Minnesota / Post-season thoughts | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota / Post-season thoughts

2 false starts today? Better than our season average. Hopefully that is Becks influence.
The penalty on the first drive was an absolute killer.

I'm actually pretty hopeful we can once again win at least 7 regular season games next year.

Sadly until Dino can be better at recruiting 8 wins is about our ceiling.

Last edited:
The offensive line has been bad for seven years! What makes you think anyone they have recruited or will transfer or has transferred in will be any good?
I think they did okay yesterday.

IMHO they should be average or slightly above P5 average next year.

I think they did okay yesterday.

IMHO they should be average or slightly above P5 average next year.
The O-Line was decent and caused few penalties compared to the season.

Another thing to factor in when debating O-Line performance is that GS has garnered full-time "spies" since mid-season. GS will no longer surprise teams with his runs. While the line may be doing its job in pass blocking, when GS decides to run, the O-Line cannot be blamed for the consequences.

It just seemed a lot to that one side

I get that but I also think it was a case of…… if you can’t stop it, keep running it. Kind of like ND running the same play, almost, over and over throughout the game.

I'm not blaming the field for the loss. I'm simply pointing out it looked like . For a supposed "World Class Organization "with a full time grounds-crew, you'd expect better

If there was any bowl game that you would expect to have pristine field conditions, it would be the Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl. Alas, that is not the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

It was truly a travesty, Every other bowl game I've watched has had a fast track in great conditions. Don't the Yankees own tarps or something, doesn't that field have a state of the art drainage system, real poor show.

There are times I'd like to see Shrader step into the pocket instead of his circle around and try to out run a DL guy but I do get it that by stepping in you're completely trusting the OL has your back and that's been tough of late.

He did do a better job of throwing the ball over scrimmage instead of taking a sack vs Minny, a bit of growth.

And yeah, a bit of hero ball at times and was hoping he's dump the pass to Vallari but he ran it in instead, which obviously worked. He has a lot more to work on but definitely shown improvement from last year. I don't know why he throws such a good sinkerball because I don't know the fundamentals of QB throws but there seems to be something funky at times and hopefully cleaned up for next season.
Excuses for Garrett Shrader…..Didn’t know he had shoulder surgery in high school.

AIR IT OUT

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree with all the wr screens we ran to right side but I also think they saw something on tape that they wanted to attack.
They had a lot of success on short passes to the right side but many were not screens. I think that may have lead GS to be too confident on that pick 6.

Excited to see the OL additions in the spring game. Still think we pick up at least one more OL out of the portal.

I'm still waiting for the report from the Audi Club. How was the spread ? What kind of scotch were they serving ? Did Aaron Judge show ? Was anyone ejected ?

Salmon, meatballs, pasta, salad, prime rib, baseball food, big dessert spread. Open bar (wish it was 12 years ago but alas...)

Special guests included Justin Pugh who is a true gentleman and Donnie Mac 1.0.

Incredibly nice group of people.

477 yards to 213. We lose. I don’t know what to say. Minnesota is not an impressive team. Disappointing.
What Buffalo pulled off in game 1 against Miami.

Salmon, meatballs, pasta, salad, prime rib, baseball food, big dessert spread. Open bar (wish it was 12 years ago but alas...)

Special guests included Justin Pugh who is a true gentleman and Donnie Mac 1.0.

Incredibly nice group of people.

Baseball food? They served hot dogs?

I was there with several friends (including some fellow SU grads and posters).

Great weather. Ideal, honestly. Had seats in 224. We had some drinks and food at a bar pregame and then walked over, about 30min. Security appeared extremely low getting in.

I went to the 2012 game but didn’t remember much. This field was brutal. Sure that has been stated a bunch already.

Early on, the punt decisions sucked. So weak.

Great day from Allen. Cooper made some tough catches. Alford too, but had a chance for another as well.

The pick 6 was about as brutal as it gets. Just can’t happen. Great effort scoring with his legs but the clear strength from GS is still the ability to run and it has to be used a lot.

Defense played well overall. Really seemed to contain their offense. The TD pass was a perfect toss. Didn’t allow many big plays. Just a few key errors across the board, honestly by veteran players (or at least ones that have certainly played before).

Ending on the penalty sucked but was classic. Still not sure exactly what happened there. Wish we had one last shot, despite a really small one.

Baseball food? They served hot dogs?

If you wanted a hot dog or hamburger it was a separate station (that I did not partake in). Didn't see what else was there. After my son ate all that steak and pasta he had a few burgers and couldn't eat grandma's dinner that night.

I don't think Shrader's ankle is near 100% as he look tentative about running. I think that impaired his ability to throw out passes as the footwork required on such a spongy field wasn't there for him, The mushy turf probably did help the o-line, hard to get traction to get push on that surface.

I don't think Shrader's ankle is near 100% as he look tentative about running. I think that impaired his ability to throw out passes as the footwork required on such a spongy field wasn't there for him, The mushy turf probably did help the o-line, hard to get traction to get push on that surface.

A bunch of us commented the same thing, couldn't tell if it was a bad wheel (still) or the thick baseball grass.

A bunch of us commented the same thing, couldn't tell if it was a bad wheel (still) or the thick baseball grass.
He gave it his all, the whole team did. Very good game plan, very good coaching a lot of new guys up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom