More Expansion Fire | Syracusefan.com

More Expansion Fire

Just "The Dude" again. He spews his trash. Baylor forum moderator tweets that Big 12 expansion is imminent, probably based off of "The Dude". There's Chip Brown's two sources.

Why would ND send there teams there when the BE is still together at this point and the ACC or even Big 10 would take them. I doubt this is true.

This one has been out there for awhile. ND having its non-football sports in a conference never bothered anyone before, I don't see why it will now. The problem with the article is that ND doesn't want their own Tier 3 network. They want their own Tier 1 network. And they have one.

Will be awkward once ND joins the Big 12, and then the Big 12 is forced to lobby for a playoff system that is exclusive of independent teams, because that's their only way to force ND into joining for football. I'm sure ND will understand. They will all be one big happy family at that point.

It worries me when The Dude's noise gets picked up by semi-reputable media outlets.

Not to say that Orangebloods is all that reputable, but they are most certainly more than just a blogger working out of his parents basement...

If true, this is a blow to the ACC. Any hopes of luring ND to the conference may have just flown out the window.

they are most certainly more than just a blogger working out of his parents basement...

It's only a formality as Chip Brown's parents don't have a basement. ;)

I know this ND fan personally and he is hearing the offer from the B12 is on the table...he han't bought into this expansion stuff beforehand. The ACC better not blow this.

I think this is legit and a huge threat to the ACC.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=574958

The Dude. Greg Swaim. Chip Brown. These people are all bomb throwers.

Unfortunately for them their aim is about as accurate as a 2-year-old girl's. Come Monday morning their faces are going to be caked with burnt powder and their hair is going to be emitting smoke.

Why would ND put all their 'other' sports in the Big 12? What would they have to gain from that?

Nothing.

More BS

Just "The Dude" again. He spews his trash. Baylor forum moderator tweets that Big 12 expansion is imminent, probably based off of "The Dude". There's Chip Brown's two sources.

I still have never read anything by the Dude everyone references but I am sure Brown is not the dude and I have no doubt Brown doesn't use some WVU dude as a source whether Brown is right or wrong.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Why would ND put all their 'other' sports in the Big 12? What would they have to gain from that?

Nothing.

More BS

I think they would be foolish as the ACC is a better choice...but I think the offer is out there. If I were the ACC I would counteroffer.

It worries me when The Dude's noise gets picked up by semi-reputable media outlets..

I think you guys are semi nuts.

I think they would be foolish..but I think the offer is out there. If I were the ACC I would counteroffer.
Congratulations, Big 12. You are the new Big East.

FWIW I think it's BS.

Congratulations, Big 12. You are the new Big East.

FWIW I think it's BS.
Notre Dame kept the BE relevant (as much as they could) after the three bailed in 2003. The ACC needs ND...

I think you guys are semi nuts.

You may be semi right, but that doesn't change the fact that ND to the B12 is bad news for the ACC. Even without football, taking ND out of the mix reaffirms the belief that the ACC is not one of the "Big-4" conference players.

I think they would be foolish as the ACC is a better choice...but I think the offer is out there. If I were the ACC I would counteroffer.

What makes you think they haven't already extended a similiar offer to ND ?

i just dont fn get it.

the bevo??

good lord that is 1 ugly, top heavy conf.

is it possible the b1g & the ACC both told ND, its all or nothing and they have no choice, but sell their souls to play in ames and bizaro manhattan??

Gotta love "unnamed sources" who think something "might" happen by the end of the Summer. Way to go out on a limb there, Chip.

i just dont fn get it.

the bevo??

good lord that is 1 ugly, top heavy conf.

is it possible the b1g & the ACC both told ND, its all or nothing and they have no choice, but sell their souls to play in ames and bizaro manhattan??

and don't forget Waco, Lubbock and Stillwater. No where else I'd rather spend a weekend :eek:

Anyone who would get in bed with Texas is absolutely nutso.

You may be semi right, but that doesn't change the fact that ND to the B12 is bad news for the ACC. Even without football, taking ND out of the mix reaffirms the belief that the ACC is not one of the "Big-4" conference players.

I meant thinking that some of these more recognized media people like Brown use the WVU dude as a source.