MLB offseason talk | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MLB offseason talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sox start 4 guys younger than Judge. They aren't going anywhere. A healthy Price, Sale, Drew P and Porcello is a good place to start. Erod can take a major step. He has excellent stuff. I think Boston and New York will take jumps next year to get to the level Cleveland and the Astro's are at. They aren't going anywhere either.
Yankees have work to do with regards SP.

Other than Sevy and maybe Gray...2 guys who just spit up on themselves in the playoffs, I would say nobody really scares anyone.

We will have to trade more pieces this offseason to compete with the teams u named.

My guess, Betances is 1...

I'm not sure how anyone is going to beat Houston 4 times in 7 games. Cleveland has a shot to do it but the Astros' lineup is deep and loaded. All of these series should be fun to watch though.

I'm not sure how anyone is going to beat Houston 4 times in 7 games. Cleveland has a shot to do it but the Astros' lineup is deep and loaded. All of these series should be fun to watch though.

Cleveland/Houston would be a helluva ALCS.

Ya the Astros have a good lineup, the Indians have much better pitching, Indians in 6.

I really want a new manager John Farrell blows.

He is so bad.

Also go retire Dustin Pedroia you overrated player.
God he is so unclutch in the playoffs.

Dustin Pedroia is now hitting .206 (19-92) in the postseason since 2008.

He is so bad.

The lineup lacks power and just isn't reliable enough to win in the playoffs. Not dynamic enough to compete with a team like Houston. Not sure what else Farrell is supposed to do about that. He's had some stupid decisions and drives me nuts often but I don't know if any manager would've helped this Red Sox roster beat Houston.

The lineup lacks power and just isn't reliable enough to win in the playoffs. Not dynamic enough to compete with a team like Houston. Not sure what else Farrell is supposed to do about that. He's had some stupid decisions and drives me nuts often but I don't know if any manager would've helped this Red Sox roster beat Houston.
Farrell is useless.

The team lacks power and if they aren’t all over Giancarlo Stanton they are stupid.

Bogaerts, Devers, and something else for Stanton.

The team is useless offensively. Also the manager is responsible for how stupid they are on the bases.

The lineup has talent but the manager blows.
They wouldn’t beat Houston if they had another manager but Devin bleeping Marrero and Chris Young who didn’t even make the roster originally wouldn’t be in the lineup in this must win game.

How Marrero isn’t anything more than defensive replacement in this
Must win game is utter stupidity.
If Farrell gets fired then atleast something has changed. The team needs a cultural change.

The Red Sox have a real Chris Paul-Clippers vibe to them right now: Very good but with monoliths blocking their path to a championship

Trade Bogaerts, Betts, 2 prospects for Stanton.

Eat a ton of Hanley’s money trade him.

Sign JD Martinez as the DH.

I think keeping the core intact and spending money on an Eric Hosmer, Mike Moustakas, or JD Martinez to add pop is a better idea than shipping a bunch of young talent to Miami for Stanton.

As a Dodgers fan, my order of how the teams concern me in each league:

NL:
1. Cubs
2. D-Backs
3. Nationals

AL:
1. Indians
2. Astros
3. Red Sox
4. Yankees

I think we finally have one of those lineups where every guy can hurt you and enough guys can grind out tough at bats in big spots and come through. If the pitching comes through, I think we can do it this year.

I really hope the Yankees let Girardi go and the Red Sox scoop him up.

Grady Farrell must go.

Mookie Betts is probably a better player than Stanton. (Maybe)

If Miami trades Stanton they're probably going to have someone eat a ton of salary, right?

Is it too late for my prediction that there will be a lot of home runs in these playoffs?

I really hope the Yankees let Girardi go and the Red Sox scoop him up.

Grady Farrell must go.

If the yankees are dumb enough to let him go for having a bad night, there will be 10 teams trying to get him.

Mookie Betts is probably a better player than Stanton. (Maybe)

If Miami trades Stanton they're probably going to have someone eat a ton of salary, right?

Is it too late for my prediction that there will be a lot of home runs in these playoffs?
Mookie better defensively but the Red Sox need power.

They were dead last in HRs.

Stanton’s contract is why I would give up Mookie.

Miami would probably flip him as well.

Mookie better defensively but the Red Sox need power.

They were dead last in HRs.

Stanton’s contract is why I would give up Mookie.

Miami would probably flip him as well.

Stanton is awesome but he's rarely healthy. If you want power, your idea for signing JD Martinez is a lot better. That's just money.

Stanton's contract isn't great either. He's got an opt out in a few years?

He is so bad.

The Red Sox wildly overachieved this year. Amazing they won 93 games. Main reason is they won 20 one run games and went 15-3 in extra innings games. A rotation of Sale, ERod, Porcello, Fister and Pomeranz leads to 93 wins? Amazing. And a completely powerless lineup as well. Not the biggest Farrell fan either but how you can blame the season on him blows my mind.

Farrell is useless.

The team lacks power and if they aren’t all over Giancarlo Stanton they are stupid.

Bogaerts, Devers, and something else for Stanton.

The team is useless offensively. Also the manager is responsible for how stupid they are on the bases.

The lineup has talent but the manager blows.
They wouldn’t beat Houston if they had another manager but Devin bleeping Marrero and Chris Young who didn’t even make the roster originally wouldn’t be in the lineup in this must win game.

How Marrero isn’t anything more than defensive replacement in this
Must win game is utter stupidity.
If Farrell gets fired then atleast something has changed. The team needs a cultural change.

How do you blame Farrell for the personnel? Isn't that Dombrowski's job?

John Farrell is awful manager.
He is obsessed with getting Chris Young at bats.
He is awful in game.
I don’t need to go over all his endless mistakes throughout the year.
How he handled the Price-Eckserley incident.
How he in a must win game started a late inning defensive replacement and player not on the roster originally.
He is a giant problem.

Farrell blows.

David Price has more innings pitched/pitches today in relief than the Sox Game 2 and Game 3 starters combined.

Let the record show that Farrell benched Hanley in Game 1 and Devers in Game 2.

John Farrell is awful manager.
He is obsessed with getting Chris Young at bats.
He is awful in game.
I don’t need to go over all his endless mistakes throughout the year.
How he handled the Price-Eckserley incident.
How he in a must win game started a late inning defensive replacement and player not on the roster originally.
He is a giant problem.

Farrell blows.

Yeah he was so obsessed with Young that he left him off the postseason roster and then didn't play him in an elimination game. Okee-doke.

Let the record show that Farrell benched Hanley in Game 1 and Devers in Game 2.

Yeah Hanley had been lighting it up down the stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom