MLB offseason talk | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

MLB offseason talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he was so obsessed with Young that he left him off the postseason roster and then didn't play him in an elimination game. Okee-doke.
Chris Young started game 2.

The guy didn’t make the roster originally and then started game 2.

Farrell is awful. Grady Little was better.

Yeah Hanley had been lighting it up down the stretch.
The Red Sox lineup has little power and then you take out one of the power hitters.

Benching Hanley for game 1 was beyond stupid.

The game 2 lineup was a mid June lineup.
Not a playoff we have to freaking win this game lineup.
John Farrell sucks.

Chris Young started game 2.

The guy didn’t make the roster originally and then started game 2.

Farrell is awful. Grady Little was better.

But if he were so obsessed with getting Young ABs then why did he leave him off the postseason roster. He started Young in Game 2 because they were facing a lefty and didn't want to have so many lefties in the line-up. AB, JBJ and Devers already. So he benched Moreland.

You b*tch and moan about various players on the Red Sox and then criticize the manager when he wins 93 games. The NYY had a much higher run differential than the Sox and lost 23 one run games with a supposedly dominant bullpen. Does their manager suck?

The Red Sox lineup has little power and then you take out one of the power hitters.

Benching Hanley for game 1 was beyond stupid.

lol he played Nunez who was a 10x better hitter than Ramirez for the last six weeks of the season. Were u out of the country then?

Farrell is useless.

The team lacks power and if they aren’t all over Giancarlo Stanton they are stupid.

Bogaerts, Devers, and something else for Stanton.

The team is useless offensively. Also the manager is responsible for how stupid they are on the bases.

The lineup has talent but the manager blows.
They wouldn’t beat Houston if they had another manager but Devin bleeping Marrero and Chris Young who didn’t even make the roster originally wouldn’t be in the lineup in this must win game.

How Marrero isn’t anything more than defensive replacement in this
Must win game is utter stupidity.
If Farrell gets fired then atleast something has changed. The team needs a cultural change.
How many games do you think this Red Sox team should have won this year? They certainly don't have the talent that Cleveland and Houston have. They won 101 and 102. The Sox won 93. What? you think they should have won 95, 96? And that would make him a terrible manager? 5 years from now, if the next manager wins the division 3x and wins one world title, what would you think of that? I don't like Farrell as a manager. But you have to be fair. He has managed the bullpen very well. He juggled the line up pretty well this year. Hot guys move up. Cold guys move down. the Red Sox will look stupid if they fire a manager after two straight division titles. This is another example of Dave Dombrowski leaving a team lacking something to put them over the top. He did it with Detroit and he is doing that with the Red Sox.

But if he were so obsessed with getting Young ABs then why did he leave him off the postseason roster. He started Young in Game 2 because they were facing a lefty and didn't want to have so many lefties in the line-up. AB, JBJ and Devers already. So he benched Moreland.

You b*tch and moan about various players on the Red Sox and then criticize the manager when he wins 93 games. The NYY had a much higher run differential than the Sox and lost 23 one run games with a supposedly dominant bullpen. Does their manager suck?
Girardi made a mistake but the guy is a clear superior manager.

The talent on the Red Sox is why they won 93 games. The manager hurts way more than they help.

The only player I have bitched about is Pedroia. He blows.

Farrell needs to go.

The talent on the Red Sox is why they won 93 games. The manager hurts way more than they help.

Farrell needs to go.
Pedroia doesn't blow. That is ridiculous.

Farrell needs to go.

So the Sox had superior talent than the NYY.

My comment about Girardi wasn't with regard to the last game. I'm talking the season.

lol he played Nunez who was a 10x better hitter than Ramirez for the last six weeks of the season. Were u out of the country then?
Nunez was hurt.
Nunez was not hot. He was hot the first month then cooled down significantly.

Starting Nunez was stupid when the guy played one game the last 3 weeks and couldn’t even finish that game.

In a playoff game where HRs are way more important give me Hanley over Nunez.

Nunez wasn’t healthy and his game is predicated on speed which he clearly wasn’t going to have even if he played.

Pedroia doesn't blow. That is ridiculous.

Of course. The guy has been beyond banged up. I'm assuming Alsacs doesn't get Sox games down in Charlotte.

My comment about Girardi wasn't with regard to the last game. I'm talking the season.
Girardi over the season has been miles better than Farrell.

The Sox also had a 30 million dollar pitcher that they got 11 starts from. fair is fair. Farrell had a good year. If you talk to fans from other teams, they all bash their managers. except the Orioles fans I know. And Buck is the most overrated manager of my lifetime.

Of course. The guy has been beyond banged up. I'm assuming Alsacs doesn't get Sox games down in Charlotte.
Then why the heck is Pedroia in the 2 hole?
The 2 hole should be one of your best hitters.

Pedroia is banged up but even with that he is unclutch in the playoffs.

The guy is a singles hitter no pop.
Put him at the bottom of the lineup not top.

Pedroia is in the 2 hole and is hitting .209 in the playoffs since 2008.

What is .209?
Not good. I wouldn't be afraid to move him down. you wanted Nunez. Do you not understand that he doesn't cover the ground he stands on. One of the worst fielders in the history of the game. In NY, he didn't come close to catching a pop up that was right to him. Oh, and Pedroia is one of the reasons they make the playoffs as often as they do.

Then why the heck is Pedroia in the 2 hole?
The 2 hole should be one of your best hitters.

Pedroia is banged up but even with that he is unclutch in the playoffs.

The guy is a singles hitter no pop.
Put him at the bottom of the lineup not top.
Okay. How many games should this Red Sox team have won this year? Give me a number.

Nunez was hurt.
Nunez was not hot. He was hot the first month then cooled down significantly.

Starting Nunez was stupid when the guy played one game the last 3 weeks and couldn’t even finish that game.

In a playoff game where HRs are way more important give me Hanley over Nunez.

Nunez wasn’t healthy and his game is predicated on speed which he clearly wasn’t going to have even if he played.

Do u make sheet up? Hanley hit .214 for the month of September with 2 HRs. In his last 10 games Nunez hit. 330 with two dingers.

Do u make sheet up? Hanley hit .214 for the month of September with 2 HRs. In his last 10 games Nunez hit. 330 with two dingers.
And not for nothing< I'm not sure that Farrell has the final say on the starting line up. The front office on this team has a lot more power than they should have. That is true across the game but never more true than in Boston.

The Sox also had a 30 million dollar pitcher that they got 11 starts from. fair is fair. Farrell had a good year. If you talk to fans from other teams, they all bash their managers. except the Orioles fans I know. And Buck is the most overrated manager of my lifetime.

My point was only that the Sox achieved more than the NYY by winning close games. I think both managers did a good job but if he thinks Farrell blows then he must draw the same conclusion with Girardi.

The Red Sox lineup should be
1. Bientendi
2. Mookie
3. Devers
4. Ramirez
5. Moreland
6. Bogaerts
7. Vazquez
8. Pedroia
9. Bradley Jr.

And not for nothing< I'm not sure that Farrell has the final say on the starting line up. The front office on this team has a lot more power than they should have. That is true across the game but never more true than in Boston.

Quite possible.

My point was only that the Sox achieved more than the NYY by winning close games. I think both managers did a good job but if he thinks Farrell blows then he must draw the same conclusion with Girardi.
I know what you were saying. I was jsut saying that farrell didn't have a 30 million dollar pitcher for 30 starts. Only 11.

He does.

Farrell makes the lineup this isn’t a Billy Beane situation. Dombrowski knows the fanbase hates Farrell and has him as his scapegoat.

The Red Sox lineup should be
1. Bientendi
2. Mookie
3. Devers
4. Ramirez
5. Moreland
6. Bogaerts
7. Vazquez
8. Pedroia
9. Bradley Jr.
First, if you want to go that route, you put Mookie first. You want a left handed hitter second to make it easier to steal. Plus, mookie is the better baserunner.

Status
Not open for further replies.