MLB thread for non-Red Sox and Yankees fans | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

MLB thread for non-Red Sox and Yankees fans

Good luck with that, guys step out after every pitch to readjust their batting gloves (I'm waiting for a pitcher to hurt themselves with they suddenly pull up in their delivery). And it's a pace of play clock, not a game clock.
Along with your other many faults, too numerous to mention, are you a Mets fan? And if you are, I predict that after having the D.H. for a few years, you will crawl back and say dasher, oh wise man, I was wrong. I love the D.H.

The N.L. is winning this year for the first time in about 17 years. Winning has more to do with attendance than anything else. There are races in the N.L.. In the A.L., they have great teams at the top. It really isn't that complicated.
The entire AL Central beyond Cleveland is crap.
Tampa never draws.
Toronto typically draws better but they are out of it this year.
Baltimore is a bandwagon city.

The AL is a 6 team league this year.
The NL is completely wide open.
Attendance isn’t why the NL game is better.

Along with your other many faults, too numerous to mention, are you a Mets fan? And if you are, I predict that after having the D.H. for a few years, you will crawl back and say dasher, oh wise man, I was wrong. I love the D.H.

I'm a Nats season ticket holder. Rooting for the Wilpons is actually worse than rooting for the Lerners. And yes the group tickets are in my name so I run up a charge with AMEX before I pay it down. It's how things are done in these parts.

You'll wear a MAGA hat before I like the DH.

I'm a Nats season ticket holder. Rooting for the Wilpons is actually worse than rooting for the Lerners. And yes the group tickets are in my name so I run up a charge with AMEX before I pay it down. It's how things are done in these parts.

That last line, I would take that bet any day of the week for any amount.

By the way, Harper is the most overrated player in all of baseball. You can have him. and while I think Manny Machado is a terrific player, he is also a product of a great hitters ball park.

You watch the Nats-Cubs Sunday? Wilson Contreras did it multiple times to Ryan Madson and he was granted it every single time.

Frankly the game would be better if they just dropped interleague or contained it to 1 or two regional games at most.
you know, I watched it and didn't care who won. But after this conversation.... just kidding

By the way, Harper is the most overrated player in all of baseball. You can have him. and while I think Manny Machado is a terrific player, he is also a product of a great hitters ball park.

Bryce is a conundrum for sure. Not an elite fielder (great arm) and has lost hitting for average. Power numbers and walks are there. Playing well now, helps the rest of that offense (doesn't get the pen healthy). Played better when going gap to gap.

He's far better off here where fans are basically nice as opposed to going to a real baseball town where he'll get eaten up.

you know, I watched it and didn't care who won. But after this conversation... just kidding

Ironically Bote was PHing for the pitcher's slot. Your way they'd still be running Andre Dawson out there.

Ironically Bote was PHing for the pitcher's slot. Your way they'd still be running Andre Dawson out there.
why didn't they let the pitcher hit? I mean, since its' such a great idea

Is Bryce Harper a top 5 OF?

I would put
Trout, Betts, Judge, Stanton are better for sure. Then it’s a debate between Blackmon, Harper. I would give it to Harper but he isn’t as good as the top 3.

I would put
Trout, Betts, Judge, Stanton are better for sure. Then it’s a debate between Blackmon, Harper. I would give it to Harper but he isn’t as good as the top 3.

The guy in LF in DC might be better - at lease 250 million dollars cheaper for the next 7 years.

I would put
Harper is a horrible outfielder. There are a lot of outfielders I would take in front of him. He has the hype. but at the end of the day, it's about winning.

You watch the Nats-Cubs Sunday? Wilson Contreras did it multiple times to Ryan Madson and he was granted it every single time.

Frankly the game would be better if they just dropped interleague or contained it to 1 or two regional games at most.

You're funny. Watching the Nats-Cubs? Nahhhh

The ref should be disciplined then.

New baseball rules should speed up games

Ronald Acuna has hit a leadoff HR in 3 straight games - 2 yesterday and 1 today and homered in 5 straight games overall. En fuego!

Ronald Acuna has hit a leadoff HR in 3 straight games - 2 yesterday and 1 today and homered in 5 straight games overall. En fuego!
He wants to beat out Juan Soto for ROY.

I liked this thread better when we were crushing pitchers hitting than when debating how pathetic Harper is.

Pitchers hitting is stupid, and so is interleague every day of the season.

I’d like to go back to AL\NL but with both having the DH.

See you in the World Series.

Same rules for 4 out of 7... except now with both teams built for it.

I liked this thread better when we were crushing pitchers hitting than when debating how pathetic Harper is.

Pitchers hitting is stupid, and so is interleague every day of the season.

I’d like to go back to AL\NL but with both having the DH.

See you in the World Series.

Same rules for 4 out of 7... except now with both teams built for it.

You of course are in favor of the fat guys sitting in AC taking BP during games while everyone else works.

They should re-open the league offices and bring back that oversized chest protector for the umps.

Guys who can throw and catch and play in the field, you know, baseball players.

Steriod era post from you.

mark-mcgwire-simpsons-quote-dingers-baseball-mlb-sports-1355019699.jpg

You of course are in favor of the fat guys sitting in AC taking BP during games while everyone else works.

They should re-open the league offices and bring back that oversized chest protector for the umps.
1534373025026.jpeg

They also helped as a people buffer...

1534373115042.jpeg

Utter chickenbleep from Miami pitcher Jose Urena. First pitch to Acuna nailed him on the elbow. He clearly threw at him. Blatant, deliberate, and he perhaps injured one of baseball's best young players. You could hear the sound of the ball hitting the elbow.

Utter chickenbleep from Miami pitcher Jose Urena. First pitch to Acuna nailed him on the elbow. He clearly threw at him. Blatant, deliberate, and he perhaps injured one of baseball's best young players. You could hear the sound of the ball hitting the elbow.

Yep, especially when he walked 15 steps toward him, stared him down, and then tossed his glove like a hockey player. It was just like seeing Pedro Martinez again. :D

Ronald Acuna Jr. hit by pitch leading off game

Yep, especially when he walked 15 steps toward him, stared him down, and then tossed his glove like a hockey player. It was just like seeing Pedro Martinez again. :D

Ronald Acuna Jr. hit by pitch leading off game
Pedro hit Jeter leading off for years, then would hit Posada his 2nd or 3rd time up.

Torre had too much class to respond, but if the Yankees ever looked at papi wrong, the sux and their lapdog media would have an absolute shlitfit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom