn't ready because a bigger school in a bigger conference thought otherwise. Money isn't everything. Sometimes you have to take care of what you already have and make them feel valued. I'm thinking he didn't feel valued in how all of this went down...
Then you haven't been a much of a fan if this is the biggest mistake. The Greg Robinson hire was the biggest mistake of the 2000s and there are others that trump today.

Who can turn the world on with his smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you Swag, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have the town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all!

In my over 60 years of being an SU football fan, this is the biggest mistake we ever made. He needed to be given a new title immediately and a big bump in salary. Maybe Rocky didn't want a co, but if he was willing, this is what we needed to do and then announce it immediately to the world. Schools would have been less likely to approach him then, although he had quite the job interview for this at the Pinstripe. But we could have locked him up better the week before the Pinstripe. Yes, I hope he doesn't take the SU best players with him, but we have 6 days to hold our breath, but we all know what is going to happen. He also sat there and watched another coach get promoted within. That is not a good feeling when it is your time. Don't say he wasn't ready because a bigger school in a bigger conference thought otherwise. Money isn't everything. Sometimes you have to take care of what you already have and make them feel valued. I'm thinking he didn't feel valued in how all of this went down...
I'm not happy, but biggest mistake in 60 years seems just a bit over the top when thinking back to GRob, the lack of investment in the program in the 90s and 2000s.

I'm not happy, but biggest mistake in 60 years seems just a bit over the top when thinking back to GRob, the lack of investment in the program in the 90s and 2000s.
Buzz Shaw told the fans to get a life when they were concerned about the program. Telling people who put money into the program to buzz off (no pun intended) is much bigger than this. You can tie that to the lack of interest the program has had for two decades outside of an opponent that comes to town.

Writing must be on the wall for Dino’s departure in another year

watch half the team leave this guy was glue with him and White gone the players are ...

Writing must be on the wall for Dino’s departure in another year
What I'm thinking, these boys maybe aware that he wont be re-upped and are cashing in while their personal stock is highest?

OK. 1. Grob 2. not taking care of Monroe when you could have. If he still leaves, then at least you did what you could have. 3. Shaffer
Didn't mean to make you relieve that, but we've been through a lot even in the past 30 years, let alone 60 :)

What I'm thinking, these boys maybe aware that he wont be re-upped and are cashing in while their personal stock is highest?
Nonsense , with the pieces we had another winning season was at hand. Dino wasn’t going anywhere, I don’t know the biggest factor in Monroe’s decision but I’m confident that’s not it.

An assistant coach leaving possibly due to bad feelings about being passed over for a guy in his 70's......hmm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom