MLB offseason talk | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

MLB offseason talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does.

Farrell makes the lineup this isn’t a Billy Beane situation. Dombrowski knows the fanbase hates Farrell and has him as his scapegoat.
You don't know that. Don't state it as a fact.

He does.

Farrell makes the lineup this isn’t a Billy Beane situation. Dombrowski knows the fanbase hates Farrell and has him as his scapegoat.
I'm still waiting for how many games this Red Sox team should have won this year?

Do u make sheet up? Hanley hit .214 for the month of September with 2 HRs. In his last 10 games Nunez hit. 330 with two dingers.
Nunez didn’t play the last 3 weeks. You know that right?

His last 10 games he was healthy.
He was hurt. He was shutdown.

He played one game the last 3 weeks against Toronto and couldn’t finish the game.

Hanley has sucked this year but he is a threat. Nunez is not close to the threat Hanley is.

I'm still waiting for how many games this Red Sox team should have won this year?
The Vegas O/U before the season was 92.5 so they hit the number.
They didn’t overachieve.

They didn’t overachieve.
The Vegas # had David Price getting 11 starts? 93 wins was pretty good for that team. It sure wasn't bad. I don't like Farrell. But to make it out like he had this bad year, is simply not true.

The Vegas # had David Price getting 11 starts? 93 wins was pretty good for that team. It sure wasn't bad. I don't like Farrell. But to make it out like he had this bad year, is simply not true.
I doubt Vegas had Drew Pomeratz being the 5th best SP in the AL as well.
Or Craig Kimbrel dominating as much as he did early in the season.

Price wasn’t lights out last year.

Well, one of us has a family member that works for the Sox. I don't think that is you.
Farrell makes the lineup or he shouldn’t be the manager.

I am sure he gets information from the front office but he makes the lineup.

Price won 17 games last year. and Porcello won 20 and he wasn't the same to say the least. Farrell had to overcome all of that.

Farrell makes the lineup or he shouldn’t be the manager.

I am sure he gets information from the front office but he makes the lineup.
it's a collaboration. And Farrell knows where his bread is buttered. That is just the way the game is played now. More often, it's the computer that sets the lineup. But let's just look at this as a whole. 5 years, 3 division titles. One world title. Still alive in this one. If the next guy comes in, you think they should fire him if he does that?

Price won 17 games last year. and Porcello won 20 and he wasn't the same to say the least. Farrell had to overcome all of that.
They went 15-3 in extra innings.

That is clearly an outlier.
There is a lot of luck in that.

The lineup has been Punch and Judy all year long. They rode Sale early. Pomeratz was an ace after the Oakland start in May.

Rodriguez hurt and up and down.
Fister was hot in August.

The pitching and bullpen carried the team. However the lineup is not hitting enough.

Farrell had probably his best year this year but he still sucks as a manager and should be gone.

it's a collaboration. And Farrell knows where his bread is buttered. That is just the way the game is played now. More often, it's the computer that sets the lineup. But let's just look at this as a whole. 5 years, 3 division titles. One world title. Still alive in this one. If the next guy comes in, you think they should fire him if he does that?
If the computer spits out Pedroia in the 2 hole it should be thrown out.

Also no chance the computer would spit out Marrero over Devers in game 2

Devers had a better OPS and SLG versus LHP.

If the computer spits out Pedroia in the 2 hole it should be thrown out.

Also no chance the computer would spit out Marrero over Devers in game 2

Devers had a better OPS and SLG versus LHP.
That wasn't why Marrero started game #2 And I didn't like Marrero starting either. But the reason he started was because the Sox, throwing a lefty, that increases the number of balls that will be hit to third. Farrell thought it was going to be a close game. He didn't want one of Dever's air mails to first costing them the game. Agree or disagree, that was the thinking.

I also wouldn't make that trade you wanted for Stanton. Not close. First, you are willing to give up way too much. If the Marlins put Stanton up, and I think they will, they will be an aggressive seller. Just like the White Sox were with Sale. They have only paid Stanton 30 million of the deal that he signed with them. The contract is back loaded. Second, this year is a career year for Stanton. He has never been this before. You are buying high. A seller that is motivated, you can give up less than Bogie, Devers (who I wouldn't trade, off limits) and someone else. I would rather sign JD Martinez, who Dave D knows well from his Detroit days. free agent. Costs you no players. That would free me to trade JBJ for something involving a 1st baseman

I know what you were saying. I was jsut saying that farrell didn't have a 30 million dollar pitcher for 30 starts. Only 11.

Agreed.

Nunez didn’t play the last 3 weeks. You know that right?

His last 10 games he was healthy.
He was hurt. He was shutdown.

He played one game the last 3 weeks against Toronto and couldn’t finish the game.

Hanley has sucked this year but he is a threat. Nunez is not close to the threat Hanley is.

I know he was hurt. So they give it a whirl and he had one AB. It was worth a shot.

They didn’t overachieve.

That is LOL INSANE. Porcello loses 17 and Price is a non-factor. Hanley stunk pretty much all year round and Pedrioa missed a lot of time. And they still win 93. But didn't overachieve. Sorry my friend but that is asinine.

But he won 17 games.

That is LOL INSANE. Porcello loses 17 and Price is a non-factor. Hanley stunk pretty much all year round and Pedrioa missed a lot of time. And they still win 93. But didn't overachieve. Sorry my friend but that is asinine.
Pomeratz picked up Porcello.
They had the best reliever.

The team was favored to win the AL East.

They went 15-3 in extra innings.

That is clearly an outlier.
There is a lot of luck in that.

The lineup has been Punch and Judy all year long. They rode Sale early. Pomeratz was an ace after the Oakland start in May.

Rodriguez hurt and up and down.
Fister was hot in August.

The pitching and bullpen carried the team. However the lineup is not hitting enough.

Farrell had probably his best year this year but he still sucks as a manager and should be gone.

Bad managers don't go 15-3 in extras and win 20 one run games. Just doesn't happen.

Pomeratz picked up Porcello.
They had the best reliever.

The team was favored to win the AL East.

And they won it. Closers pitch one inning. Nice to have a great one but whole lot more involved in order to win games.

Bad managers don't go 15-3 in extras and win 20 one run games. Just doesn't happen.
Honestly whatever man.
John Farrell is not a good manager.

That wasn't why Marrero started game #2 And I didn't like Marrero starting either. But the reason he started was because the Sox, throwing a lefty, that increases the number of balls that will be hit to third. Farrell thought it was going to be a close game. He didn't want one of Dever's air mails to first costing them the game. Agree or disagree, that was the thinking.

Plus they were facing a lefty who is tough on lefties.

And they won it. Closers pitch one inning. Nice to have a great one but whole lot more involved in order to win games.
You forget in May and June when Farrell was using Kimbrel incorrectly to the degree Kimbrel had to talk about in the media.

Pomeratz and Sale being top 5 AL pitchers this year meant the team only had to be .500 the other 3 times our.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom