Minnesota the Great | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota the Great

"Son?" This condescending attitude is exactly what I'm talking about with your a-hole fanbase that hasn't accomplished jacks--- in 50 years. Can't wait until you fall back upon "the state of hockey" reference to compensate for the FACT that you are largely irrelevant in every other major sport. Newsflash--dozens of fans care about college hockey. That's all.

But back to my main point: the gophers literally can't suck and fail enough for my tastes. Fortunately, I'm rarely disappointed. Best of all, I get to enjoy every aspect of your futility from close up, here in Minneapolis. Hope you enjoy playing second fiddle to Wisconsin in every meaningful sport. BTW, I loved all the rationalizations I heard two weeks ago from your delusional fanbase about how you were going to upset us in hoops. I similarly enjoy the arrogant indifference from your fanbase we're seeing leading up to this bowl game. I hope your players are equally as overconfident as gopher fans seem to be, because it is going to be fun to knock some sense into your frances mcdermott wannabee fanbase.

View attachment 6141

Screw-U-Mah.

BTW, the T-Wolves got their asses beat tonight by the Spurs. Way to go, Spurs!

Man...what the hell happened to you when you lived here?

[quote="tdorf84, post: 844532, member: 4089"you had an easier conference schedule.

Keep telling yourself that as florida state is running away with national title and clemson is walking past ohio state in the orange bowl.[/quote]

I think you played some other teams too.

"Son?" This condescending attitude is exactly what I'm talking about with your a-hole fanbase that hasn't accomplished jack--- in 50 years. Can't wait until you fall back upon "the state of hockey" reference to compensate for the FACT that you are largely irrelevant in every other major sport. Newsflash--dozens of fans care about college hockey. That's all.

But back to my main point: the gophers literally can't suck and fail enough for my tastes. Fortunately, I'm rarely disappointed. Best of all, I get to enjoy every aspect of your futility from close up, here in Minneapolis. Hope you enjoy playing second fiddle to Wisconsin in every meaningful sport. BTW, I loved all the rationalizations I heard two weeks ago from your delusional fanbase about how you were going to upset us in hoops. I similarly enjoy the dismissive arrogance from your fanbase we're seeing leading up to this bowl game. I hope your players are equally as overconfident as gopher fans seem to be, because it is going to be fun to knock some sense into your frances mcdermott wannabee fanbase.

View attachment 6141

Screw-U-Mah.

BTW, the T-Wolves got their asses beat tonight by the Spurs. Way to go, Spurs!
Dude. First 'C'mon son' is a fairly popular phrase and wasn't meant at al as an insult. 2nd you have way too much hate in your heart towards MN and it's kind of sad that you got so worked up over it. As much as I dislike Wisconsin I can't even muster up half of that amount of vitriol. Maybe you should take sports a little less seriously.

Anyways I initially came on here to provide some info on MN and have a cordial discussion During these uneventful weeks. There are some cool posters on here but I suppose I should've known better than to expect people to act like adults on the internet and quite honestly I don't have much interest in the lame arguing, accusing and trolling so I'm going to peace out

To be fair, there were several very horrific pass interference calls that went against MSU in that game.
If you want to add in bad calls, and woulda coulda shouldas, we could be 8-4 also.

Anyways I initially came on here to provide some info on MN and have a cordial discussion During these uneventful weeks. There are some cool posters on here but I suppose I should have known better than to expect people to act like adults on the internet and quite honestly I don't have much interest in the lame arguing, accusing and trolling so I'm going to peace out
So long. Sports has become like politics, a bloodsport on the field and off. What goes on in the parking lots of KC, Denver, Buffalo, SF, LA (add one), didn't happen years ago. The internet hasn't helped in that regard either. This . unfortunately, is the new reality.
That being said, I bet I speak for the majority of the posters, that we really feel no vitriol towards UM. They are like us, trying to catch lightning in a bottle and build upon it, so we can be mentioned, if even for a season or 2, with the Alabama's, FSU, Ohio St's etc.
(Disclaimer : my granddaughter's other grandfather works for UM)

Not sure why the Clemson and FSU fans that came here didn't talk half the that MINNESOTA fans are.

I think you played some other teams too.

Sure did. The other teams were B1G level with mixed results. It doesn't happen every year but ACC > B1G this year. Our top 2 opponents were better everything else looks similar. Neither team played the worst in conference being UVA and Purdue and you can point to whatever ranking fits your arguement but Iowa and Michigan aren't any better than BC or Ga Tech this year.

Anyways I initially came on here to provide some info on MN and have a cordial discussion During these uneventful weeks. There are some cool posters on here but I suppose I should've known better than to expect people to act like adults on the internet and quite honestly I don't have much interest in the lame arguing, accusing and trolling so I'm going to peace out

You did well to shed light on your team and your fan base thought process. Shame you were met with trolling and that some UM trolls followed you over which escalated the process. FWIW, our board does have an ignore function which I recommend if you want to avoid the juvinile comments. Apologies if I end up on it but there are some here that appreciate your input.

Not sure why the Clemson and FSU fans that came here didn't talk half the that MINNESOTA fans are.

Class institutions from a class conference. This is exactly what we should have expected from the dregs, and they are the dregs in spite of their dance team dynasty, of the s***hole that is the Big 10. Their attitude is why the rest of the country has no respect for that conference.

Minnesota is so irrelevant in sports that I had literally no opinion of them before this game. Even though we played them a couple times, they might as well have never existed. They are, by far, the worst fan base to ever troll this board and I can't wait to see Syracuse kick their a**** back to that wasteland they call a state.

Dude. First 'C'mon son' is a fairly popular phrase and wasn't meant at al as an insult. 2nd you have way too much hate in your heart towards MN and it's kind of sad that you got so worked up over it. As much as I dislike Wisconsin I can't even muster up half of that amount of vitriol. Maybe you should take sports a little less seriously.

Spare me the armchair psychology. Maybe if your fanbase wasn't comprised of so many arrogant loudmouths, which is hiliarious considering the gophers haven't accomplished anything in half a century, I wouldn't hold you collectively in disdain. But it is, so I do.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Well, who knows who will win the Texas Bowl.

But what we SU fans do know and what Minnesota fans will start to realize is one of the greatest jokes of all time.

You guys (The B1G) took Rutgers. And it was voluntary. It wasn't some sort of mandatory thing or even as a result of a trade to get something else you wanted.

The ACC expanded twice and never gave them a sniff. Did that suggest anything to Delany?

Has anybody noticed they got rolled continually this year by the AAC powers? Do you understand that the BB team just got beat by Fairleigh-Dickinson?

Are you aware that their fans derided and insulted the Navy Midshipmen when they visited the friendly confines of the RU stadium?

We tried to warn the UConn FB fans when they hired our Ex-coach, Pasqualoni. But they knew better.

You guys voluntarily took Rutgers. Amazing.

{insert slow clap .gif}

Spare me the armchair psychology. Maybe if your fanbase wasn't comprised of so many arrogant loudmouths, which is hiliarious considering the gophers haven't accomplished anything in half a century, I wouldn't hold you collectively in disdain. But it is, so I do.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
It's sad that you don't even realize how dumb you sound nor do you realize that you're doig a disservice to your fellow posters who know how to conduct themselves like adults. But you're obviously one of those internet loud mouths who got punked by some college kids at a game, walked away with your tail between your vagina and are now releasing your pent up self loathing about it at total strangers online. Truthfully you're pathetic and yet amusing at the same time as it's still funny that you can have so much hate for a fan base. You sound like that loser Pantherhawk. Lol

You did well to shed light on your team and your fan base thought process. Shame you were met with trolling and that some UM trolls followed you over which escalated the process. FWIW, our board does have an ignore function which I recommend if you want to avoid the juvinile comments. Apologies if I end up on it but there are some here that appreciate your input.
Noted and utilized. Thanks

Man, Rutgers/Uconn fans love ragging on us for talking about our history. If only they had to deal with these Minnesota fans. At least with Syracuse, I would say a large majority of our fans were alive the last time Syracuse was nationally relevant in football...

It's sad that you don't even realize how dumb you sound nor do you realize that you're doig a disservice to your fellow posters who know how to conduct themselves like adults. But you're obviously one of those internet loud mouths who got punked by some college kids at a game, walked away with your tail between your vagina and are now releasing your pent up self loathing about it at total strangers online. Truthfully you're pathetic and yet amusing at the same time as it's still funny that you can have so much hate for a fan base. You sound like that loser Pantherhawk. Lol

Your post is a perfect example of why I view your fanbase as a bunch of passive aggressive sh-t talkers. You questioned in an earlier post why I dislike gopher fans, and I gave you my reasons. It isn't based upon irrational "hate," nor does it have anything to do with releasing any pent up anger. It was based upon fact, and experiencing first hand what a bunch of ungracious dickheads a large segment of your fanbase happens to be. And unlike many posters here, I live in Minneapolis and see first hand on a daily basis what a bunch of frontrunning chest pounders you guys are--which is especially funny, given that you've accomplished nil. Maybe that's why you all go overboard whenever there is a glimmer of hope that you might be approaching not sucking in any sport, college or professional. Either way, it is unbecoming.

Also, here's a lesson on internet etiquette for you: you came over to our board, I didn't come to yours. When a bunch of locusts--which certainly includes you and your asinine contributions to this thread--descend upon our board talking unwarranted smack, don't be surprised when your hosts aren't receptive to your maroon and yellow nonsense. That you got your panties in a bunch doesn't remotely come as a surprise, because I know from experience that gopher fans are inherently pussies.

Take for example that punk gopher college kid I referenced above, who I almost knocked out for starting with my 62 year old dad. You should have seen his face when he realized that being with a group of his friends wasn't going to be a deterrent.

Hope to see you around Minneapolis, at which point you can feel free to express these opinions to me in person as opposed to flexing your phony internet muscles from the anonymous safety of your gopher hole. I'll be the one sporting Syracuse gear after we whip you in the bowl, so I won't be hard to find.

Last edited:
Your post is a perfect example of why I view your fanbase as a bunch of passive aggressive sh-t talkers. You questioned in an earlier post why I dislike gopher fans, and I gave you my reasons. It isn't based upon irrational "hate," nor does it have anything to do with releasing any pent up anger. It was based upon fact, and experiencing first hand what a bunch of ungracious dickheads a large segment of your fanbase happens to be. And unlike many posters here, I live in Minneapolis and see first hand on a daily basis what a bunch of frontrunning chest pounders you guys are--which is especially funny, given that you've accomplished nil. Maybe that's why you all go overboard whenever there is a glimmer of hope that you might be approaching not sucking in any sport, college or professional. Either way, it is unbecoming.

Also, here's a lesson on internet etiquette for you: you came over to our board, I didn't come to yours. When a bunch of locusts--which certainly includes you and your asinine contributions to this thread--descend upon our board talking unwarranted smack, don't be surprised when your hosts aren't receptive to your maroon and yellow nonsense. That you got your panties in a bunch doesn't remotely come as a surprise, because I know from experience that gopher fans are inherently pussies.

Take for example that punk gopher college kid I referenced above, who I almost knocked out for starting with my 62 year old dad. You should have seen his face when he realized that being with a group of his friends wasn't going to be a deterrent.

Hope to see you around Minneapolis, at which point you can feel free to express these opinions to me in person as opposed to flexing your phony internet muscles from the anonymous safety of your gopher hole. I'll be the one sporting Syracuse gear after we whip you in the bowl, so I won't be hard to find.
Lol now you want to fight? Pathetic. And yea I came on your board and I came in peace. I've talked no smack nor dissed Cuse. I'm addressing you personally as you took the actions of a few and used it to justify acting like an idiot towards me personally. Newsflash for you: I've lived in Chicago and now in WI. I've encountered tons of idiot WI and Ill fans but guess what? I still great people as individuals and am smart enough to know that being a fan of a team doesn't mean you have particular traits no more than being born during a certain month does. I actuay empathized with you and agree that the people you encountered are idiots. If you somehow believe that those characterize and entire group of people that happened to be born in an area or went to a school then that's a you problem. This is football and it's really not that serious. But from what you've presented on here you not only lack perspective but you're apparently incapable of being a rational human being as well.

And FYI since you think I'm flexing anonymous internet muscles I'm perfectly willing to continue this conversation via phone, text, Facebook or whatever non anonymous means you'd prefer as I don't live in Minneapolis anymore. So feel free to shoot me a PM on how to contact you so we can cease this anonymous talk

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Lol now you want to fight? Pathetic. And yea I came on your board and I came in peace. I've talked no smack nor dissed Cuse. I'm addressing you personally as you took the actions of a few and used it to justify acting like an idiot towards me personally. Newsflash for you: I've lived in Chicago and now in WI. I've encountered tons of idiot WI and Ill fans but guess what? I still great people as individuals and am smart enough to know that being a fan of a team doesn't mean you have particular traits no more than being born during a certain month does. I actuay empathized with you and agree that the people you encountered are idiots. If you somehow believe that those characterize and entire group of people that happened to be born in an area or went to a school then that's a you problem. This is football and it's really not that serious. But from what you've presented on here you not only lack perspective but you're apparently incapable of being a rational human being as well.

What's with all this stram man BS? I know that there are idiots in every fanbase. There just happen to be more per capita knuckleheads in YOUR fanbase than most, something I'm unfortunately privy to living here in Minneapolis. Before last year, I actually pulled for you guys until the behavior of your fans soured me on the gophers. Let that sink in for a minute. Now I root against you--not because I'm anti-Minnesota as you continually insinuate, not even because I'm anti-B1G, but because I don't like how a lot of gopher fans conduct themselves. Please note that I didn't say all of you. I'm friends with a lot of gopher fans. But the vast majority I encounter really behave strangely--almost as though you guys are so desperate to not suck at something that you go overboard when you finally get your chance to crow about something.

I travel extensively to watch SU play in hoops, football, and lacrosse. I'm quite familiar with how fans act during games, and often after games. But generally speaking, a lot of the banter goes away after the game. I've been to places where opposing fans have invited us to tailgait, shared beers, etc. and been quite cordial--even if there is a rivalry on the field. Hell, West Virginia fans are outright hostile toward us in the stadium, but great sports out in the parking lot. My experience at the gopher game last year was the complete opposite. And I don't have a problem chalking one dopey comment or one incident up to some drunk fan. Dozens of comments / incidents after the game suggests a pattern.

I'm not looking for empathy from you. Honestly, I couldn't care less what you think. And I find it comical that you whine about how you "actually empathized" with me, given all of the imflammatory stuff you had to say above. As far as perspective goes, at least I understand that actions speak louder than words. That makes one of us.

Last edited:
Minnesota Bowl Results (5-10)
SeasonBowlOpponentScoreW/L
1960RoseWashington7-17L
1961RoseUCLA21-3W
1977Hall Of FameMaryland7-17L
1985IndependenceClemson20-13W
1986LibertyTennessee14-21L
1999SunOregon20-24L
2000Micron PCN.C. State30-38L
2002Music CityArkansas29-14W
2003SunOregon31-30W