MLB offseason talk | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

MLB offseason talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
A more experienced player would shorten his swing and just look to make contact, but Cody is looking to take it out on every swing.

It's just who he (and a lot of guys in this day and age) are as a hitter. He was second (he was, right?) In the league in HR and only played 132 games.
I'm also surprised, his K rate isn't quite as high as I would have thought. It's bad, but there were 15 guys who struck out more often than him.

He also saved them with a great scoop in maybe the 7th inning? It all blends together.

Game 7! I want to see Kershaw come in tonight.
we'll see Wood before we see Kershaw. I think Roberts will hold back Kersh in case of extra innings and to avoid having to use Kenley for another 6 out save.
Ideally, something like 9 outs from Yu, 6 outs from Wood, 5 outs from Maeda, 3 outs from Morrow; throw in Watson somewhere in there for a situational out or two. Then Clayton and Kenley to close it out

we'll see Wood before we see Kershaw. I think Roberts will hold back Kersh in case of extra innings and to avoid having to use Kenley for another 6 out save.
Ideally, something like 9 outs from Yu, 6 outs from Wood, 5 outs from Maeda, 3 outs from Morrow; throw in Watson somewhere in there for a situational out or two. Then Clayton and Kenley to close it out

I'm thinking Kershaw is good for 2 innings? So you plan on getting the final 9 outs from Kershaw/Kenley in some order.

McCullers is the most nervous pitcher I have ever seen in a big game.
Man he can’t locate.
Hinch needs to pull him quick.

McCullers is the most nervous pitcher I have ever seen in a big game.
Man he can’t locate.
Hinch needs to pull him quick.

Still more effective than Darvish.

DMwn7tAVwAA57zI.jpg

the only dodger feeling anything other than sadness tonight is adrian gonzalez, who must be experiencing schadenfreude over bellinger's disastrous series

The Dodgers couldn't afford to give up free baserunners in such a tight series, but now that it is over: I hope they face the 'Stros in spring training and someone puts a hard one right into Yuli Gurriel's ribs.

The Dodgers couldn't afford to give up free baserunners in such a tight series, but now that it is over: I hope they face the 'Stros in spring training and someone puts a hard one right into Yuli Gurriel's ribs.
Won't happen. Dodgers play in the Cactus League in Arizona. Astros train in FL.

Won't happen. Dodgers play in the Cactus League in Arizona. Astros train in FL.

They do play each other next August in LA as part of interleague play though. It’s a long way off but the Dodgers will get that opportunity next season.

I'm not saying I am totally in favor of throwing at guys, but I did wonder if the game got out of hand on Wednesday if someone would have buzzed Gurriel.

My predictions in bold. Remember voting is submitted before the postseason.

AL MVP
I think Judge's slump in the 2nd half hurts him so Altuve wins for overall consistent year.

NL MVP
I think Stanton wins for his pursuit of 60 but very close between him and Goldschmidt.

AL Cy Young
Wouldn't be surprised to see Sale win either.

NL Cy Young
Think this will come down to Kershaw and Scherzer. Wouldn't be shocked to see Scherzer win either.

AL Rookie of the Year
Duh

NL Rookie of the Year
Another duh

NL Manager of the Year
  • Bud Black, Rockies
  • Torey Lovullo, Diamondbacks
  • Dave Roberts, Dodgers
AL Manager of the Year
  • Terry Francona, Indians
  • A.J. Hinch, Astros
  • Paul Molitor, Twins

Do we plan on just re-naming this thread for the offseason or creating a new one?

Think I agree with almost all of those award picks. Though I think Goldy might squeeze past Stanton.

Charlie Blackman over Joey Votto in the top 3 for NL MVP is the only change I make.

Think I agree with almost all of those award picks. Though I think Goldy might squeeze past Stanton.

That was my toughest one to decide on. A strong case can be made for either one. Goldschmidt has some speed on the basepaths that Stanton doesn't have and the team success might push him over the top.

That was my toughest one to decide on. A strong case can be made for either one. Goldschmidt has some speed on the basepaths that Stanton doesn't have and the team success might push him over the top.

Funny too, because I was going on fangraphs yesterday and just sorting by WAR to get an idea of where guys stood; Goldy was 10th in the NL in WAR. Now granted, the difference between him at 5.3 and Corey Seager, who was 7th at 5.7, is essentially meaningless, but still, was a little interesting.

Anthony Rendon actually lead the league in WAR, he had a hell of a year.

Funny too, because I was going on fangraphs yesterday and just sorting by WAR to get an idea of where guys stood; Goldy was 10th in the NL in WAR. Now granted, the difference between him at 5.3 and Corey Seager, who was 7th at 5.7, is essentially meaningless, but still, was a little interesting.

Anthony Rendon actually lead the league in WAR, he had a hell of a year.

Totally right about Rendon. He was my fantasy steal this year who made me look a lot smarter than I actually am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom