Mondays game tells me more about this team than any game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mondays game tells me more about this team than any game

Yep...hard to see us having much chance. I just dont have any trust in our guards...or centers...or anyone except cj.
When CJ got the ball near the paint, there were 2-3 guys on him right away. The lobs to CJ were also well defended.

The lack of effort was on the defensive end. Too many times we played d for 30 seconds then would get burned by leaving a guy open in the last 5 of the shot clock. Cant happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are thinking the same thing, just expressing it differently.

Thompson did a great job moving Porter all over the place trying to get him looks but, I completely agree, there was no excuse for allowing the one guy, who was single-handedly winning them the game, open look after open look.

The four-point play was a great example. On the dribble-penetration, Xmas slid over to contain and Fair slid into the middle that Xmas vacated. Triche should have shaded way over towards Porter to take away the cross-court pass. Instead, Porter ended up with a wide-open look on the and Triche, in his late rush to get a hand in his face, fouled him.

I don't think it was lack of physical effort but the awareness on D was definitely lacking in the 2nd half.

I will say this. We really miss that Philly toughness that Scoop and Dion brought. There is nobody on this team who physically wills this team to continue to compete at a high level when things are not going well.

I think Triche was affected by his lack of production and you can see MCW's game deteriorate, especially towards the end of games, when he is having a frustrating day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom