Mintz ended up on Filayyyy (and it doesn't end well) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mintz ended up on Filayyyy (and it doesn't end well)

Which is OK, I have no issue with them being ejected. I was just pointing out that JBA escalated the situation and I was surprised he wasn't ejected as well. I don't have the camera angle of the bench when Edert slapped Mints back, but JBA running after him certainly set things in motion. I was on the opposite side of the court and was surprised by the whole thing. Took the refs about 15 minutes to sort things out and Grasso kept jawing with everyone.
JBA seeing Edert wind up and strike Mintz in the back of the head is what set this in motion. JBA had no choice but to react the way he did to defend his teammate. Stop blaming this on JBA that is completely ridiculous. If you don't have the guts to defend your teammate when he gets clocked then you do not deserve to be part of any sports team of any kind. Blaming JBA is Charmin Ultrasoft.

JBA seeing Edert wind up and strike Mintz in the back of the head is what set this in motion. JBA had no choice but to react the way he did to defend his teammate. Stop blaming this on JBA that is completely ridiculous. If you don't have the guts to defend your teammate when he gets clocked then you do not deserve to be part of any sports team of any kind. Blaming JBA is Charmin Ultrasoft.
I'm not quite sure you're understanding what I'm writing here.

I am surprised the refs didn't eject JBA. Don't ever be the third guy in a scrum in NCAA, NFL, MLB, NHL, PGA, UFC ... that's who usually gets punished. In no sport, professional or otherwise do the refs generally say, ah, that's ok, he was just defending his guy.

I am surprised the refs didn't eject JBA. Don't ever be the third guy in a scrum in NCAA, NFL, MLB, NHL, PGA, UFC ... that's who usually gets punished. In no sport, professional or otherwise do the refs generally say, ah, that's ok, he was just defending his guy.
But JBA never laid a hand on anyone.

My bad that may be the case. I guess I am surprised he was not ejected either. But I 1000% defend his actions. You don't stop to think about the implications in that moment. You defend your bro. Also respect the Bryant guys who got between JBA and Edert. They were doing the same.

My issue with the whole thing is how Bryant was playing defense. When Judah would drive the lane a secondary defender would jump right in his path and try to block him. I thought on both charges that he was called for he had already launched into his shot and by rule that has to be called a block — no secondary sliding in after ball handler has left his feet.

It’s also a chicken bleep way to play defense. And flopping / baiting charges is also supposed to a point of emphasis this season.

Last edited:
Assistants can leave the bench. Otherwise how the hell are you breaking it up? It was something done outside of just leaving.
Jim addressed it in his presser. The assistants were ejected for leaving the bench area. It’s against the rules. JB also said several times that it’s a terrible rule.

Last edited:
My issue with the whole thing is how Bryant was playing defense. When Judah would drive the lane a secondary defender would jump right in his path and try to block him. I thought on both charges that he was called for he had already launched into his shot and by rule that has to be called a charge — no secondary sliding in after ball handler has left his feet.

It’s also a chicken bleep way to play defense. And flopping / baiting charges is also supposed to a point of emphasis this season.
I agree. I hate the charge rule in college basketball. They need to eliminate it entirely for secondary defenders who step in front of players like they’re a wall that suddenly sprouted up out of nowhere. Worse rule in all of college basketball and it’s somehow persisted for decades (except for alterations like creating the restricted circle, which has made it a bit better).

I agree. I hate the charge rule in college basketball. They need to eliminate it entirely for secondary defenders who step in front of players like they’re a wall that suddenly sprouted up out of nowhere. Worse rule in all of college basketball and it’s somehow persisted for decades (except for alterations like creating the restricted circle, which has made it a bit better).
Same with the NBA except it's even worse because you don't have to be fully set.

My issue with the whole thing is how Bryant was playing defense. When Judah would drive the lane a secondary defender would jump right in his path and try to block him. I thought on both charges that he was called for he had already launched into his shot and by rule that has to be called a charge — no secondary sliding in after ball handler has left his feet.

they did get called for a flop. so there is that, which is nice.

If that is the case every other kid on our team is a gutless punk because nobody else was chasing the other guy. That said I don't think he should have been tossed either as he didn't really do anything except stomp around.

Does anyone know what preceded the first slap?

I did not see the game and only saw the slaps and aftermath.

Were there any interactions between the two in the minutes before preceding the slap?

Yes.
1. Mintz got called for a charge. An "iffy" call.
2. The guy who drew the charge, laying on the floor, stuck out a leg to trip Mintz.
3. The guy he slapped, Edler, pushed Judah from behind, who tripped a bit over the other guy's leg.
4. Mintz turned back toward mid-court, walked past Edler and slapped his face. Mintz kept walking, like nothing had happened.
5. Edler comes at Mintz from behind and winds up a bit to give him a good whack back to the side / back of his head.
6. Mintz ignores the slap and keeps walking, perhaps thinking he had baited Edler into getting ejected.

You all have now argued about this 45,762 times longer than the actual ‘fight’ was.

I enjoyed hating on Bryant and Grasso 1000% more than thinking about the fact that we lost to them at home. I have a feeling they won't be coming back to the Dome anytime soon so now it's back to thinking about the state of the program.

Lmao some of these replies. “He was talking trash”, “he got shoved”. Dude got caught up in a bball moment and slapped across another player’s face. Weak as hell and I’m glad Edert smacked him back.

Was absolutely moronic by Judah. Surely he feels the same way.
Why would you be glad a senior slapped him back? What an embarrassing moment for someone who is supposed to be a teams leader. A real leader like a Brandon Triche would’ve never done something like that. Judah was dumb, the guy slapping him back, even dumber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom