money for facilities | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

money for facilities

Marrone was the lead fund-raiser for the football facility... just as Boeheim was the lead fund raiser for the Melo Center.

CTO, heard great things about you from my dear friend KJK. With that being said, we are 92' graduates and have access to 40 something successful folks. The facilities issue has been a constant, but important theme for the last few years and I am just ready to see a concrete plan developed outside the obvious. (My Dad is a 1963 graduate of SU and his generation has even more to give.)

I watched the Clemson Fball facility marketing video today and see what $50mm+ gets you = QUITE IMPRESSIVE. Aside from big one time donors or the Carmelo Anthony's of the world, I know there are pockets of capital out there to raise. Maybe there is a better way to coordinate with the university and interested parties strategically/geographically to get the process going forward. By no means would I suggest anyone on this particular board to give anything, but I can write a nice check at some point if there is a formalized process.

Also curious if non SU grads on this board would financially support the cause the same as a graduate?

I know the coach has been the "chief marketing and fund raising officer" or at least has been in the past few years. That's just not enough. I have grown more passionate about Syracuse University since I left NYC in 2008 and relocated to Dallas. I love watching both our key sports which keeps my upstate roots cemented! People here in Texas get freaked when I bleed Orange (not a norm here), which is even more special...

Count me in to help if the ball is truly moving forward (and not just complained about relentlessly)!

i just recently sent them 1.25 benjamins, that should take care of a months worth of urinal cakes
you are welcome

CTO, heard great things about you from my dear friend KJK. With that being said, we are 92' graduates and have access to 40 something successful folks. The facilities issue has been a constant, but important theme for the last few years and I am just ready to see a concrete plan developed outside the obvious. (My Dad is a 1963 graduate of SU and his generation has even more to give.)

I watched the Clemson Fball facility marketing video today and see what $50mm+ gets you = QUITE IMPRESSIVE. Aside from big one time donors or the Carmelo Anthony's of the world, I know there are pockets of capital out there to raise. Maybe there is a better way to coordinate with the university and interested parties strategically/geographically to get the process going forward. By no means would I suggest anyone on this particular board to give anything, but I can write a nice check at some point if there is a formalized process.

Also curious if non SU grads on this board would financially support the cause the same as a graduate?

I know the coach has been the "chief marketing and fund raising officer" or at least has been in the past few years. That's just not enough. I have grown more passionate about Syracuse University since I left NYC in 2008 and relocated to Dallas. I love watching both our key sports which keeps my upstate roots cemented! People here in Texas get freaked when I bleed Orange (not a norm here), which is even more special...

Count me in to help if the ball is truly moving forward (and not just complained about relentlessly)!

I am not a Syracuse Alum, but I give more to SU than I do Hamilton.

Not an alum, but I have and I would contribute.

i just recently sent them 1.25 benjamins, that should take care of a months worth of urinal cakes
you are welcome

I hope you requested red (buttgers) or dark blue (g-town) colored urinal cakes...

you are welcome
Meaning we're getting urinals instead of troughs? Don't tell Ragman!

Is there a Syracuse University Boosters? I found the Alumni page, but what about boosters?

Meaning we're getting urinals instead of troughs? Don't tell Ragman!
millhouse is the overflowing toilet in 4A.

rutgers and gtown share the apt in 3A.

renting is mayhem.

Allstate.....get a quote.

:rolling:

Jim Boeheim can thank Juli Boeheim a lot for the Melo Center (well documented, not uncovering anything earth shattering here).

With the way Marrone was (special teams, offensive line, etc.), I can see him wanting to do steps A thru Z himself. And that is not how fundraising at colleges and universities work (at least in my experiences).

Need a change in culture within SU AD (as has been said). I think there needs to be someone on staff with an understanding of how to facilitate. How to put on events for alums (and select donors). How to reconnect with successful football alums. Has anyone straight-up asked Dwight Freeney for a donation? Has anyone straight-up asked Keith Bulluck who was in the league for 12 years for a donation? Donovin Darius? I don't know that they have.

I know they recently hired Jason Poles - maybe he's the guy that can. He played with some of them.

I'm ranting a little bit, but the fundraising needs to get done - and there are PLENTY of people that have not given to the program in the way they could/should (for whatever reason) that need to be spoken to by the right people in the right way.

how much money do we need??? I have yet to see someone say how much it would take.

the fact that the common fan doesn't even know lack of financial support is a major issue is troubling in its own right

This is so very, very important. The average Syracuse fan, be it local or alum, has zero clue as to the ludicrous state of the college athletics arm race. I mean ZERO.

They think SU is "rich". If they are told that our facilities are lacking then they'll assume that SU is not building things because they're "cheap".

SU desperately needs someone who can educate the alumni and fan bases about the financial commitment that is necessary to maintain a top-25 caliber football program. I like Gross, but he hasn't done that.

And then they need someone who can nail a mass outreach program. The University seems to do it well enough to fund academic initiatives. The AD seems to have failed badly.

Jim Boeheim can thank Juli Boeheim a lot for the Melo Center (well documented, not uncovering anything earth shattering here).

With the way Marrone was (special teams, offensive line, etc.), I can see him wanting to do steps A thru Z himself. And that is not how fundraising at colleges and universities work (at least in my experiences).

Need a change in culture within SU AD (as has been said). I think there needs to be someone on staff with an understanding of how to facilitate. How to put on events for alums (and select donors). How to reconnect with successful football alums. Has anyone straight-up asked Dwight Freeney for a donation? Has anyone straight-up asked Keith Bulluck who was in the league for 12 years for a donation? Donovin Darius? I don't know that they have.

I know they recently hired Jason Poles - maybe he's the guy that can. He played with some of them.

I'm ranting a little bit, but the fundraising needs to get done - and there are PLENTY of people that have not given to the program in the way they could/should (for whatever reason) that need to be spoken to by the right people in the right way.

As far as rants go, this one is through the roof---in a good way! Well said!

how much money do we need??? I have yet to see someone say how much it would take.

If we are planning to build a copy of the Jets' practice facility, as has been rumored, the price tag for that was $75 million five years ago.