Mixed feelings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mixed feelings

I just sit here incredulous. Pitt and Georgetown are two of our three biggest wins this year. And they both got run out of the building. Just dominated by crap teams. How is it even possible? Syracuse didn't even come close to playing that well against either team, even when we beat them. Would FGCU have gone 15-3 in the Big East?? Would they have gone 1-17??
I use the SEC argument about bowl games. In one game, any team can win. In the regular season, the wear and tear gets to the lesser teams.

I was at Costco yesterday in full SU gear, just picking up a few things.
Some guy behind the electronics counter says to me:
"Hey, you guys might've got us in NYC, but we still got you twice this year. I'm from Georgetown".
We went back & forth about the Dance- he bragged that I should watch the azz-whupping they'd
put on "that directional school from Florida", to see what a real bball team plays like.
I remember walking away thinking; "Please God, let those mamalukes lose tonite".
Man...I cannot wait to go back to Costco...gotta find an excuse, stat!
True story. :p

"Hey, you guys might've got us in NYC, but we still got you twice this year. I'm from Georgetown".
We went back & forth about the Dance- he bragged that I should watch the azz-whupping they'd
put on "that directional school from Florida", to see what a real bball team plays like.
I remember walking away thinking; "Please God, let those mamalukes lose tonite".
you should go back there and make him show you every casmera/stereo there and tall him you wanted to spend your winnings from betting on Florida Gulf Coast

you should go back there and make him show you every casmera/stereo there and tall him you wanted to spend your winnings from betting on Florida Gulf Coast

Have your picture taken with him and post it here! (But make sure we beat California first.)

If all he could get with his Georgetown degree was the coveted electronics counter at Costco, I'd say FGCU beating the Hoyas is the least of his worries.

If all he could get with his Georgetown degree was the coveted electronics counter at Costco, I'd say FGCU beating the Hoyas is the least of his worries.
Yup, that was my first thought- "A GTown degree and the electronics counter at Costco"? Oh Lord
And yes, I waited till we beat Cal and now I'm going back there for that pic- will post it asap!!!!
All is right with the world! :cool:

I agree with the OP, I'm a fan of the little guy winning an opening round game, but sweet 16 and on, i want to see the chalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom