MLB Postseason thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

MLB Postseason thread

The bullpen game strategy is not working that well so far in the games I have seen this postseason

Indians pull Carrasco around 80 pitches (2 men on in the 6th, 1 out, and still pitching a shutout) to bring in Miller who stinks up the joint. May cost them game.

I hate David Price. If only we had a pitcher with a sub 2 ERA at Fenway Park in the rotation.
Oh wait both Eovaldi and Porcello do?
Great.

I hate David Price. If only we had a pitcher with a sub 2 ERA at Fenway Park in the rotation.
Great.

Having Price anywhere near the Yankees just doesn't seem like a great move at this point.

Great.
One of them can go game 5 if it goes back to Fenway. Figure Sale will go in the must win game 4 at YS.

That POS was sarcastic and tipped his cap when he was pulled. Price should be gone tomorrow.
His teams are 0-9 in his 9 postseason starts.

Price to the playoffs is like Tiger to the Ryder Cup. It's just hard to understand.

Obviously Price was never Tiger and it is no longer great now, but there have been at least a handful of those losses when he was a strong Cy-Young candidate level pitcher.

While not as bad as Price, Kershaw has had the playoff bug and so did Greg Maddux IIRC.

Price to the playoffs is like Tiger to the Ryder Cup. It's just hard to understand.

Obviously Price was never Tiger and it is no longer great now, but there have been at least a handful of those losses when he was a strong Cy-Young candidate level pitcher.

While not as bad as Price, Kershaw has had the playoff bug and so did Greg Maddux IIRC.
Price was a cy young winner. Not just candidate.

How do you let leon hit in the 5th when you have 3 catchers???? Why carry 3 if you aren't going to hit for him in that spot? Not to mention leaving your hottest hitter on the bench for Ian K. who has slumped badly. SMH

Price was a cy young winner. Not just candidate.

Never claimed he wasn't a Cy Young winner.

Just said that he lost in multiple years where he was a strong candidate (implying elite pitcher). That captures years that he won or lost.

Last edited:
Buehler walked the pitcher on 4 straight with the bases loaded. Then gave up a grand slam. Holy rattled.

SMH. First and second with nobody out and Muncy, Manny, and Dozier just swing and miss at every pitch. Manny had a particularly horrible at bat.

Give up 4 hits and lose 6-5.

SMH. First and second with nobody out and Muncy, Manny, and Dozier just swing and miss at every pitch. Manny had a particularly horrible at bat.

Give up 4 hits and lose 6-5.

I was stunned Vizcaino got my Braves out of that situation. I was definitely just hoping no worse than tie game. But that seems to be how he rolls - gives Braves fans a heart attack but usually gets the job done.

Braves are going with Foltynewicz on short rest for the first time in his career. Good news is he only threw 50 pitches in Game 1. Braves will need some innings from him today. They used the bullpen like crazy last night. Thought Snitker had a bit of a short leash on Newcomb with a 5 run lead, although he has fallen apart quickly in some games this year. Then getting only 2 more innings from Gausman really hurt.

I was stunned Vizcaino got my Braves out of that situation. I was definitely just hoping no worse than tie game. But that seems to be how he rolls - gives Braves fans a heart attack but usually gets the job done.

Braves are going with Foltynewicz on short rest for the first time in his career. Good news is he only threw 50 pitches in Game 1. Braves will need some innings from him today. They used the bullpen like crazy last night. Thought Snitker had a bit of a short leash on Newcomb with a 5 run lead, although he has fallen apart quickly in some games this year. Then getting only 2 more innings from Gausman really hurt.

With the bullpen situation, the Dodgers better depth, and a 2-1 series lead...they would appear to be in good shape.

But if you looked at the fact that the Braves starter didn’t even go 3, and they only had 4 hits, you’d think they should’ve won yesterday too.

The rookie Buehler lost his poise after the error for a couple minutes and it turned into walking in a run and a grand slam where the threw it right down the middle, after throwing like 10 straight balls.

Hell he should’ve walked in two runs, I think the ump gave him a pity strike on a 3-0 count before the grand slam.

Other than those couple disastrous at bats, Buehler was quite good.

Baseball can be weird.

With the bullpen situation, the Dodgers better depth, and a 2-1 series lead...they would appear to be in good shape.

But if you looked at the fact that the Braves starter didn’t even go 3, and they only had 4 hits, you’d think they should’ve won yesterday too.

The rookie Buehler lost his poise after the error for a couple minutes and it turned into walking in a run and a grand slam where the threw it right down the middle, after throwing like 10 straight balls.

Hell he should’ve walked in two runs, I think the ump gave him a pity strike on a 3-0 count before the grand slam.

Other than those couple disastrous at bats, Buehler was quite good.

Baseball can be weird.

Yeah that pity strike was something else. To be honest, I thought one of the first three pitches was a strike so I thought the ump may have been making up for it, but that wasn't even really borderline.

Sigh. Even mentioning it has me rehashing it over and over in my head from the 90’s.

This plus the GT students constant airball chant has me convinced that people from Atlanta are really annoying.

This plus the GT students constant airball chant has me convinced that people from Atlanta are really annoying.

Though, nice touch giving their young team a hand after the loss. They had a great season for such a young team.

Angel Hernandez is money.

Peter Gammons tweet:

Thankfully Angel Hernandez wasn't in on Brown v. Board of Education. It would have been overturned

Angel Hernandez is money.

Peter Gammons tweet:

Thankfully Angel Hernandez wasn't in on Brown v. Board of Education. It would have been overturned
LOL That is great

10 runs and none of them off home runs... in 2018? Wow.

i find this as American as apple pie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom