MLB offseason talk | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

MLB offseason talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry is out of touch.
He looks down on his fans.
This team isn’t likable. JD fits a need but the fanbase hates the team.
that makes 2 fanbases then.

I’d say the only sux who would make the Yankees is Bogarts...at second.

So what does everyone think about the pace of play rule changes? I think it's a step in the right direction, particularly the mound visits and the shorter commercial breaks.
I think pitch/hit clocks are fine, but I don’t like the mound meeting limit.

I’m fine with the manager/pitching coach limit, but not for the catcher and position guys. If they can get it done within that ‘shot’ clock...then so be it.

Mookie Betts is one of the 10 best position players in baseball. 2 Gold Gloves last 2 years. He would start on any team.

Him and Judge have finished 2nd in the MVP the last 2 years.

I have no clue who the Yankees 3rd basemen is but Devers is better than whatever is Andujar.
Devers is a 25-35 HR guy.

Red Sox have a good team. They are just aren’t likable.
Red Sox have the better rotation.
Yankees lineup is the best in baseball and they have a deep bullpen.

Mookie Betts is one of the 10 best position players in baseball. 2 Gold Gloves last 2 years. He would start on any team.

I have no clue who the Yankees 3rd basemen is but Devers is better than whatever is Andujar.

You're not likeable!

Henry is out of touch.
He looks down on his fans.
This team isn’t likable. JD fits a need but the fanbase hates the team.
He is a great owner. If they need something, he buys it. The fan base hates this team because of David Price. He hates the fans. it's tough to root for someone that is still holding a grudge from when he played for another team. 3 world titles in 15 + years.

Yankees may be putting Torres at third? Possible he's better than Devers.

Betts is obviously awesome. JD martinez is pretty good too.

If they were to combine teams like it was legion baseball, it would be interesting to see that battle between Severino and Grey for the 5th starter spot after Sale, price, Porcello and Pomerantz.

Last edited by a moderator:

The yankee bull pen is VERY over rated.

How many games did they blow last year?
They got a deep bullpen
Chapman
Robertson
Green
Kahnle
Betances

That is 5 guys who are studs. If one sucks the team is fine with 4.

I have no idea. How many? They were third in bull pen era, and they weren't getting full seasons out of Kahnle and Robertson.

They got a deep bullpen
Chapman
Robertson
Green
Kahnle
Betances

That is 5 guys who are studs. If one sucks the team is fine with 4.
I would hold off on the Robertson and Kahnle as studs. Let's see what Green does this year. Chapman and Betances have stud ability. It doesn't always translate on the mound.

Bullpens are notoriously unreliable in general, guys go from awesome to meh from year to year. The Yankee bullpen headed into the season looks lights out.

I would hold off on the Robertson and Kahnle as studs. Let's see what Green does this year. Chapman and Betances have stud ability. It doesn't always translate on the mound.

Kahnle and Green I get. David Robertson has been good for a long time though.

About 13.

8 or 9 by clippard and very few after the deadline.

Mostly by betances, who no longer is locked into the 8th with all the new arms.

Bettts is good, but I’m ok wit Hicks and Gardner/Frazier.

Wonder where donaldson and stroman end up. Sigh.

About 13.

Betts is good? Do you watch baseball? He is a great outfielder who finished second in the MVP just two years ago.

About 13.

last year Chapman had 4 blown saves and Kahnle had 6. I don't know how many of Tommy's blown saves were with the White Sox. I doubt it was many because they didn't lead that often and Robertson was their closer. Dillin B had 3 on his own ball.

Betts is good? Do you watch baseball? He is a great outfielder who finished second in the MVP just two years ago.
I watch a lot of Yankee baseball, which means at least 19 redsux games a year, but your boy hit 54 points lower last year. Who is he? He’s good. Maybe very good.

I’d still rather have Hicks and Gardner for a year and then Frazier.

As for the bullpen, Chapman had a rough go when it was clear the wear & tear Madden rightfully used him for was showing. After a spell, he was good again.

If you’re pinning the season on Betts and the Yankee bullpen faltering, well...enjoy the beach. I’ll ship you a bottle of whiskey and see you in the fall for football and to revisit this.

I watch a lot of Yankee baseball, which means at least 19 redsux games a year, but your boy hit 54 points lower last year. Who is he? He’s good. Maybe very good.

As for the bullpen, Chapman had a rough go when it was clear the wear & tear Madden rightfully used him for was showing. After a spell, he was good again.

If you’re pinning the season on Betts and the Yankee bullpen faltering, well...enjoy the beach. I’ll ship you a bottle of whiskey and see you in the fall for football and to revisit this.
I know you hate the Sox but if Cashman could have Betts in his OF he would say yes in a cocaine minute over Hicks/Gardner/Frazier.

Betts is an elite defender, has pop and speed.

Last year was the toxicity of the Red Sox clubhouse and the philosophy to be passive and take pitches instead of attacking. Plus the manager didn’t put him in onc spot he moved him around in the order and had little protection.

Yankees are probably slightly better but the division isn’t a lock. Both teams should win 90-95 games.

Mookie Betts is awesome. Come on.

Held his K rate super low, upped his walk rate. Babip was probably unsustainably low. And even then, he was a 5 WAR player

Wow. You don't know much about baseball if you think that. To say you would rather have Hicks and Gardner for a year over Betts? Those two don't compare to Andrew B or JBJ Jr. Let alone Betts.

All i wish is that MLB would fix the blackout rules so that I would actually watch Mets games in NY state without having to use illegal streams. I would gladly pay to watch it if that was even possible.

All i wish is that MLB would fix the blackout rules so that I would actually watch Mets games in NY state without having to use illegal streams. I would gladly pay to watch it if that was even possible.

Their blackout policy sucks. I thought they had improved it, but in researching, maybe I made that up?

Wow. You don't know much about baseball if you think that. To say you would rather have Hicks and Gardner for a year over Betts? Those two don't compare to Andrew B or JBJ Jr. Let alone Betts.
Bettitani and his hair can go climb a wall. Get him on TB12 and keep his lousy prettyboy arse on lansdowne st.

Jackie Rodgers Jr means nothing to me.

For 1 year? Id take Betts. He’s good.

What I meant by that was 1 year of Gardner and then left is Frazier’s and I’m good with Hicks in Center. Both will be cheap for a while, Frazier for a long time.

Boston is the chalk in the AL East.

And everyone is chasing the Astros and Tribe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors