MLB offseason talk | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

MLB offseason talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiant. His numbers are almost a match for Catfish Hunter. But to answer your question, tough call. But I will go with asshat Schill. Just too good in big games. It's not just his record, which is just great. His no decisions were just as good. He led in almost every game he was taken out of where the bullpen lost his lead.

Funny, I'm just reading Bill James book on the HOF for the first time in year; the Tiant/Catfish thing is a decent part of the book. Really good point, Catfish had the 5 20 win seasons and not a whole lot else.

If you only had room on your ballot this year between Schilling and Mussina who are you voting for?

I don't like Schilling, but my gut says him.

Quickly scanning their bbref pages; Mussina has about 55 more wins than Schilling, which is a lot, but "only" 300 more IP. Schilling's era is slightly (slightly I say) more impressive. Schilling has some of the best K/BB numbers ever, and some amazing post season stats. So I think i go him. Both guys are easy HOF to me though

Funny, I'm just reading Bill James book on the HOF for the first time in year; the Tiant/Catfish thing is a decent part of the book. Really good point, Catfish had the 5 20 win seasons and not a whole lot else.

I don't like Schilling, but my gut says him.

Quickly scanning their bbref pages; Mussina has about 55 more wins than Schilling, which is a lot, but "only" 300 more IP. Schilling's era is slightly (slightly I say) more impressive. Schilling has some of the best K/BB numbers ever, and some amazing post season stats. So I think i go him. Both guys are easy HOF to me though
I also can't understand why Kaat doesn't get more mention

I also can't understand why Kaat doesn't get more mention

The guys without the great peaks always seem to get the short thrift, which to an extent I get, but to be able to pitch long enough to win 283 games in the major leagues; that's something

There were a lot of whispers.
About Schilling?
Schilling and Frank Thomas were the only athletes who volunteered to speak in front of Congress in 2005 because they wanted testing.

I have heard rumors of lots of guys never Schilling. He is a loud mouth crazy right winger but not a juicer.

Stupid trade for the Braves unless they sell Kazmer for prospects.

Don’t get taking on this payroll.

Diehard Braves fan here. I'm willing to give Anthopoulos time. But this first major move doesn't excite me. Looks like the Braves are making room for their top OF prospect Ronald Acuna and the Dodgers sent them 4.5 million.

This article does a good job making sense of it for the Braves

Braves trade Matt Kemp to Dodgers in five-player blockbuster

Diehard Braves fan here. I'm willing to give Anthopoulos time. But this first major move doesn't excite me. Looks like the Braves are making room for their top OF prospect Ronald Acuna and the Dodgers sent them 4.5 million.

This article does a good job making sense of it for the Braves

Braves trade Matt Kemp to Dodgers in five-player blockbuster

NBA trade. Salary considerations are virtually the only considerations in the trade. Plus, maybe McCarthy gives them some quality innings. Both Gonzalez and Kemp are expected to be cut on Monday. Braves are only taking on payroll for this season. Doesn't impact anything long-term.

Stupidest arbitration case ever? Seriously, going to arbitration over $100K??

Atlanta Braves right-hander Mike Foltynewicz remains eligible for arbitration. He's asking for $2.3 million, and the team is offering $2.2 million.

Atlanta Braves right-hander Mike Foltynewicz remains eligible for arbitration. He's asking for $2.3 million, and the team is offering $2.2 million.
Guess he wants to hear what they think of him.

Not a good idea...

No. It's not the stupidest. When arbitration first came about, the A's actuall submitted a amount higher than then player did.

No. It's not the stupidest. When arbitration first came about, the A's actuall submitted a amount higher than then player did.

You have any more details on this? I've never heard this story

Cole to Astros official now.
4 players back to Pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online