Moose must get himself ready for "next season ths off season | Syracusefan.com

Moose must get himself ready for "next season ths off season

CaliCuse

All American
He could wind up being the man in the middle down low. If Fab goes as expected and Noel doesn't come her we will be looking at Moose there I doubt Jimmy is going to want DC2 in the middle to get in foul trouble. I can see him going in there for short periods but not as "the true center.Christmas is a possibility if he too gets himself physically ready.:noidea:

He could wind up being the man in the middle down low. If Fab goes as expected and Noel doesn't come her we will be looking at Moose there I doubt Jimmy is going to want DC2 in the middle to get in foul trouble. I can see him going in there for short periods but not as "the true center.Christmas is a possibility if he too gets himself physically ready.:noidea:
Ok I will bite. Who the hell is Moose?

BMK. Sometimes you don't even need to break out your Cali translation dictionary.
I thought so but wasnt sure. He threw me for a loop because there wasnt a random Z in the post somewhere.

I for one will cringe if BMK is our starting C next year. If no Fab/Noel, then DC2 will hopefully win the job. We can't have our starting C give us nothing on both offense and defense. DC2 is probably the polar opposite of Fab, but at least he will give us a scoring threat.

I for one will cringe if BMK is our starting C next year. If no Fab/Noel, then DC2 will hopefully win the job. We can't have our starting C give us nothing on both offense and defense. DC2 is probably the polar opposite of Fab, but at least he will give us a scoring threat.
Keita gives a little more than "nothing" on defense.

DC2 is our starting center next year.

Sent from my DROIDX

Keita gives a little more than "nothing" on defense.
True, but he's regressed from last year. Keita seems like a really good kid, but he belongs at Lemoyne. The more minutes he's forced to play the worse off we'll be.

Sent from my DROIDX

Agreed, he is not athletic enough to be a wing defender, but should fit in the middle nicely.

True, but he's regressed from last year. Keita seems like a really good kid, but he belongs at Lemoyne. The more minutes he's forced to play the worse off we'll be.
Yeah, I thought he was going to improve from last year and be solid on defense but maybe having Rick at the 4 helped him a lot.

Agreed. If BMK has to get the majority of minutes at C next year, we will struggle.

He will play for 2mins and sit the rest of the game.

I'm down for that bet.

Sent from my DROIDX

Sent from my DROIDX

Your not Jim Boeheim, and your not on the coaching staff. Let them make that decision.

And by the way Fab might come back, and we could still get Nerlens

Sent from my DROIDX

If so, then the zone will look very different next year. DC is not much of a shot blocker or rebounder. I'm not suggesting he wont be effective, just that the zone will play much differently with him at the C. And, as someone who has seen DC play, there really is no way he can defend from the 4 at SU unless he significantly changes his body and conditioning.

I think that Christmas might be the "starter" at C next year, at leaset early in the year. DC will certainly play, especially when JB wants to give up something on D for an inside scoring threat in BE play.

If so, then the zone will look very different next year. DC is not much of a shot blocker or rebounder. I'm not suggesting he wont be effective, just that the zone will play much differently with him at the C. And, as someone who has seen DC play, there really is no way he can defend from the 4 at SU unless he significantly changes his body and conditioning.

I think that Christmas might be the "starter" at C next year, at leaset early in the year. DC will certainly play, especially when JB wants to give up something on D for an inside scoring threat in BE play.
Don't think so. Rak has played some C this year, but don't think JB will want another year of him trying to learn on the job. In the likely event that Fab and Noel aren't here, DC mans the middle.

Don't think so. Rak has played some C this year, but don't think JB will want another year of him trying to learn on the job. In the likely event that Fab and Noel aren't here, DC mans the middle.

Time will tell. BTW, wouldn't DC also have to "learn on the job?"

If Fab leaves and Noel does not come here, DC2 starts from day 1. And he'll play far more than 2 minutes a game. Likely 15-25 minutes a game. He'll be the best rebounder and inside scorer on the team as soon as he gets on campus.

Time will tell. BTW, wouldn't DC also have to "learn on the job?"
Technically yes, but he's a more advanced basketball player than Rak is. Not saying he'll be a world beater, but he'll be much more ready to contribute than Rak was.

DC2 is he starting 5... so stop. BMK needs to put on weight and get his butt in the strength room. If Noel doesnt come RAK will start at the 4.

I hope it doesn't work out that way but maybe we get lucky and Noel does come into the Dome and be the sensation for a year.:rolleyes:

Think Fab freshmen year...DC2 will be good but not as a freshmen
Terrible analysis. Completely different players; DC has been on the circuit for awhile and is a much more skilled and advanced basketball player. Fab is obviously taller and a better defensive player.

DC2 is more the AO/Otis Hill type with a higher ceiling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom