Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe

Monroe has been pretty damn loyal to Dino, at the end of the day he got an opportunity to move home, get paid more $ and also more stability. Nobody in their right mind would turn that down. At least I would not

up to Dino to go hire some new assistants and get us to a bowl game next year. Expectations are still the same.
Agreed ^^^. No one should be surprised by Monroes decision, programs have been looking at him a few years now per others on the board. In addition he gets Big 10 salary, goes home where he's from and gets a Co title, this is a no brainer and everyone on this board would have made the same decision if dealing with those facts. We may hear something different but I am guessing that there was little to nothing that could have been done to stop this. Part of the game. We are all just feeling it because of White, Carter and Duce. Take a breath, have a beer and let's see where things go.

Ouch. This offseason has been brutal to be a fan. I try not to get emotional about sports. But I'm emotional about sports. I have no faith that we'll be consistently decent.

Imagine being one of the players.

Also I'm not saying it happened but makes you wonder if he and Minnesota had talks before the bowl game...

Agreed ^^^. No one should be surprised by Monroes decision, programs have been looking at him a few years now per others on the board. In addition he gets Big 10 salary, goes home where he's from and gets a Co title, this is a no brainer and everyone on this board would have made the same decision if dealing with those facts. We may hear something different but I am guessing that there was little to nothing that could have been done to stop this. Part of the game. We are all just feeling it because of White, Carter and Duce. Take a breath, have a beer and let's see where things go.
Well I mean, White, Carter, Duce, Monroe...how many more do you need to be beyond just feeling it? :)

Anae I don't mind because I prefer Beck being promoted into that role anyway. We recovered Alford and Wilson, both have a lot of upside.

So it hasn't been all bad but players/personnel on the defensive side there have been some serious body blows. And I hope Monroe leaving doesn't lead to more.

The Prophecy. Monroe in Minnesota colors 42 years ago:
Monroe.jpg

Does this mean we still end up last in the ACC in recruiting?
I'm not a recruiting wonk but I don't understand the "rock star" comments about his recruiting. Being a rock star recruiter for our program is sort of like being the best soldier in F-Troop. Finding diamonds and coaching them up huge loss, recruiting svengali ...dont see it.

College football as we have known it over the past 20-30 years is dead. This isn't a suprise to anyone who has been watching. Either we get use to it or lose interest in it to some degree, depending on the individual. I use to love College football and the Syracuse season, now i just like it. Unfortunately im guessing things will continue to trend in this direction for many fans of schools who are not in the SEC or Big10. When you're playing on a drastically unlevel playing field its hard not to. Greed has, and will continue to kill this sport.

How did Thamel get the information? Find the snitch and publicly flog him/her.
His agent leaked it. That's how these stories get out. Sure that Monroe isn't happy that he didn't get to tell the team first.

We'll see what the end game is on this one...but if its the wrong decision, this is what will end up costing Dino his job, imo

I haven't read the whole thread so this may have been mentioned. Do we have any former players that are in the coaching pipeline?... or even New York state guys coming up through the ranks that may feel at home in Syracuse that have coaching talent? I sometimes feel like there is a disconnect between our alumni and the athletic department at the Cuse. Coaches from Hawaii, Cal, Minnesota, Utah ect... are not likely to stick around long. At least east coast guys with a familiarity with the recruiting turf would help.

College football as we have known it over the past 20-30 years is dead. This isn't a suprise to anyone who has been watching. Either we get use to it or lose interest in it to some degree, depending on the individual. I use to love College football and the Syracuse season, now i just like it. Unfortunately im guessing things will continue to trend in this direction for many fans of schools who are not in the SEC or Big10. When you're playing on a drastically unlevel playing field it’s hard not to. Greed has, and will continue to kill this sport.
Well said and on the money!

Not a good sign...
It’s a good lesson. Do your job well and you will have opportunities. Good bosses and organizations encourage people working to advance.

People need to grow up, players and fans.

It’s a profession, it’s a career. Part of having a career is changing organizations to get promotions and raises.

these guys have one and two year contracts, nobody is going to put loyalty ahead of performance if the performance isn’t quality.

It’s SU’s job to replace him with as good if not better. I would hope Dino has a list of names.

I get the being upset losing him but lets face facts here, anyone offered similar job at bigten or sec has to take it at this point just looking at the money. Let's also not go crazy about his recruiting... the players liked him and was our best recruiter but we still were near the bottom in acc recruiting so i think we will be ok

His agent leaked it. That's how these stories get out. Sure that Monroe isn't happy that he didn't get to tell the team first.
Why would Monroe’s agent leak it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom