MLB offseason talk | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

MLB offseason talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't win; he won't even be top 5, but IMO, Bellinger is the NL MVP. Dodgers had the best record in baseball, but were 6 games below .500 when he was not playing. His presence changed the way teams pitched to the entire Dodger lineup. AFAIAC, the most impactful player on the best team should always be a leading MVP candidate. The term is most valuable, after all, not the best and certainly not the best compiler.

Votto? His team lost 94 games. Stanton's team lost 85. Give them Silver Slugger awards; everyone is entitled to their own standard, but personally, I can't give MVP votes to players on also rans. Of course, I also don't have a real vote.

Plane owned by Roy Halladay crashed and one body found dead.
Police haven’t confirmed it’s Halladay it’s looking more like the future HOFer has passed away.

Have to give it to Molitor that team was supposed to win 60 games, he did an amazing job with that team.

Agree. I said Francona in my original post because I was just blown away by the Indians run in the 2nd half. But you have to go with Molitor. The Twins overachieved big time. Not too many HOFers have gone on to be good managers. Impressive job.

There, FIFY :)
I watched Beckett pitch against the Yankees for all of his starts against the yanks while he was with the Red Sox. He wasn't a guy throwing at the yanks,. He didn't need to. I am not a Beckett fan but he was a winner that never head hunted.

I watched Beckett pitch against the Yankees for all of his starts against the yanks while he was with the Red Sox. He wasn't a guy throwing at the yanks,. He didn't need to. I am not a Beckett fan but he was a winner that never head hunted.

There's a difference between plunking hitters and head hunting. I distinctly remember watching him plunk a couple Yankee batters, and he stood there on the mound with that annoying smirk knowing he didn't have to bat. He and Martinez were both colossal prix that way.

There's a difference between plunking hitters and head hunting. I distinctly remember watching him plunk a couple Yankee batters, and he stood there on the mound with that annoying smirk knowing he didn't have to bat. He and Martinez were both colossal prix that way.
Two winners that played hard ball. It wasn't their fault that the yankees didn't have any pitchers that had their kind of stones.

Two winners that played hard ball. It wasn't their fault that the yankees didn't have any pitchers that had their kind of stones.

Tony C. says, "Hi. Remember me?"

Tony C. says, "Hi. Remember me?"
I remember 8-18-67 like it was last year. Very dumb comparison. Beckett and Pedro pitched inside. They didn't throw at people's head. We will never know whether Hamilton threw at Tony C's head. Only he does. I do know that almost every successful pitcher threw inside. And both Beckett and Pedro were very successful pitchers. Oh, and Mike Piazza says hi.

I remember 8-18-67 like it was last year. Very dumb comparison. Beckett and Pedro pitched inside. they didn't throw at people's head. We will never know whether Hamilton threw at Tony C's head. only he does. I do know that almost every successful pitcher threw inside.

From Tony's perspective it doesn't really matter. And those two AH's both threw at batters with boring regularity. I'm a big boy and I've been around long enough to know it when I see it.

From Tony's perspective it doesn't really matter. And those two AH's both threw at batters with boring regularity. I'm a big boy and I've been around long enough to know it when I see it.
Did you see it when your guy threw at Piazza's head?

Oh, so Red Sox pitchers had balls, but Chamberlain was a head hunter? Got it.

Oh, so Red Sox pitchers had balls, but Chamberlain was a head hunter? Got it.
First, the Red Sox pitchers were both winners. Joba sure wasn't. Second, all he did was intentionally throw at one persons head. But like with Piazza, that didn't bother you. which brings me back to my original point about Beckett. You didn't like him because he beat you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom