Monday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Monday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Recruiting

7875d1314555270-dajuan.jpg

6’8 C Dajuan Coleman is a BIG body. While he may not be the tallest tree in the forest, when he falls and no one is around, he definitely makes a sound. Coach Calipari has done well in the past with thick Centers like Dorsey and Cousins, so Dujan should feel comfortable in Cal’s system. It would be such an advantage to have a bruiser down low to bang with the other nation’s best centers. Its always good to have some meat down low. Will UK get him? While I think UK’s chances are good, for some reason I think he will decide to go to Syracuse. He is a huge fan of Carmello and wants to give back to his old neighborhood one day. The only negative about Syracuse is they don’t have a history of developing big men quickly (see Rick Jackson and Fab Melo). So UK has a shot, but I think Syracuse has a built in advantage
NOB

Former Orangemen

With Leo and Andy Rautins on board, Canada goes after berth in ...

Around The Big East

Player has to give up scholly for Drummond

University News

Connective Corridor | Roadwork on campus continues

Around CNY

Tiger Woods visits Turning Stone Wednesday for NB3 Challenge

SU Women's Hoops

Catching Up with Fantasia Goodwin

Didn't develop Rick Jackson? And Fab Melo has been here for like 10 minutes.

You can't make up a bigger boneheaded, uninformed opinion.

Blah Blah blabber blabber open mouth, insert foot. What a stoopid article.

UMM who did Kentucky QUICKLY develop?Demarcus Cousins who was physically ready for the NBA when he was a high school junior?
I'm sure Calipari would have made Fab a 1st team All-American by now.

Cal 'developed' Orton. ***crickets***. We'll see about how successful he is.

He 'developed' Harrellson, who was a fifth year, I think, in three years. Yawn.

Beyond that, he's never had anyone but skinny guys. Marcus Camby and Lou Roe are about the only other guys of note. A beanpole and a small PF who didn't last in the NBA.

Yeah, Cal develops big guys, for sure. Whatever.

Joey Dorsey averaged 4 points and 6 boards in his freshman year, so not sure how quickly he was developed. For what it's worth, Rick averaged 4 and 3. In any case, this obviously has no impact on the DC2 recruitment.

Bradley can only get financial aid if he was not recruited for basketball. I did a bit of research. He was offered scholarships by Ucon, Boston College, Virginia Commonwealth, Drake, Eastern Kentucky, Georgia, and Tennessee State. Where is the NCAA?

Up to this moment, a crucial part of recruiting is deciding how to fill available slots and UCon made the decision to fill all their scholarships rather than risk waiting for a recruit that might not come. If this stands there is no limit to college athletic scholarships in any sport. How can the NCAA not realize the gravity of this rule bending?

My guess is that it will go down like this: UCon will offer financial aid to Bradley to make it seem that all is well, but they already know that they will have to withdraw it. They will blame the NCAA. Bradley will be left without a scholarship and Drummond will come on board. UCon suks, the Kentucky of the Big East.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom