MLB offseason talk | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

MLB offseason talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
All i wish is that MLB would fix the blackout rules so that I would actually watch Mets games in NY state without having to use illegal streams. I would gladly pay to watch it if that was even possible.
You lost me.

If u live in NYS, then you get SNY on your cable and you don’t have to buy Extra Innings.

Extra Innings is for the lost redsux fan living in NYS so he can watch them lose, it’s not for Mets and Yankees fans living in NYS.

Bettitani and his hair can go climb a wall. Get him on TB12 and keep his lousy prettyboy arse on lansdowne st.

Johnny Rodgers Jr means nothing to me.

For 1 year? Id take Betts. He’s good.

What I meant by that was 1 year of Gardner and then left is Frazier’s and I’m good with Hicks in Center. Both will be cheap for a while, Frazier for a long time.

Boston is the chalk in the AL East.

And everyone is chasing the Astros and Tribe.
Bientendi was 22 last year and went 20 HR/20 SB.

He comps with Grady Sizemore.
He is a stud.

Judge is 3 years older than Bientendi.
New York hits HRs but their rotation needs to be consistent.

Boston has a good OF its probably 2nd to the Yankees because Jeter gave you guys Stanton.
Without Stanton and JD Martinez included I would take Boston OF over NY Yankees OF.

Bientendi was 22 last year and went 20 HR/20 SB.

He comps with Grady Sizemore.
He is a stud.

Judge is 3 years older than Bientendi.
New York hits HRs but their rotation needs to be consistent.

Boston has a good OF its probably 2nd to the Yankees because Jeter gave you guys Stanton.
Without Stanton and JD Martinez included I would take Boston OF over NY Yankees OF.
Let’s not compare benatton to Judge.

He had a comparable year to Gardner, but without the clubhouse voice.

And Frazier may end up better.

Did u get Benedict his Veggie Boy yet?? I hear you can really taste the kale!!

You lost me.

If u live in NYS, then you get SNY on your cable and you don’t have to buy Extra Innings.

Extra Innings is for the lost redsux fan living in NYS so he can watch them lose, it’s not for Mets and Yankees fans living in NYS.

Except the games are not all on SNY.. 40+ games are on WPIX. There is no cable in my area nor in many areas of CNY.. So we have to get Directv or Dish. Directv does not carry WPIX thus no games to watch.

Much of my town/county has no internet either so even streaming isn't an option for some people. I at least have bad streaming.

My brother in Florida can watch every game but me in CNY cant..

Bettitani and his hair can go climb a wall. Get him on TB12 and keep his lousy prettyboy arse on lansdowne st.

Jackie Rodgers Jr means nothing to me.

For 1 year? Id take Betts. He’s good.

What I meant by that was 1 year of Gardner and then left is Frazier’s and I’m good with Hicks in Center. Both will be cheap for a while, Frazier for a long time.

Boston is the chalk in the AL East.

And everyone is chasing the Astros and Tribe.
I think there are 4 super teams in the A.L.. Didn't think I would see that with the Luxury tax and the revenue sharing.

Let’s not compare benatton to Judge.

He had a comparable year to Gardner, but without the clubhouse voice.

And Frazier may end up better.

Did u get Benedict his Veggie Boy yet?? I hear you can really taste the kale!!
I can see that there is no sense trying to talk baseball with you. Just fanboy stuff. Too bad.

I can see that there is no sense trying to talk baseball with you. Just fanboy stuff. Too bad.
Ha! Please.

My 1st 3 lines are pure, solid, baseball topics.

Why are we comparing a skinny Fluck with different skill sets to Judge?

And since we goin year to year, then yea, Gardner was better than bensimon.

Frazier, is obviously, quite debatable with nothing but time to tell us. He may not even be a Yankee.

The last line, was for alsacs.

And an absolutely, appropriate and fantastic Cheers reference that apparently nobody got.

It took me 2 or 3 posts to set that 1 up.

Ha! Please.

My 1st 3 lines are pure, solid, baseball topics.

Why are we comparing a skinny Fluck with different skill sets to Judge?

And since we goin year to year, then yea, Gardner was better than bensimon.

Frazier, is obviously, quite debatable with nothing but time to tell us. He may not even be a Yankee.

The last line, was for alsacs.

And an absolutely, appropriate and fantastic Cheers reference that apparently nobody got.

It took me 2 or 3 posts to set that 1 up.
Betts was 6th in the MVP last year.
It was a bad year for him.

Brett Gardner didn’t get a single vote for MVP.
How was Gardner better ?

Bientiendi has 1 less HR and 3 less SB than Gardner.

Bientiendi is also 12 years younger.

Sox have a loaded OF now with JD Martinez they could trade Jackie Bradley Jr. for something if they wanted to and they would get something helpful back.

Gardner wouldn’t fetch the same
For the Yankees.
The Yankees OF is a Judge in RF and most likely Judge at DH.

With Hicks, Gardner and my favorite Yankee Jacoby Ellsbury in a platoon and Frazier on the bench.

Betts was 6th in the MVP last year.
It was a bad year for him.

Brett Gardner didn’t get a single vote for MVP.
How was Gardner better ?

Bientiendi has 1 less HR and 3 less SB than Gardner.

Bientiendi is also 12 years younger.

Sox have a loaded OF now with JD Martinez they could trade Jackie Bradley Jr. for something if they wanted to and they would get something helpful back.

Gardner wouldn’t fetch the same
For the Yankees.
The Yankees OF is a Judge in RF and most likely Judge at DH.

With Hicks, Gardner and my favorite Yankee Jacoby Ellsbury in a platoon and Frazier on the bench.
I was comparing Gardner to bellisimo for just last year and this 1,as far as worth and value.

Of course buenovista is worth more in a trade.

Barring an injury, a trade of Dlsbury or a new found skill set to play 2B/3B...Frazier is going to get a better look at those coal mine museums this spring...

I’ve never wavered, Boston is the AL East chalk.

I was comparing Gardner to bellisimo for just last year and this 1,as far as worth and value.

Of course buenovista is worth more in a trade.

Barring an injury, a trade of Dlsbury or a new found skill set to play 2B/3B...Frazier is going to get a better look at those coal mine museums this spring...

I’ve never wavered, Boston is the AL East chalk.
I don’t think Boston is the favorite both teams are in the same range wins wise right now.

I don’t think Boston is the favorite both teams are in the same range wins wise right now.
Sale is difference.

Porcello and Pomeranz good.

Yankee SP very unpredictable.

Sale is difference.

Porcello and Pomeranz good.

Yankee SP very unpredictable.
Price? Both teams have new managers. Cora can't be worse than Farrell. The yankees new guy will have a tough job being better than Joe G..

Price? Both teams have new managers. Cora can't be worse than Farrell. The yankees new guy will have a tough job being better than Joe G..
Boone has 22 years worth of shoes to fill, Cora is closer to 1918 than recent titles. Both have mountains to climb.

Price is good v shlitty teams, yet horrible v the Yankees, v 60 year old tv announcers , 70 year old columnists and in the playoffs.

I ignored him with just cause.

Boone has 22 years worth of shoes to fill, Cora is closer to 1918 than recent titles. Both have mountains to climb.

Price is good v shlitty teams, yet horrible v the Yankees, v 60 year old tv announcers , 70 year old columnists and in the playoffs.

I ignored him with just cause.
The playoffs start in October. There are 162 games before them.

The playoffs start in October. There are 162 games before them.
Yes.

And the reason why the Yankees almost caught them, was because of him.

He wasn't healthy. He is now.
Well then for your sake I hope he sits in the dugout and not in the clubhouse listening to HOF pitchers say mean things.

This tells you baseball knows they have a problem and want to fix it but this would just be stupid and isn’t even serious to believe it’s being considered.
Rob Manfred is a baseball purist and would never entertain a ludicrous idea such as this for a second.

This tells you baseball knows they have a problem and want to fix it but this would just be stupid and isn’t even serious to believe it’s being considered.

I have a hard time believing it's being seriously considered. Pace of play changes - okay. But picking your batters changes the whole essence of the game after 150 years or whatever. Just insanity.

I can't believe this is actually a thing thats being considered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors