MLB Postseason thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MLB Postseason thread

Joe Torre Era Yankees fans don’t do that.
The Red Sox have moved onto the minds of Yankees fans. Just like pre-04 Red Sox fans cared about the Yankees.
Eh. Yankee fans viewed the Wild Card as a necessary annoyance. The Yankees needed to get it out of the way so real postseason baseball could begin and the fans in the Stadium last night were impatient for it to start Notice that there was no disrespect thrown towards the Red Sox by the fans. Just "cmon let's get this thing started".

Joe Torre Era Yankees fans don’t do that.

The Red Sox have moved onto the minds of Yankees fans. Just like pre-04 Red Sox fans cared about the Yankees.
No

Even the Torre era Yankee fans want the redsux to go back where they belong...

And that’s Done with Championships for this Century.

CC is all set to gun one at Mookie.

One last point the Yankees fans chanting “We want Boston” for this Red Sox fan was amazing. Never did I thing we would see the day after the 90s that Yankees fans would validate the stupid “Yankees suck” chant we used to see at Fenway.
The Red Sox are viewed by Yankees fans as equal bullies and the Little brother/Big Brother stuff is gone.
I mean I sorta get it as the Red Sox have 3 titles the last 13 years but from Yankees fans it was shocking.
They were acknowledging the Red Sox as something I didn’t expect.

Should be a series like tennis first team to break the other on the road we will.
If the Yankees split at Fenway it will be Yankees in 4.
If Boston goes up 2-0 I expect Sale to win in 5.

They chanted Yankees suck during the fourth quarter at Gillette last night.

They chanted Yankees suck during the fourth quarter at Gillette last night.
Red Sox fans who do that are pathetic and I have never claimed they wouldn’t.
We were ones with the inferiority complex. I was just showing now Yankees fans are doing it towards Boston.

Now that's a hook. May be a good move, maybe not but wow the game has really changed in the last few years.

Red Sox fans who do that are pathetic and I have never claimed they wouldn’t.
We were ones with the inferiority complex. I was just showing now Yankees fans are doing it towards Boston.

This is a big fat weird reach.

Both fanbases have hated each other longer than you’ve been alive.

Last inning was 40 minutes. Hate them both,

Last inning was 40 minutes. Hate them both,
Every batter it seems like is getting to 3 balls.
This bullpen sans Kimbrel of the Red Sox is so bad it’s beyond frustrating.

Good thing the Sox made sure to take out Sale after 93 pitches. The rest of the pen has been much more effective.

The Astros won the World Series with a pretty craptastic bullpen last year... so it can be done.

Bases loaded no outs has to be more than 1 run. That’s a huge win for Boston. Ugh.

giphy.gif

Me watching this Red Sox bullpen.

Bases loaded no outs has to be more than 1 run. That’s a huge win for Boston. Ugh.

I hate being that guy, and I hope he shows me up later, but Stanton is just sucking. Total choke job.

If Joe Kelly pitches the 8th inning Red Sox fans will make the Kavanaugh protest look a nothing burger.
It will be mass hysteria.

So frustrating.
Sox are better, but yanks had plenty of chances tonight. Lot of full counts but never quite had that big hit they needed that plated 2+. Think ny takes game 2.

Good thing the Sox made sure to take out Sale after 93 pitches. The rest of the pen has been much more effective.

Sox pen sucks but Sale hasn't thrown anywhere near 93 pitches in several weeks. You could tell when he left the mound that he had no problem with it.

Sox are better, but yanks had plenty of chances tonight. Lot of full counts but never quite had that big hit they needed that plated 2+. Think ny takes game 2.
I don't think they can survive with this pen.

I pretty much considered everything gravy once my Braves made the postseason. I lied. I would like to at least score a run.

I pretty much considered everything gravy once my Braves made the postseason. I lied. I would like to at least score a run.
Braves are a year ahead of schedule. The dodgers are a terrible matchup for you. Enjoy the fact that you made the playoffs.

When the Sox B team swept the Braves I wasn’t high on these Bra es this year.
They should be real spenders this year in FA both them and the Phillies both should be real good.
Braves just look like they have zero e energy.
I didn’t want the Braves to be swept but honestly it was my easy prediction for this year.

When the Sox B team swept the Braves I wasn’t high on these Bra es this year.
They should be real spenders this year in FA both them and the Phillies both should be real good.
Braves just look like they have zero e energy.
I didn’t want the Braves to be swept but honestly it was my easy prediction for this year.

Free agency should be interesting. Markakis has had a great year but he's not getting any younger. Would like to resign the Suzuki/Flowers catching combo at a reasonable price. They've been solid but not quite as good as last year. Anibal Sanchez has had a solid year. If we don't resign him, I'd like to get another veteran or two starting pitcher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom