Monday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Monday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Ryan+Nassib+Syracuse+v+Cincinnati+PWIp_C4_zxUl.jpg

Malvern Prep product Nassib sure loves the Orange | Philadelphia ...

Syracuse University free safety Phillip Thomas says he's pain-free ...

Syracuse University players ready to face 'hungry' Wake Forest ...

FB | Wanting more: Bowl victory leaves Syracuse fans eager for ...

FB | Marrone releases depth chart before 1st game Thursday

Raupers #7 & Harris #8 in top 10 athletes in last decade

Niko's SU vs. Wake Forest game prediction

Videos

9902550-large.jpg

SU's Ollie Haney excited for first start at nose tackle

Down the Field (The Syracuse University Fight Song)

Future Orangeman

Woodbridge, which shook off an 0-3 start last year in games against eventual playoff teams, is strong up front with OL Andrew Maddox, an Old Dominion commit. LB Darius Parson has committed to Syracuse. RB Jaylen Avent was a 900-yard rusher. The Vikings have a precocious freshman quarterback, Mike Majette, who could enable projected QB Logan Farrar to at times play wideout.
WP
Former Players

Rookie RB Delone Carter continues to impress. But more than just a few fans on Twitter have asked about him being the Colts’ No. 1 option. Then on a radio show last week the first question pertained to if RB Joseph Addai is washed up. I guess I understand why some don’t see Joe as sexy for the position. He doesn’t have the monster numbers. And you could make the argument if Donald Brown did more, they might not have re-signed Addai. But I will still defend Joe because he has the perfect unselfish temperament to blend in with this offense. And he does a little of everything. Lest anyone forget, he broke a couple long runs last year before he got hurt. Some said he couldn’t do that. And I still recall Addai in the open field making Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher look silly in Super Bowl XLI. And Manning, I’m guessing, was willing to take less money to make sure the Colts re-signed Addai. So while Carter is impressive, is a different type of power runner the Colts have lacked and need especially in short-yardage situations, Addai will be the starter unless he gets hurt. Now, if Addai goes down, Brown has more experience but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Carter eventually earn some snaps.
IS

chargers_cardinals_0017_r620x349.jpg

Arizona Cardinals' Early Doucet is tackled by San Diego Chargers' Steve Gregory and Eric Weddle during the first half. Paul Connors — ASSOCIATED PRESS

Arizona Cardinals' WIlliam Powell (37) is tackled by San Diego Chargers' Darrell Stuckey (25), Steve Gregory, right, and Darryl Gamble during the second half of an NFL preseason football game, Saturday, Aug. 27, 2011, in Glendale, Ariz. The Chargers won 34-31. (AP Photo/Paul Connors)

Julian Edelman a bright spot: The receiver was one of the few bright spots for the Patriots Saturday night, and had a nice 12-yard catch-and-run created by a nasty jab step on Detroit linebacker Doug Hogue. He ended up leaving the game prematurely and went to the locker room with an apparent injury.
ML

9943707-large.jpg

Legend to legend: Coaching that changes lives

Around The Big East

It will be a non-traditional year for Big East football in 2011

2011 Big East preview

First High Profile Big East Assignment: South Florida at Notre Dame

Big East coaches on Big East coaches: What they really think of ...

Around The Nation

New kid on the block A&M: Move to SEC daring

3-point stance: BYU good fit for Big 12

Miami's Shalala says scandal has been 'painful'

Premium

Mike's Take: Syracuse LB commit
SuperPrep.com (subscription) - Mike Bakas - 56 minutes ago

Syracuse recently landed a talented linebacker from the state of Florida so lets take a closer look at him as a prospect. ...

Blogs

Game 8 (5-2, 1-1) - Syracuse @ Louisville

Syracuse Football: Get To Know Your Orange Man--#4 Brandon Reddish

Operation Who Is This Guy: Angry Syracuse Fan Who Hates Pat Forde

2012 NFL Draft breakout candidates: Syracuse DE Chandler Jones

Wake Forest vs. Syracuse Depth Charts

Carter could very well be the starter in Indy by the end of the year. Addai is always hurt and Carter has already passed Brown. I was in a fantasy football draft last night and it was nice to see SU guys getting picked with Mike Williams going early, Donovan McNabb and Delone Carter going late.

So it said that Haney is starting at NT but he isn't even on the two deep

Carter could very well be the starter in Indy by the end of the year. Addai is always hurt and Carter has already passed Brown. I was in a fantasy football draft last night and it was nice to see SU guys getting picked with Mike Williams going early, Donovan McNabb and Delone Carter going late.

Mike Will and Delone both went pretty early in our board fantasy draft. It's too bad because they got taken right before I was about to...

So it said that Haney is starting at NT but he isn't even on the two deep
yeah - very misleading headline - what little text they provided though alluded to the fact that he's excited to be getting into a game on something other than a special teams play - so I guess it's a start for him being in the actual position rotation. :noidea:

yeah - very misleading headline - what little text they provided though alluded to the fact that he's excited to be getting into a game on something other than a special teams play - so I guess it's a start for him being in the actual position rotation. :noidea:
That's how I read it. He is giddy to get his first taste of regular play. A real start to his college game playing.