Mintz/JG3 relationship | Syracusefan.com

Mintz/JG3 relationship

Cstate

Scout Team
Someone (sorry I forgot who it was) mentioned in the BC Gameday thread if we think these two players speak to each other off the court because they do not look like they have a relationship/chemistry on it. I have a feeling they don’t speak much. A hunch would be how Judah answered a question about his goals right before the season started. Instead of saying something like “I’ve been handed the keys to help this program back to the tournament” or “I look forward to being a solid contributor”…..he said “I want to be the ACC ROTY”. While that is great and all, maybe JG3 and probably some others, would have preferred a little different answer. Just my 2 cents….

***solid win today***

Are they buddy buddy? Probably not, one is 22 the other is 18. Do they talk as much as basketball players talk to their teamates? Of course. JG is relearning how to play the 2 after 3 years of bringing the ball up so yes there are going to be some moments where they’re not on the same page and waving each other off.

Someone (sorry I forgot who it was) mentioned in the BC Gameday thread if we think these two players speak to each other off the court because they do not look like they have a relationship/chemistry on it. I have a feeling they don’t speak much. A hunch would be how Judah answered a question about his goals right before the season started. Instead of saying something like “I’ve been handed the keys to help this program back to the tournament” or “I look forward to being a solid contributor”…..he said “I want to be the ACC ROTY”. While that is great and all, maybe JG3 and probably some others, would have preferred a little different answer. Just my 2 cents….

***solid win today***

See Judah's response the other week about them trusting each other as the season has progressed.

As for hanging out outside of basketball, I couldn't care less. That's ESPN First Take BS that doesn't matter.

Doesn’t anyone see them constantly slapping hands, patting each other on the back, helping each other up? Didn’t anyone see Mintz going crazy on the bench in an earlier game when Joe made a logo 3? Sometimes I think people want there to be issues on this team.

See Judah's response the other week about them trusting each other as the season has progressed.

As for hanging out outside of basketball, I couldn't care less. That's ESPN First Take BS that doesn't matter.
Yea, sometimes this board tends to get hung up on this stuff. Really doesn’t matter that much unless it’s actively and obviously hurting the team on the court.

***solid win today***
I think Judah and Joe are playing as well together as one could realistically hope. No way Joe or anyone else took issue w Judah’s stated goal. Please.

Melo did not like Gerry….until about midway through the Big East season.

JB had a chat with Melo after the Miami game I think…where was obvious Melo was freezing Gerry out.

All good after that.

These things are not uncommon….and work themselves out when people start winning.

Melo did not like Gerry….until about midway through the Big East season.

JB had a chat with Melo after the Miami game I think…where was obvious Melo was freezing Gerry out.

All good after that.

These things are not uncommon….and work themselves out when people start winning.
Mintz and Girard have looked fine the past six games. Early on there was a chemistry issue but I’m not buying it now. As others noted, there’s plenty of chest bumps and high fives. Both guys want to win. They’re both alphas too. Natural for there to be growing pains like Jake notes with Melo and Gerry.

***solid win today***
What a strange comment.

the chemistry between the two is improving...Judah is getting the PG position down and still has a lot of room to improve...but he's "getting it"

he's going to keep getting better and better imo

his mentality is winning.

***solid win today***
Who cares. To quote a great SU alum and football HOF'er, Al Davis- "Just win baby"!
Anything else is just soap-opera bs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom