MLB approves Astros to the AL West, and 2 more playoff teams in 2013. | Syracusefan.com

MLB approves Astros to the AL West, and 2 more playoff teams in 2013.

Don't like the +2 to the playoffs. I realize that the Wild Card was a rousing success, but having 8 teams in the playoff helped make this season what it was.

Don't like the +2 to the playoffs. I realize that the Wild Card was a rousing success, but having 8 teams in the playoff helped make this season what it was.
Want to assure Red Sox participation in the play-offs. They missed 2 out of the last 3 years. Oh yeah, j/k.

I hated the idea at first, but keeping the playoff to a one game scenario will be very good for the race at the end IMO

I just needed to post on a subject other than Bernie Fine's scandal. I want to go on record as stating I am against this realignment. The Astro??? Why?? How about a real team.

Seriously though,my objection comes from asnother round of playoffs. A one game playoff is not long enough. As the season stretches to arounf Halloween already I would rather see four divisions and no wild card at all, or just keep it the way it is. Even though I was sickened by my Sox all September the last day of the season was great for baseball fans. It would have meant nothing under the new scenario.

I just needed to post on a subject other than Bernie Fine's scandal. I want to go on record as stating I am against this realignment. The Astro??? Why?? How about a real team.

Seriously though,my objection comes from asnother round of playoffs. A one game playoff is not long enough. As the season stretches to arounf Halloween already I would rather see four divisions and no wild card at all, or just keep it the way it is. Even though I was sickened by my Sox all September the last day of the season was great for baseball fans. It would have meant nothing under the new scenario.

I must respectfully disagree. My biggest problem with adding a playoff round is that baseball is not a game in which you can have bye-rounds. We have already seen in the past how badly teams can be "penalized" for sweeping their series and then being forced to sit for three or four days. However, if it stays at only one game, then that won't play a role. Once I get past that, I am happy. People want to look at how this year ended, perhaps the greatest final day of the regular season, EVER. Which means you may spend the next 25 or 50 years waiting for a replay of that situation... or you can pretty much ensure something similar happens annually. The excitement generated on that final day is only fuel for trying to replicate it, hardly the other way around, IMO.

Little March Madness feel to MLB isn't a bad thing. A one-n-done game is great!

Little March Madness feel to MLB isn't a bad thing. A one-n-done game is great!
Agreed. All the one-game divisional play-off games in the past years that I can think of have been classics. In 2007, Matt Holliday scored the winning run for Colorado even though he may have been out (Colorado went on to lose the WS). The Twins' walk-off with Carlos Gomez diving into home was another classic. I love the one-game idea.

Agreed. All the one-game divisional play-off games in the past years that I can think of have been classics. In 2007, Matt Holliday scored the winning run for Colorado even though he may have been out (Colorado went on to lose the WS). The Twins' walk-off with Carlos Gomez diving into home was another classsic. I love the one-game idea.

Some of the most exciting baseball I've seen...I absolutely love it. I don't like the fact that a team that is overall better could get knocked off by a team with more holes just because they have a better #1 on the mound though. No one would want to see a Seattle (Felix) or Dodgers (Kershaw) in a one game situation - but would probably love to see those same teams in a 3 or 5 game series.