MLB thread for non-Red Sox and Yankees fans | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

MLB thread for non-Red Sox and Yankees fans

Pedro hit Jeter leading off for years, then would hit Posada his 2nd or 3rd time up.

Torre had too much class to respond, but if the Yankees ever looked at papi wrong, the sux and their lapdog media would have an absolute shlitfit.
Y
Pedro hit Jeter leading off for years, then would hit Posada his 2nd or 3rd time up.

Torre had too much class to respond, but if the Yankees ever looked at papi wrong, the sux and their lapdog media would have an absolute shlitfit.
I guess that class is all gone now. Drill a guy in the head and then pretend like it wasn’t exactly what it was.
Also the guys Pedro hit leaned over the plate. Pedro protected the inside.

Y

I guess that class is all gone now. Drill a guy in the head and then pretend like it wasn’t exactly what it was.
That slipped.

Random tigers don’t matter.

I want Betts and Martinez to eat dirt.

Utter chickenbleep from Miami pitcher Jose Urena. First pitch to Acuna nailed him on the elbow. He clearly threw at him. Blatant, deliberate, and he perhaps injured one of baseball's best young players. You could hear the sound of the ball hitting the elbow.

Granted I'm a Braves fan but that was chickenbleep for sure. I don't mind pitching inside - that's part of baseball. But that was blatant, Another good thing about the NL - Urena will eventually have to get in the batters box himself.

That slipped.

Random tigers don’t matter.

I want Betts and Martinez to eat dirt.
Joe Torre showed what he was when A-Rod blatantly knocked the ball out of Arroyo’s hand and Torre yelled at the umpires for getting it right.

It was an obvious call and Torre acted like his team was robbed. All class. Yankee dugout started throwing baseball on the field and the Riot squad had to be called in.
All class.

Last edited:
Looked like all class to me.

Torre went out to defend his player, like he should have.

Don’t know about any balls being thrown on the field but did they throw out the 1B for impeding the runners path to 1st??

What was he doing??

Betts, Martinez...chin music.

STAT

Don’t know about any balls being thrown on the field but did they throw out the 1B for impeding the runners path to 1st??

What was he doing??

STAT

Joe Torre went to a great high school but he can eat it and the bs piinstripe class nonsense.

Roger Clemens could’ve killed Mike Piazza. Just walk the guy.

Joe Torre went to a great high school but he can eat it and the bs piinstripe class nonsense.

Roger Clemens could’ve killed Mike Piazza. Just walk the guy.
Heat of the moment reaction.

Tell that great dodger to man up.

I wish Torre would have had a little less class and at least tried to bunt and make Schilling field the ball in the WWE blade job sock game

Yeah, he must have hit him at least once. You know, the one we all remember.

What was he doing??

STAT
yeah, that door doesn't swing both ways. If the yanks had anyone as good as Betts andf martinez, we could hit them. Instead we will have to settle for Didi and judge. If he ever comes back. Dirt. Glorious.

yeah, that door doesn't swing both ways. If the yanks had anyone as good as Betts andf martinez, we could hit them. Instead we will have to settle for Didi and judge. If he ever comes back. Dirt. Glorious.
People forget what the downfall of Nomar was.
Which was getting drilled in the wrist by Al Reyes.
He came back but that injury hurt his bat speed and it took a lot of to comeback.
Judge needs to take his time and make sure he doesn’t rush back or it hurt him long term.

People forget what the downfall of Nomar was.
Which was getting drilled in the wrist by Al Reyes.
He came back but that injury hurt his bat speed and it took a lot of to comeback.
Judge needs to take his time and make sure he doesn’t rush back or it hurt him long term.
People also forget why Pedro hit Jeter that time. Clemens had hit Millar a day or so earlier. I guess that was okay.

People also forget why Pedro hit Jeter that time. Clemens had hit Millar a day or so earlier. I guess that was okay.
Kaiser ignores the fact Clemens drilled Piazza in the head because of how much Piazza owned him.

Pedro protected the inside of the plate.
Jeter and Knoblauch got drilled a lot because they dove over the plate to try and cut the plate in half. Youkilis did for the Sox.

Kaiser ignores the fact Clemens drilled Piazza in the head because of how much Piazza owned him.

Pedro protected the inside of the plate.
Jeter and Knoblauch got drilled a lot because they dove over the plate to try and cut the plate in half. Youkilis did for the Sox.
kaiser just doesn't understand, as far as the Red Sox and the Yanks, there are good people on both sides.

kaiser just doesn't understand, as far as the Red Sox and the Yanks, there are good people on both sides.
Tell that to Munson, Nettles and Pinella

Tell that to Munson, Nettles and Pinella
No. I agree. They were awful people. My favorite story on the captain. I am standing next to a little boy and he says to Munson we are going to beat you today Thurman. Munson turns to the kid and says eat crap (not the word he used). Classy guy.

No. I agree. They were awful people. My favorite story on the captain. I am standing next to a little boy and he says to Munson we are going to beat you today Thurman. Munson turns to the kid and says eat crap (not the word he used). Classy guy.
Classic Munson.

Love it.

And in front of 35k or whatever and in live National TV, we get this...

1534449422254.jpeg

And in front of 35k or whatever and in live National TV, we get this...

View attachment 137385
I'm sure a lot of people saw that. And by a lot I mean no one other than the guy taking the picture. And that isn't the same as telling a little boy to eat crap. Once again, not the word he used.

We finally agree. Telling a little boy to eat crap is classic Munson. A truly big piece of crap.
It’s funny and you know it.

Munson by all accounts, was a grumpy SOB.

It feeds into the all NYers are bad folk for you chowdaheads.

The Captain did that boy, his Dad and 50 year old you...a favor.

Last edited:
Y

Pedro drilled batters intentionally and repeatedly, and then stared them down immediately afterward. And he wasn't the only Sox pitcher known to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom