Mintz ended up on Filayyyy (and it doesn't end well) | Syracusefan.com

Mintz ended up on Filayyyy (and it doesn't end well)

swish7

All Conference
Filayyyy on instagram is a funny basketball-themed account. He provides some hilarious commentary on basketball footage, from all levels of the game. Its a good follow.

Yesterday was the first time I recall seeing a Syracuse player on it. It was the Mintz slap, and the commentary didn't go well for Mintz.

Bad moment for Mintz. I am sure he realized his mistake right away.

I still like what I see from this team. While there are many flaws, there are also many talented & competitive kids. They are learning. Hopefully, JB uses more the puzzle pieces that help solve the puzzle.

Its very hard to watch though when we need to turn the tide, create some momentum, and we just slide back into that zone. Wish we pressured the dribbler up the court more. Seems we could do that and still settle into our zone.

My concern is that the strength of this team is the multiple combinations that can play. Unfortunately, JB isn’t comfortable playing many people. His biggest weakness is not only developing a bench, but how to have a consistent rotation of playing time. He subs three guys at one t8me and he wonders why he loses continuity on the court. He just doesn’t have the will or want to to get this done.

Does anyone know what preceded the first slap?

I did not see the game and only saw the slaps and aftermath.

Were there any interactions between the two in the minutes before preceding the slap?

Were there any interactions between the two in the minutes before preceding the slap?
It looked like to me like Mintz was tripping over the guy that had taken the charge and was basically tripping into Edert. Edert gave him a shove, (benefit of the doubt here) maybe thinking Mintz was getting physical with him on purpose and then Mintz slapped him and set everything else off.

It looked like to me like Mintz was tripping over the guy that had taken the charge and was basically tripping into Edert. Edert gave him a shove, (benefit of the doubt here) maybe thinking Mintz was getting physical with him on purpose and then Mintz slapped him and set everything else off.
Best part was Edert running away when JBA looked at him.

I believe Mintz had just been called for a charge. It was the second time he was called for charging in a short period of time.

I think he was frustrated and his pride was hurt. The Bryant player made a big deal of celebrating while laying on the floor and Mintz got tangled up a bit in his legs as he tried to back up and head back to play defense.

Judah is competitive as hell and him not playing well and the opposing players celebrating in his face was just too much for him to take.

I bet that Ebert guy said something disparaging as well, just to add fuel to the fire.

Edert doesn't have much talent but he gets in your face playing defense and is great at talking trash. I am sure he tries to get in the head of opposing players and he was successful on Sunday.

I believe Mintz had just been called for a charge. It was the second time he was called for charging in a short period of time.

I think he was frustrated and his pride was hurt. The Bryant player made a big deal of celebrating while laying on the floor and Mintz got tangled up a bit in his legs as he tried to back up and head back to play defense.

Judah is competitive as hell and him not playing well and the opposing players celebrating in his face was just too much for him to take.

I bet that Ebert guy said something disparaging as well, just to add fuel to the fire.

Edert doesn't have much talent but he gets in your face playing defense and is great at talking trash. I am sure he tries to get in the head of opposing players and he was successful on Sunday.
That's what I think also. Edert was talking trash after Judah's two charging calls. Mintz lost his composure and gave him the lightest slap possible. Edert then cold slapped Judah and ran like a pussywillow when the South Sudanese enforcer Jon Bol Ajak ran after him.

That's what I think also. Edert was talking trash after Judah's two charging calls. Mintz lost his composure and gave him the lightest slap possible. Edert then cold slapped Judah and ran like a pussywillow when the South Sudanese enforcer Jon Bol Ajak ran after him.
JBA had bad intentions and frankly I'm surprised he wasn't ejected. He wanted to kick some ass.

Edert pushed Mintz downward, as Mintz was trying to recover his balance. As Melancer said, Edert might have thought Judah was leaning into him on purpose.

JBA had bad intentions and frankly I'm surprised he wasn't ejected. He wanted to kick some ass.
So you think people should be ejected for thinking bad thoughts?

JBA came to the defense of his teammate - how is that bad intentions ? Edert got scared and ran away from just a stare-down from JBA and subsequently tried to hide behind his team - translate LOSER WIMP.

JBA is one of the kindest, funniest, and most loyal person I've ever met. I for one am proud he stuck up for the youngster.

I'm pretty sure that if JBA got a hold of Edert he would have given him the wet finger in the ear treatment and possibly the infamous sleeper hold.

Last edited:

In addition to what others said about Edert's behavior before the slap, #3, the player that drew the charge took a little kick at Mintz from his back. Given Bryant's recent track record, they should get 0 benefit of the doubt ever when it comes to this stuff.

So you think people should be ejected for thinking bad thoughts?
Chasing down an opposing player and wanting to fight the entire team? Yes. Mintz had already walked away. JBA turned that into a bench clearing incident.

Chasing down an opposing player and wanting to fight the entire team? Yes. Mintz had already walked away. JBA turned that into a bench clearing incident.
Wrong again. Mintz and then Edert (in that order) turned it into a bench clear.

Lmao some of these replies. “He was talking trash”, “he got shoved”. Dude got caught up in a bball moment and slapped across another player’s face. Weak as hell and I’m glad Edert smacked him back.

Was absolutely moronic by Judah. Surely he feels the same way.

I believe it was because they left the bench. Same for the two assistant coaches from both teams.
Assistants can leave the bench. Otherwise how the hell are you breaking it up? It was something done outside of just leaving.

I believe it was because they left the bench. Same for the two assistant coaches from both teams.
Which is OK, I have no issue with them being ejected. I was just pointing out that JBA escalated the situation and I was surprised he wasn't ejected as well. I don't have the camera angle of the bench when Edert slapped Mintz back, but JBA running after him certainly set things in motion. I was on the opposite side of the court and was surprised by the whole thing. Took the refs about 15 minutes to sort things out and Grasso kept jawing with everyone.

Assistants cannot leave the bench. Bryant lost all theirs as well along with 2 players for that reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom